September 15th, 2014 International Day of Democracy September 16th, 2014 World Ozone Layer Day September 17th, 2014 Constitution Day and Citizenship Day September 19th, 2014 National POW/MIA Recognition Day September 19th, 2014 International Talk Like a Pirate Day September 21st, 2014 International Day of Peace September 22nd, 2014 Emancipation Day September 22nd, 2014 Autumnal equinox September 25th, 2014 Rosh Hashana September 25th, 2014 World Maritime Day September 27th, 2014 World Tourism Day September 28th, 2014 World Rabies Day September 28th, 2014 Gold Star Mother's Day September 28th, 2014 World Heart Day October 1st, 2014 International Day of Older Persons October 2nd, 2014 International Day of Non-Violence October 4th, 2014 Feast of St Francis of Assisi October 4th, 2014 Yom Kippur October 5th, 2014 Eid-al-Adha October 5th, 2014 World Teachers' Day October 6th, 2014 Child Health Day October 6th, 2014 World Habitat Day October 8th, 2014 World Day for Natural Disaster Reduction October 9th, 2014 First day of Sukkot October 9th, 2014 World Post Day October 9th, 2014 Leif Erikson Day October 9th, 2014 World Sight Day October 10th, 2014 World Mental Health Day October 11th, 2014 International Day of the Girl Child October 13th, 2014 Native Americans' Day October 13th, 2014 Indigenous People's Day October 13th, 2014 Columbus Day October 15th, 2014 White Cane Safety Day October 15th, 2014 International Day of Rural Women October 15th, 2014 Last day of Sukkot October 16th, 2014 World Food Day October 16th, 2014 Shmini Atzeret/Simchat Torah October 16th, 2014 Boss's Day October 17th, 2014 World Day for Poverty Eradication October 17th, 2014 'Alaska Day' observed
Rare Royal Doulton Kingsware Daniel Mendoza Jewish Boxer Whisky Water Jug 1925 * For Sale
style="text-decoration:none" height="21px" valign="middle" face="arial"
TO VIEW THIS ITEM PROPERLY YOU SHOULD USEGoogle Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac,and Linux OR Mozilla Firefox Web Browser - Free Download.
Download Google Chrome Free!
PAYING TOP DOLLAR $FOR THESEROYAL DOULTON KINGSWARE FLASKS,A SAILOR'S STORY, FOX HUNTING, GROUSE SHOOTING, MENDOZA, THE GALLEON, THE JESTER, THE QUIET WOMAN. EMAIL ME IF HAVE ANY OF THESE FLASKS, JUGS FOR SALE. EMAIL MEIF HAVE ANY OF THESE FLASKS OR JUGS, ALSO WANTED HANNAH, FLORENCE BARLOW GEORGE TINWORTH, MARK MARSHALL, JOHN BROAD, HARRY BARNARD, ELIZA SIMMANCE, FRANK BUTLER, NOKE ITEMS. NIAGARA FALLS, NY ASK SELLER A QUESTION NIAGARA FALLS, NY THISsale SALEIS FOR AN ULTRA SUPER RAREROYAL DOULTON KINGSWAREDANIEL MENDOZA JEWISH BOXERWHISKY WATER PITCHER JUG ONLY! THE STERLING SILVER RIM DATES TO 1925. THE ROYAL DOULTON KINGSWARE MENDOZA WHISKY FLASK JUG PICTURED IS NOT FOR SALE. Daniel Mendoza was the first Jewish prize-fighter to become a champion. Though he stood only 5'7" and weighed 160 pounds, Mendoza was England’s sixteenth Heavyweight Champion from 1792 to 1795. Always proud of his heritage, he billed himself as Mendoza the Jew.MENDOZA, Daniel was inducted into the International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 1981. Clive Bettington, chairman of the Jewish East End Celebration Society,with a commemorative plaque of Jewish boxer Daniel Mendoza. Photograph: Linda Nylind THE MAJORITY OF ROYAL DOULTON ITEMS WITH STERLING SILVER FITTING WERE MADE BY GEORGE BETJETMANN & SONS IN LONDON. THIS ROYAL DOULTON KINGSWARE MENDOZA WHISKY WATER JUG MEASURES 5 1/2 INCHES TALL. POTTER'S MARK ON THE BOTTOM READS ''ROYAL DOULTON ENGLAND ". THIS JUG IS SIGNED " NOKE ". THIS ULTRA RARE ROYAL DOULTON KINGSWARE MENDOZA WATER PITCHER JUG IS IN NEAR MINT CONDITION WITH NO CHIPS, NO CRACKS, VERY MINOR CRAZING AND NO RESTORATIONS.THERE ARE SOMERUMORSFLOATING AROUND THAT THIS ROYAL DOULTON KINGSWARE MENDOZA WHISKEY FLASK & JUG WERE PRODUCED FOR A JEWISH WHISKY DEALER OR DISTRIBUTOR IN ENGLAND. PRIOR TO THE DISCOVERY OF THIS MENDOZA WATER JUG NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCURATELY DATE WHEN THE ROYAL DOULTON MENDOZA KINGSWARE WHISKEY FLASKS AND WATER JUGS WERE MADE. NOW THAT THIS MENDOZA WATER JUG HAS BEEN FOUND WITH THE GEORGE BETJETMANN & SONS STERLING SILVER " K " MARK YOU CAN DATE IT TO 1925. THE MAJORITY OF ROYAL DOULTON ITEMS WITH STERLING SILVER FITTING WERE MADE BY GEORGE BETJETMANN & SONS IN LONDON. THIS ROYAL DOULTON MENDOZA KINGSWARE WHISKY FLASK & WATER JUG ARE LISTED IN " COLLECTING DOULTON KINGSWARE " BOOK BY JOCELYN LUKINS. THIS VARIATION WITH THE " STERLING SILVER RIM IS NOT RECORDED IN THE BOOK.The Cathedral of Whisky in São Paulo Brazil. José Roberto Briguenti Collection Contains thousands of bottles whiskeys of various types from worldwide. CATEDRAL DO WHISKY THE WORLDS LARGEST PRIVATE WHISKY COLLECTION WITH 5,000 PLUS ITEMS, CLICK HERE TO VIEW!!! The collector José Roberto Briguenti with a (Rare) Royal Doulton Flask Specimen. The background bottles with over 160 years of Malt Da Silva Whiskey Jug inducted into theInternational Jewish Sports Hall of Famein 1981. DANIEL Britain Born:July 5, 1764 in Aldgate, London, England Died:September 3, 1836Daniel Mendoza was the first Jewish prize-fighter to become a champion. Though he stood only 5'7" and weighed 160 pounds, Mendoza was England’s sixteenth Heavyweight Champion from 1792 to 1795. Always proud of his heritage, he billed himself as Mendoza the Jew. He is the father of scientific boxing. At a time when the sport of boxing consisted primarily of barehanded slugging, Mendoza introduced the concept of defense. He developed the guard, the straight left, and made use of sidestepping tactics. This new strategy, the Mendoza School, also referred to as the Jewish School, was criticized in some circles as cowardly. But it permitted Mendoza to fully capitalize on his small stature, speed, and punching power. His first recorded prizefight was a knockout of an opponent, known as Harry the Coalheaver, whom he dispatched in 40 rounds. A victory in his first professional fight in 1787 won him the patronage of the Prince of Wales (later George IV), the first boxer to earn this honor. His acceptance by British royalty (he was the first Jew ever to speak to England’s King George III) helped elevate the position of the Jew in English society and stem a vicious tide of anti-Semitism that many Englishmen read into Shakespeare’s characterization of Shylock in his play The Merchant of Venice. Mendoza had a series of storied matches against rival Richard Humphries, one each in 1788, 1789, and 1790. He lost the first battle in 29 rounds but won the latter pair in 52 and 15Daniel Mendoza, “Mendoza the Jew” rounds. He laid claim tothe English boxing title in 1791 when the prevailing champion, Benjamin Brain, retired. Another top English boxer, Bill Warr, contested Mendoza’s claim. In May 1792, the two met to settle the matter in Croydon, England. Mendoza was victorious in 23 rounds. Warr and Mendoza met again in November 1794, and this time it took the champion only 15 minutes to dispose of the challenger. Mendoza, a descendant of Spanish Marranos (Jews coerced into conversion to Christianity) who had lived in London for nearly a century, became such a popular figure in England that songs were written about him, and his name appeared in scripts of numerous plays. His personal appearances would fill theaters, portraits of him and his fights were popular subjects for artists, and commemorative medals were struck in his honor. Daniel Mendoza was one of the inaugural group elected in 1954 to the Boxing Hall of Fame and of the inaugural class of the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 1990. G. Betjemann and Sonsof 36-44 Pentonville Road, London, N. (1922)Telephone: 2092. Cables: Betjemann, London (1929)1922 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Small Cabinets, Cigar and Cigarette Boxes, Silver-mounted Onyx and other stone goods, Silver-mounted Glass and China, Tantalus Stands, Locking Bottles. (Stand No. D.24)1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Small Fitted Tables and Cabinets, Silver-mounted China, Glass, Onyx and Stone Goods, Tantaus Stands, Locking Bottles, Brush Sets, Boxes and High-class Presentation Articles in Shagreen and Ivory. (Stand No J.76)Note:Sir John Betjeman (1906-1984), Poet Laureate, was a direct descendent (? Great-Grandson) of George Betjemann - the first of the family to arrive in the UK from Germany. During the First World War, Sir John dropped the last 'n' from his surname.George Betjemann & Sons1873 -1899(registered Feb1872)Ashtray, box, cigarette case, coin holder, decanter lock, dish, ink well, jar lid, lock cover, manicure set, match striker, watch holderPentonville Road, London N1Company purchased by Puddefoot, Bowers & Simonett Ltd, 19381903 -1922(registered Dec1900)George Betjemann & Sons Ltd1926 -1935 DANIEL MENDOZA. Daniel Mendoza, a Sephardi Jew, was champion boxer of England for most years from 1788 until 1795. Mendoza was a hugely popular character who introduced a new ‘scientific’ style of boxing, and was famed throughout the country as a skilled and courageous fighter.This Staffordshire pottery jug dates from around 1800 and depicts a famous fight between Mendoza and Richard Humphreys in 1788.Mendoza’s success encouraged other Jews into the boxing ring, the most famous being Samuel Elias, known as ‘Dutch Sam’. Mendoza set up a school of boxing in 1787, and the many Jewish boys he trained helped to encourage a lasting connection between Jews and boxing in England.The museum holds many depictions of Daniel Mendoza and other 18th and 19th century Jewish boxers in its extensive collections of prints and drawings.Looking to Purchase this Royal Doulton Mendoza Kingsware Whisky flask Jug below.George Betjemann & Sons Ltd. 1926..1935View photosYou are invited to view Abel's album. This album has 33 files.
ROYAL DOULTON HISTORY JOHN DOULTON John Doulton (November 17, 1793 – May 26, 1873) was an English businessman and manufacturer of pottery, a founder of the firm that later became known as Royal Doulton. John Doulton married Jane Duneau, a widow from Bridgnorth in Shropshire, who died April 9, 1841. They had eight children, including Sir Henry, Bob MP, Josiah and Alfred. In 1815, soon after John Doulton had completed his apprenticeship as a potter, he invested his life savings of £100 in the Vauxhall Walk pottery of Martha Jones, Lambeth. Her foreman, John Watts, was also taken into partnership and the firm became known as Jones, Watts and Doulton. It specialized in industrial ware, brown stoneware, drain pipes as well as stoneware bottles for chemicals, beer, and other industrial liquids among others. Martha Jones withdrew from the partnership in 1820 and the company moved to new premises in Lambeth High Street in 1826. In 1835 John's 15 year old son Henry Doulton was taken on as an apprentice. By 1846, Henry had set up an independent Lambeth Pottery which had become the leader in industrial products, particularly sanitation products. Following the retirement of John Watts in 1853, Doulton and Watts merged with Henry's company to become Doulton and Company and was highly recognized for its lines of hand decorated figurines, vases and dinnerware. HENRY DOULTON Sir Henry Doulton (25 July 1820 – 18 November 1897) was an English businessman, inventor and manufacturer of pottery, instrumental in developing the firm of Royal Doulton. Born in Vauxhall, Henry was the second of the eight children of John Doulton (1793–1873), a pottery manufacturer, and his wife, Jane Duneau, a widow from Bridgnorth in Shropshire. His brother, Frederick Doulton, became Member of Parliament for Lambeth from 1862 until 1868. His father had become a partner in a pottery business in 1815 but Henry was the most academic of his children. Henry spent two years at the University College School where he developed a love of literature. His father had thought Henry the least likely to join the family business, perhaps being destined for a profession, but in 1835, he joined the firm, as did all his brothers other than Frederick. One of the first results of his many experiments was the production of good enamel glazes. In 1846 he initiated in Lambeth the pipe works, in which he superintended the manufacture of the drainage and sanitary appliances which have helped to make the firm of Doulton famous. In 1870 the manufacture of "Art pottery" was begun at Lambeth, using the skills of students from the Lambeth School of Art ( later the City and Guilds of London Art School ). The company exhibited at the Centennial Exposition of 1876 in Philadelphia. In 1877 works were opened at Burslem, where almost every variety of porcelain and earthenware has been produced. Works have since been opened at Rowley Regis, Smethwick, St Helens, Paisley and Paris. After the Paris exhibition of 1878, Henry Doulton was made a Chevalier of the Légion d'honneur. In 1872 the Art department was instituted in the Doulton works, giving employment to both male and female artists, among whom such workers as George Tinworth and Misses Hannah and Florence Barlow obtained a reputation outside their immediate sphere. In 1887 Henry Doulton received the honor of a knighthood, and a few years later was awarded the Albert Medal by the Royal Society of Arts. In 1849 he married Sarah, the daughter of Elizabeth and James Lewis Kennaby. They had three children, Sarah Lillian (1852-), Henry Lewis (1853–1930), and Katherine Duneau (1856–1932). His wife Sarah died in 1888. Sir Henry Doulton took an active interest, as almoner, in St Thomas' Hospital. Appropriately after his death in London, he was placed in a mausoleum at West Norwood Cemetery constructed from red pottery tiles and bricks from the Doulton Works, which is now a Grade II Listed building. Doulton and Co. November 1963. Doulton and Co, of Royal Doulton Potteries, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshireof Royal Doulton Potteries, High Street, Lambeth, London, SE1; and Nile Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Telephone: London - Reliance 1241; Burslem - Hanley 7266. Cables: "Doultons, London"; "Doultons, Burslem". (1929) The Doulton Company produced tableware and collectables, with a history dating back to 1815. Operating originally in London, its reputation developed when it moved to The Potteries, where it was a relative latecomer compared with other leading names such as Spode, Wedgwood and Mintons. Today, its products include dinnerware, giftware, cookware, porcelain, glassware, collectables, jewellery, linens, curtains, and lighting, among other items. Its three key brands are Royal Doulton, Royal Albert, and Minton. Together, the three brands make up Doulton Home, which is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group. Most of the pieces in these three brands are manufactured outside the United Kingdom, in the Far East and Indonesia. 1815 John Doulton (1793–1873) became a partner in the pottery of Martha Jones in Vauxhall Walk, London, together with John Watts. The business became Jones, Watts and Doulton. It specialised in making stoneware articles, such as decorative bottles and salt glaze sewer pipes 1820 Mrs Jones withdrew from the business.1826 Doulton and Watts flourished, moving in 1826 to premises in Lambeth High Street.1834 Doulton and Watts establishment at High St, Lambeth involved 12 men working 2 kilns per week. Eventually 6 of John's sons joined the business including John junior (the eldest) and Henry who became an apprentice in 1835. Henry was to be the driving force behind a number of innovations which made the name of Doulton world famous. 1846 Henry Doulton left home to start his own business to make ceramic pipes for the sanitary market. In addition Henry continued to help his father's firm of Doulton and Watts, and both concerns gradually expanded onto adjoining land and premises. 1853 John Watts retired. 1853 Doulton and Co was established by John and his son Henry as makers of fine English stoneware. 1855 Partnership dissolved: Doulton and Watts, potters, High St, Lambeth. At some point the 3 businesses of Doulton and Watts, Henry Doulton and Co and the independent pipe works owned by Henry's brother, John Doulton junior, were brought together. c.1857 John Sparkes, principal of the Lambeth School of Art, approached Henry Doulton with the idea of producing artistic ware. While the functional pottery business was so successful, there was little incentive to develop new product lines. Eventually Sparkes and Edward Cresy, an engineer and lifelong friend of Henry Doulton, convinced him to experiment with artistic designs. Much work was needed to solve the problems of making artware. 1862 Doulton and Watts demonstrated a potter's wheel at the International Exhibition.1867 Henry Doulton presented the first examples of his art pottery at the Paris Exhibition.1870 Doulton's technical problems with artware were finally solved. By 1871, Henry Doulton had launched a studio at the Lambeth pottery, and offered work to designers and artists from a local art school. Their names included the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur), Frank Butler, Mark Marshall, Eliza Simmance, and George Tinworth. 1873 John Doulton senior died. By this time, the firm was an established leader in industrial ceramics, and was just entering the field of art pottery. The revival by Doulton and Co of the salt glaze stoneware that came to be known as Doulton Ware was one of the major triumphs of the firm. From small beginning, the staff of artists and decorators (including such well-known names as George Tinworth and Hannah Barlow) rose to 345 by 1890. 1876 John Duneau Doulton registered the company's first trademarks. 1877/8 Doulton bought a small factory from Pinder, Bourne and Co at Nile Street in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Doulton became increasingly popular, thanks mainly to the artistic direction of John Slater, who worked across a wide variety of figurines, vases, character jugs, and decorative pieces. The company was soon producing bone china at this factory. 1882 The name of the Burslem works was changed from Pinder, Bourne and Co to Doulton and Co Ltd. 1882 A new building was added to the High Street Pottery to cope with the demand for artware, which took numerous medals and prizes. This success was matched by growth in the Staffordshire potteries. The knighthood conferred on Henry Doulton in 1887 was a recognition of his outstanding achievements. 1889 The Lambeth establishment employed c.2000 people and there were another 2000 employees in other parts of the Doulton empire; drain pipe works were also at St Helens and Rowley Regis. 1891 Doulton and Watts, encaustic tile makers, filter makers and crucible makers, 28 High St, Lambeth. Doulton and Co was at Albert Embankment. 1891 Henry Lewis Doulton became a partner. 1895 Doulton and Watts, Lambeth Pottery, London SE, manufacturers of Doulton ware, etc. Showroom at Albert Embankment. City showroom at Holborn Circus. Encaustic tile manufacturers, 24 High St, Lambeth. Doulton and Co (Lambeth Sanitary Engineering works) and makers of carbon filters, 24 High St, Lambeth. 1897 Henry Doulton retired in summer 1897, and died in November. 1898 Doulton and Co: offer of public shares in the company. The growth of the company and the withdrawal of Sir Henry's capital had made this step necessary, which took place on 1 January 1899; Henry Lewis Doulton was chairman and managing director; the other directors were Ronald Duncan Doulton (Henry's nephew), Benjamin Hannen, a builder, and William Turnbull, a partner in a firm of china merchants. 1899 The company was registered on 29 November, to take over the business of Doulton and Co, of the Lambeth Pottery. 1901 The popularity of Doulton products had come to the attention of the Royal Family and the Burslem factory was granted the Royal Warrant by the new King, Edward VII. It was this that enabled the business to adopt new back-stamp and a name that would last: Royal Doulton. 1911 Engineers (Sanitary) for the Railways. 1914 Listed as potters and sanitary engineers. Specialities: the art pottery universally known as "Doulton Ware"; the "Lambeth Faience"; "Carrara" stoneware, largely used for architectural decoration; "Terra Cotta" for architectural use and horticultural ornaments; "Holbein", "Rouge Flambé", "Crystalline" glazes; fine earthenware and china. Employees 4,000. WWI Morgan Crucible Co acquired the crucible business of Doulton and Co 1918 Henry Lewis resigned the managing directorship and the chairmanship in 1925, being succeeded in both positions by his nephew Eric Hooper. After the first World War, Royal Doulton went on to become synonymous with the finest English china worldwide. That name and reputation continued to grow with flambé ware, titanian ware, and bone china. 1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Fine China and Fine Earthenware for all services and all markets. Decorative Pottery, China Statuettes, Rouge Flambé, Chang and Sung. Also Lambeth Stoneware Art Goods. (Stand No. G.61) 1947 Advert in British Industries Fair Catalogue as Exhibiting Member of the British Pottery Manufacturers' Federation of Federation House, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Composite Exhibit. (Pottery and Glassware Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1196) 1956 The Lambeth factory closed due to new clean air regulations that prevented the production of salt-glaze in the urban environment. Following closure, all work was transferred to The Potteries. The firm's headquarters remained there until 1971. The building was demolished in 1976. 1968 The old established pottery company Mintons merged with Royal Doulton. 1968 Queen's Award to Industry for Technological Innovation to Doulton Industrial Products and Doulton Research. 1969 Sold pipe interests to Hepworth Iron Co. 1971 S. Pearson and Son acquired Doulton and Co and the outstanding interests in Allied English Potteries that it did not already own. As a result Royal Albert, as a part of Allied English Potteries, joined with Royal Doulton. Since then, the business has combined the current three main brands under a shared identity: Royal Doulton, Royal Albert, and Minton. 2004 All production by the company in the UK ceased. Following Wedgwood's acquisition of Royal Doulton on 14 January, 2005, Royal Doulton has left its factory in Burslem having established a state-of-the-art production facility in Indonesia. 2008 The company still produces fine bone china, fine china and Royal Doulton Lambeth ware. Doulton & Watts (1815-1854) John Doulton, born in London on 17th November 1793, was made an apprentice at the Fulham Pottery in 1805 and completed his apprenticeship in 1812. Doulton then found employment as a thrower at a small pottery in Vauxhall Walk, owned, following the death of her husband, by a Mrs Martha Jones. John Doulton and John Watts, the pottery foreman, became partners in the business with Mrs Jones in 1815, the business trading as Jones, Watts & Doulton. In 1820 Mrs Jones retired, the partnership was dissolved and Doulton and Watts continued the business on their own account. The dissolution of the partnership and the start of he Doulton business is recorded in the London Gazette for 4th February 1820: NOTICE is hereby given that the Partnership between Martha Jones, John Watts and John Doulton of Vauxhall-Walk, in the County of Surrey, Potters, and carried on under the firm of Jones, Watts and Doulton, is this day dissolved by mutual consent; and that the debts due from the said Co-partnership will be paid by the said John Watts and John Doulton, the continuing Partners to whom all debts due to the said Partnership are to be paid. The business, now known as Doulton & Watts, moved to Lambeth High Street in 1826 and continued to develop its main business of stoneware bottle manufacture. John Doulton (Jnr) (b. 1819) and Henry Doulton (b.1820) joined their father in the successful family business. In 1846 Henry Doulton established a separate business to manufacture sanitary ware and earthenware pipes. Unable to find all of the capital required, Henry turned to his father and the business was established at 63 High St, Lambeth, adjacent to Doulton & Watts, with Henry Doulton, John Doulton (Snr) and younger son Frederick Doulton as the partners. Such was the demand for sanitary ware that within a few years Henry Doulton & Co. had established pipe-making factories in the English Midlands at Dudley, Smethwick and Rowley Regis. John Doulton (Jnr) also started an independent business (in 1947), establishing a pipe-making factory at St Helens in Lancashire to supply pipes to Liverpool and the north-west. At the end of 1853 John Watts retired, triggering the liquidation of his partnership with John Doulton. He was well rewarded, receiving his share of the partnership as an annuity of £150 per annum and interest at 5% on a sum of £5000. Doulton & Co. (Ltd), (1854–1993) On the retirement of John Watts, the Doulton family liquidated their now three independently operating businesses and from the 1st January 1854 formed a new partnership under the name ‘Doulton & Co.’ with a paid-up capital of £51,682. The contributions of the respective liquidated businesses were: Doulton & WattsCredit of John Doulton £8,109Henry Doulton & Co.Credit of Henry Doulton £19,412Credit of John Doulton (Snr) £9,706Credit of Frederick Doulton £4,853John DoultonCredit of John Doulton (Jnr) £9,276 *The figures, above, are from the book by Desmond Eyles: Royal Doulton 1815-1865 – The Rise and Expansion of the Royal Doulton Potteries. Hutchinson of London (1965). Henry Doulton’s vision to invest in pipe manufacture was thus truly vindicated as the value of Henry Doulton & Co., in only six years, had increased from the initial £1,400 invested by the three partners to over £33,000, and contributing to the new business over three times the value of Doulton & Watts the long established family business. Shareholders in Doulton & Co. were Henry Doulton (47/125th), John Doulton (Snr) (42/125th), John Doulton (Jnr) (23/125th), Frederick Doulton (12/125th), and Alfred Doulton (1/125th). Only two years into the new partnership Alfred Doulton died whilst returning from a visit to Australia, John Doulton (II) died in 1862 and when Frederick Doulton retired from the business to enter politics, the partnership was reconstituted from 1st January 1864 with the partners being Henry Doulton (14/25th), John Doulton (I) (10/25th), and James Duneau Doulton (1/25th). James (b. 1835) was the youngest son of John Doulton (I) and was to become the administrative manager of the Doulton businesses. Henry Lewis Doulton, Henry Doulton’s only son entered the business in November 1872, and when John Doulton (I) died in1873 a new partnership was required. This was formed from January 1881 when Lewis Doulton entered the partnership and Henry Doulton transferred one quarter of his capital to his son. The value of the business had increased to £290,192, and the new partners were Henry Doulton (54/100th), James Doulton (27/100th), and Henry Lewis Doulton (18/100th). James Doulton died in 1889, and Sir Henry Doulton in November 1897, however, the business continued under the leadership of his son Henry Lewis Doulton and nephew Ronald Duneau Doulton. The business was incorporated in 1899 as Doulton & Co. Ltd with Henry Lewis Doulton as both the Chairman and first Managing Director. The other founding Directors were his cousin Ronald Duneau Doulton (who had replaced James Doulton as the principal administrator of the Doulton businesses), Benjamin Hannen, a well known master-builder, and William Turnbull, principal of the china merchants Turnbull, Lachlan & Co. The capital of Doulton & Co. Ltd was established as £1,100,000, constituted as 400,000 ordinary £1 shares, £350,000 in 5% preference shares, and £350,000 in 4% irredeemable debenture stock. As the vendor of Doulton & Co., Lewis Doulton took all of the ordinary shares and one-third of both the preference and debenture stock in the new company. The balance of the preference shares and debenture stock were offered to the public.Doulton was granted a Royal Warrant and right to use ‘Royal’ in the name of its products by King Edward VII in 1901. Henry Lewis Doulton remained as Managing Director until 1918 and as Chairman until 1925. Having no children, Lewis Doulton looked to his nephew, Lewis John Eric Hooper to continue the family connection with the business. Eric Hooper, who trained first as a lawyer, had entered the business in 1902 and was appointed to the Board as a Director in 1909. He succeeded his uncle both as Managing Director (in 1918), and as Chairman in 1925. Eric Hooper remained as Chairman until his death in 1955 and was succeeded by E. Basil Green who had been Joint Managing Director (1947-1950) and then sole Managing Director until his appointment as Chairman in 1955. In January 1956 Doulton & Co. Ltd reorganised its operations into four subsidiary companies, manufacturing respectively, sanitary wares, industrial porcelains, drainage pipes, and earthenware and fine china. The latter, the non-industrial ceramics business, became the responsibility of the new subsidiary company 'Doulton Fine China Ltd' registered in October1955. Basil Green remained Chairman of Doulton & Co. Ltd until the end of 1963 and was succeeded by Mr. J. Kenneth Warrington, a former manager at Nile St, Burslem and, at the time, the Managing Director of Doulton Fine China Ltd. Doulton & Co. Ltd (and its many subsidiaries) was acquired by S. Pearson & Co. Ltd in November 1971, however, Doulton & Co. Ltd continued to operate as the holding company for the Pearson Group's ceramics interests until the float of Royal Doulton plc in 1993. See also: The Doulton Family for more information on the role of Sir Henry Doulton’s descendants in the management of the business including a list of family Partnerships/Directors, and a family tree. Lambeth Doulton & Co. was first and foremost a manufacturer of industrial ceramics, including water filters, drainage pipes and sanitary fittings. In the early 1860s, however, the company began the manufacture of domestic and ornamental salt glazed stoneware that became known as 'Doulton Ware'. The nearby Lambeth School of Art became associated with the Doulton business from about the same time and Henry Doulton joined the Board of the School in 1863. Doulton & Co.'s decorative stoneware produced in association with the School of Art had enormous success at International Exhibitions in the 1860s and 1870s, culminating in acclaim at the Philadelphia Exhibition in 1886 (and also at Chicago in1893). Public interest, and production, peaked in the late 1890s when about 370 artists were employed at Lambeth making the salt-glazed ornamental stoneware. With the death of Queen Victoria in 1901 and changing social tastes, the demand for the intricately ornamented stoneware declined so that by 1914 less than 100 artists were still employed. Following the end of the First World War, Lambeth produced stoneware reflecting more contemporary tastes, but by 1920 artist numbers had declined to only 30 – although small quantities continued to be made up to, and throughout (for export only), the Second World War. Production continued on a small scale from the end of the war, and in 1952 the artist and potter Agnete Hoy joined Doulton, designing both individual pieces and limited edition works. She combined her unique style with the traditional Lambeth decorating techniques for a last flowering of the Lambeth stoneware tradition. Hoy’s design studio and the Lambeth works closed in 1956. Lambeth remained the headquarters of Doulton & Co. Ltd until 1971 and the buildings were demolished in1976. The Lambeth stoneware is exceptionally diverse and highly collectible and there are many specialist texts devoted to the story of Lambeth and its potter-artists. In 1974, Doulton introduced 'Lambeth Stoneware' as a casual tableware brand in an oven and freezer proof stoneware body. Doulton & Co. Burslem In 1877 or 1878, Henry and James Doulton purchased an interest in Pinder, Bourne & Co., manufacturers of domestic earthenware, sanitary fittings and electrical insulators at Nile St, Burslem. Doulton had bought sanitary ware from the Burslem firm and the investment, of £12,000, followed an approach from Shadford Pinder, the principle of the business. Speculatively, Pinder was probably concerned to improve the quality of his domestic earthenware, while the business’ sanitary and industrial ware would have been of interest to the Doultons. The investment established Henry Doulton as an earthenware manufacturer in the North Staffordshire potteries. Shadforth Pinder continued as the principal of the business, however, the partnership was not a success and in 1882 Pinder accepted a settlement and retired. The business was then reconstituted under the name Doulton & Co., Burslem with Henry and James Doulton as the joint owners (Henry Lewis Doulton was to join his father and uncle as a partner in 1884). Although Pinder had departed he left able employees. Henry Doulton confirmed the appointment of John Slater as the art director, and made John Cuthbert Bailey the manager of the Nile St factory. Bailey, only 23 at the time, was an inspired appointment and was to work for the company for the whole of his long working life. Under the management of Bailey and Slater, the Nile St factory grew to match and even exceed the achievements of Lambeth. Bone china manufacture was commenced in 1884 and under the direction of Slater a team of talented artists was was to produce the Doulton Burslem vases and ornamental porcelains that rival the products of Worcester, Minton and Derby. Charles J. Noke, trained at Worcester under the artist Charles Binns, was employed as a modeller and decorator at Burslem in 1889, eventually to succeed John Slater as art director in 1914. Expansion of the Nile St factory commenced in 1884-85 with the building of a bone china factory, in 1887 an adjoining works in Sylvester St was acquired, and in 1889 and 1907 the works were further expanded to cope with demand. Whieldon Sanitary Potteries Ltd, formerly F. Winkle & Co. Ltd, was acquired in 1937 allowing sanitary and industrial ceramic manufacture to be transferred from Nile St allowing the expansion of fine earthenware and bone china production. Nile St continued in full production (for export) throughout the Second World War, and further expansion of the factory took place following the end of the war. In 1956, the Doulton & Co. Burslem operations became the core of the new company Doulton Fine China Ltd. See also:The Doulton Family for more information on the role of Sir Henry Doulton’s descendants in the management of the business including a list of family Partnerships/Directors, and a family tree. Doulton Fine China Ltd (1956–1973) In January 1956 Doulton reorganised its operations into four subsidiaries, manufacturing sanitary ware, industrial porcelain (electrical insulators, laboratory porcelain etc), drainage pipes, and earthenware and fine china. The latter, the non-industrial ceramics business, became the responsibility of a new subsidiary company 'Doulton Fine China Ltd' registered in October 1955. The main products of the company were tableware, figurines and character jugs marketed under the Royal Doulton name. Doulton was at the forefront of the consolidation of the UK ceramics industry during the 1960s taking over the businesses of Mintons Ltd and Dunn Bennett & Co. Ltd in 1968, and Webb Corbett Ltd (glass) and John Beswick Ltd in 1969. In November 1971 S. Pearson & Son Ltd, a member of the Pearson Group, and already owner of Allied English Potteries Ltd, acquired Doulton & Co. Ltd, merging the two groups under the Doulton name. Allied English Potteries Ltd was renamed Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd and became a subsidiary of Doulton & Co. Ltd responsible for the tableware and giftware businesses of both groups. Doulton & Co. Ltd continued to operate as the holding company for Pearson's ceramics interests until the float of Royal Doulton plc in 1993. Following the merger with Allied English Potteries Ltd in November 1971 the Doulton Fine China Ltd business became part of Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd. Use of the Doulton Fine China Ltd name continued, however, until circa 1973. Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd (1973–1993) S. Pearson & Son Ltd, a subsidiary of the Pearson industrial conglomerate led by Lord Cowdray, acquired Doulton & Co. Ltd (Royal Doulton) in November 1971. Pearson was already the owner of Allied English Potteries Ltd and the two groups merged their operations from July 1972. A note in Tableware International in August 1972 (Vol 2, page 66) states that: ‘Allied English Potteries will become a subsidiary of Doulton and its name will be changed to Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd’. From January 1973 Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd became custodian of the tableware and giftware assets of the two groups including the Royal Doulton, Minton, Beswick, Dunn Bennett, Booths, Colclough, Royal Albert, Royal Crown Derby, Paragon, Ridgway, Queen Anne, Royal Adderley and Royal Adderley Floral names, and their vast manufacturing operations. The company also held the 50 Lawleys china and glass retail stores inherited from Allied English Potteries. Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd was a subsidiary of Doulton & Co. Ltd, itself a subsidiary of the Pearson Group. The name was in use until at least 1983 and probably until the float of Royal Doulton plc in 1993. See the entries for the individual companies for further details. Royal Doulton plc (1993-2005) The tableware manufacturing interests of Pearson plc (S. Pearson & Son Ltd pre-1984) trading under the Royal Doulton name were floated on the London Stock Exchange in December 1993 as part of a rationalisation of the Pearson Group's industrial interests. The new, independent company was named ‘Royal Doulton plc’. The new public company, Royal Doulton plc acquired Holland Studio Craft, a maker of resin sculptures, and art glass maker Caithness Glass in 1996. However, despite these acquisitions, Royal Doulton made substantial losses in 1997, 1998 and 1999leading to the sale of Royal Crown Derby Ltd to a management-led group in early 2000, and the sale of Caithness Glass to Royal Worcester Spode Ltd in 2001. Despite substantial rationalization, losses continued and in March 2002 Doulton announced the closure of its historic Baddeley Green factory and the transfer of production of ‘Royal Albert’ to Indonesia. The closure of the Beswick Gold St Works in Longton was announced in September 2002 and both the Baddeley Green and Gold St factories ceased production in December 2002. In March 2004 the company announced that its only remaining UK factory, the famous Nile St premises in Burslem, would also close. Waterford Wedgwood who had purchased 15% of Doulton's shares in 1999 increased its stake to 21% in 2002 and completed a £39.9 million takeover of Royal Doulton plc in February 2005. On the 15th April 2005 production at the historic Nile Street site ceased and production of the Royal Doulton, Minton and Royal Albert brands was transferred to factories of the Waterford Wedgwood group.ROYAL DOULTON
ROYAL DOULTON TRACES ITS ANCESTRY BACK TO THE JONES, WATTS & DOULTON POTTERY IN LAMBETH IN 1815. BY 1826 THE COMPANY WAS TRADING AS DOULTON & WATTS, AND IN 1853 BECAME DOULTON & CO. THE TURN OF THE CENTURY SAW THE GRANTING OF THE ROYAL WARRANT AND PERMISSION TO USE THE EPITHET 'ROYAL.' THE HISTORY OF DOULTON LAMBETH CEASED IN 1956 WITH THE CLOSURE OF THE FACTORY AND STUDIOS. BY THAT TIME MOST OF THE PRODUCTION HAD BEEN TRANSFERRED TO MORE MODERN WORKS.
THERE FOLLOWS A SELECTION OF THE BACKSTAMPS MOST COMMONLY USED ON DOULTON LAMBETH WARES, AND SOME FURTHER BRIEF HINTS ON DATING. THE INFORMATION IS TAKEN FROM "THE DOULTON LAMBETH WARES" BY DESMOND EYLES. THIS COMPREHENSIVE WORK CONTAINS A GREAT DEAL OF VALUABLE MATERIAL BESIDES, INCLUDING MONOGRAMS AND BIOGRAPHICAL DETAILS OF INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS AND ASSISTANTS (SEE MOULDED OR INCISED MARKS ON STONEWARE AND TERRACOTTA PRODUCTS, C. 1827-1858. NOTES: (I) NO MARKS HAVE BEEN TRACED FOR THE VAUXHALL WALK PERIOD 1815- 1826. (II) NO. 15 HIGH STREET, LAMBETH, WAS RENUMBERED 28 IN 1838. (III) JOHN WATTS RETIRED IN 1853 AND THE NAME OF THE FIRM BECAME DOULTON & CO. THE NAME DOULTON & WATTS MAY, HOWEVER HAVE BEEN CONTINUED IN TRADE-MARKS FOR SOME TIME. 4. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARKS ON PLAIN BROWN- AND CREAM-GLAZED STONEWARE C. 1858-C. 1910. ALSO FOUND IMPRESSED ON SOME OF THE EARLIEST DOULTON WARE WITH SIMPLE INCISED DECORATION 1866-1869. AFTER THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED.5. THERE ARE SEVERAL MINOR VARIATIONS OF THIS IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK, USED ON PLAIN BROWN-AND CREAM-GLAZED STONEWARE C. 1891-1956. IT IS ALSO FOUND VERY OCCASIONALLY ON DOULTON WARE AND LAMBETH FAÏENCE. 6.GEORGE TINWORTH, WHO ALWAYS REGARDED HENRY DOULTON AS HIS PATRON USED THESE NAMES, ROUGHLY INCISED, ON MANY OF HIS PANELS AND PLAQUES. (THE OLD FIRM KNOWN AS HENRY DOULTON & CO. HAD IN FACT MADE DRAINPIPES AND HAD CEASED TO EXIST LONG BEFORE TINWORTH CAME TO LAMBETH). 7.IMPRESSED MARK ON EARLY DOULTON WARE C. 1869-1872. 8.IMPRESSED MARK ON DOULTON WARE. THE DATE WAS ADDED BETWEEN 1872 AND 1877 AND OCCASIONALLY BETWEEN 1877 AND 1887. A CIRCULAR PRINTED VARIATION OF THIS MARK IS ALSO FOUND. 9. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON LAMBETH FAIENCE C.1873-C. 1914. AFTER 1891 THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED. A DATE WAS SOMETIMES INSERTED IN THE CENTRE OF THE MARK. THIS MARK IS FOUND ALSO ON DOULTON WARE. 10. IMPRESSED MARK ON DOULTON WARE C. 18761880. A DATE IS USUALLY FOUND IMPRESSED NEARBY. OCCASIONALLY FOUND ON LAMBETH FAIENCE.11. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON LAMBETH FAIENCE C. 1873-C. 1914. AFTER 1891 THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED. SOMETIMES BOTH NO. 9 AND NO. 11 APPEAR ON THE SAME POT.12. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON DOULTON WARE C. 1880 TO 1902. AFTER 1891 THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED. THE YEAR OF PRODUCTION ALSO OCCURS OCCASIONALLY. THIS MARK IS SOMETIMES FOUND ON LAMBETH FAIENCE ALONG WITH NO. 11. 13.IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON ASHTRAYS AND OTHER SMALL ITEMS OF DOULTON WARE. OCCASIONALLY FOUND ALSO ON LARGER POTS; C. 1891-1956.14. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON IMPASTO WARE 1879 - C.1914. AFTER 1891 THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED. 15.IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON CROWN LAMBETH WARE 1891-C. 1903. (MARK NO. 12 WITH THE WORD 'CROWN' ABOVE IT IS ALSO FOUND, ESPECIALLY BEFORE 1894). 16.SEVERAL VARIANTS OF THIS MARK, USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH DOULTON WARE OR LAMBETH FAÏENCE MARKS ARE FOUND ON CHINÉ AND CHINÉ-GILT WARES 1885-1930.17. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARKS ON MARQUETERIE WARE 1887-C. 1906. AFTER 1891 THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED. 18.IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON CARRARA WARE 1891-1924. BETWEEN 1887 AND 1891 MARK NO. 12 IS FOUND ON CARRARA WARE. 19.IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON SILICON STONEWARE C. 1880-1932. THE WORD 'ENGLAND' WAS ADDED AFTER 1891. MARK NO. 12 IS ALSO FOUND ON SOME EARLY SILICON WARE.20. THIS MARK, IN CONJUNCTION WITH NO. 12 OR NO. 21, IS FOUND ON SOME POTS MADE IN THE EARLY 1900S, WITH A METALLIC COATING OBTAINED BY THE ELECTRO-DEPOSITION OF SILVER AND COPPER. 21.THIS NEW MARK, AVAILABLE FOR USE ON ALL THE DECORATED DOULTON LAMBETH AND BURSLEM WARES, WAS INTRODUCED IN 1902 AFTER THE COMPANY HAD BEEN GIVEN THE RIGHT, THE PREVIOUS YEAR, TO USE THE DESCRIPTION 'ROYAL DOULTON' FOR ITS PRODUCTS. (SOME OF THE MARKS FOR SPECIFIC WARES WERE CONTINUED IN USE WITH OR WITHOUT NO. 21). THE LOWER PORTION (WITHOUT THE LION AND CROWN) WAS USED ON SMALLER POTS FROM 1902 TO 1956. 22.IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON DOULTON WARE 1922-1956.23. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON SLIP-CAST DOULTON WARE SUCH AS FIGURES AND NONCIRCULAR POTS C. 1912-1956. 24.PRINTED MARK ON HARD-PASTE PORCELAIN FIGURES C. 1918-1933 25.THIS MONOGRAM IS ALSO FOUND ON SOME HARD-PASTE PORCELAIN C. 1918-1933. IT IS MADE UP OF A COMBINED M AND T, DENOTING NOT THE DESIGNER BUT J. H. MOTT, ART DIRECTOR, AND W. THOMASON, CHIEF CHEMIST, WHO DEVELOPED THE NEW PORCELAIN BODY.26. IMPRESSED OR PRINTED MARK ON 'PERSIAN WARE' C. 1920-1936. 27.THIS MARK IS FOUND ON A RANGE OF PIGMENT DECORATED POTS INTRODUCED IN THE MID 1920S. IT HAS ALSO BEEN FOUND ON SOME LARGE WALL-PLAQUES. IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BY 1939.
FURTHER AIDS TO DATING
THE APPROXIMATE DATE OF INTRODUCTION OF SUCH PATTERNS MAY BE ESTIMATED FROM THE FOLLOWING TABLE. IT MUST BE BORNE IN MIND THAT SOME PATTERNS, IF THEY PROVED POPULAR, WERE CONTINUED FOR SEVERAL YEARS AFTER THEIR FIRST INTRODUCTION. THE TRADE-MARK WILL ALSO HELP TO DETERMINE THE APPROXIMATE DATE OF WILL BE NOTED THAT AFTER SIR HENRY DOULTON'S DEATH IN 1897 THE AVERAGE NUMBER OF NEW INTRODUCTIONS A YEAR DWINDLED CONSIDERABLY.BETWEEN 1902 AND 1925 IMPRESSED LOWER-CASE DATE-LETTERS ARE FOUND ON SOME POTS. THESE LETTERS RUN IN CONSECUTIVE ORDER FROM C IN 1902 TO Z IN 1925. THEY USUALLY BUT NOT ALWAYS APPEAR INSIDE A SHIELD.ON SLIP-CAST WARES THE MONTH AND YEAR OF MANUFACTURE WERE SOMETIMES INDICATED BY IMPRESSED FIGURES, E.G. 10.21 FOR OCTOBER 1921.
REGISTRATION MARKS AND NUMBERS
ON DESIGNS REGISTERED AT THE PATENT OFFICE BETWEEN 1842 AND1883 A DIAMOND SHAPED MARK WILL USUALLY BE FOUND IN ADDITION TO THE NORMAL TRADE-MARK. TWO DIFFERENT PATTERNS OF DIAMONDS WERE USED BUT SO FAR AS THE DOULTON LAMBETH WARES ARE CONCERNED ONE NEED ONLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM HERE IS THE LETTER ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE DIAMOND (C IN THE ABOVE ILLUSTRATION) WHICH INDICATES THE YEAR OF REGISTRATION (1870).THE FOLLOWING IS THE KEY TO THESE LETTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE DIAMOND INDICATES THE MONTH OF REGISTRATION AS FOLLOWS: A: DECEMBER; B: OCTOBER; C OR O: JANUARY; D: SEPTEMBER; E: MAY; C: FEBRUARY; H: APRIL; I: JULY; K: NOVEMBER; M: JUNE; R: AUGUST; W: MARCH.FROM 1884 ONWARDS REGISTRATION NUMBERS WERE USED INSTEAD OF THE DIAMOND SHAPED MARK. THE FOLLOWING TABLE SHOWS THE FIRST NUMBER ISSUED EACH YEAR UP TO 1909. THE NUMBERS F FROM 1903 TO 1909 ARE APPROXIMATE. A SLIGHT OVERLAP MAY OCCUR BETWEEN THE END OF ONE YEAR AND THE BEGINNING OF ANOTHER.
167 PICADILLY, LONDON, W1 V 9DE TELEPHONE (071) 491 2717
A VARIED PROGRAMME OF EXHIBITIONS OF INTEREST TO THE ROYAL DOULTON ENTHUSIAST.
ARTISTRY IN ACTION
TAKE A TRIP AROUND THE ROYAL DOULTON POTTERY IN BURSLEM AND SEE ARTISTRY IN ACTION. DURING MORE THAN A CENTURY AND A HALF ROYAL DOULTON HAVE GAINED A UNIQUE REPUTATION FOR CERAMIC WORK OF ART. EACH NEW GENERATION OF POTTERS AND CERAMIC ARTISTS STRIVES TO IMPROVE ON ITS PREDECESSORS' WORK. OUR WORLD FAMOUS FIGURES, ORNAMENTS AND FINE CHINA TAKE SHAPE BEFORE YOUR EYES AS YOU ARE GUIDED THROUGH EVERY FACET OF OUR CENTURIES OLD CREATIVE ART.WRITE OR TELEPHONE FOR FULL DETAILS:
MRS SANDRA BADDELEY TOURS ORGANISER DOULTON FINE CHINA NILE STREET, BURSELM STOKE-ON-TRENT ST6 2AJ TELEPHONE: (0782) 575454
THE SIR HENRY DOULTON GALLERY
THIS UNIQUE GALLERY, AT THE DOULTON FINE CHINA NILE STREET POTTERY, BURSLEM, TRACES THE STORY OF DOULTON FROM ITS FOUNDATION IN 1815 AND INCLUDES THE WORLD FAMOUS COLLECTION OF SEVERAL HUNDRED RARE FIGURES. THE GALLERY IS NAMED AFTER SIR HENRY DOULTON, SON OF THE FOUNDER OF THE COMPANY, WHO WAS THE FIRST POTTER EVER TO BE KNIGHTED FOR SERVICES TO CERAMIC ART.OPEN WEEKDAYS, 9.00-4.15. CLOSED FACTORY HOLIDAYS. (NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY) TELEPHONE (0782) 575454A BODY OF COLLECTORS HAS GROWN UP INTERESTED IN ALL BRANCHES OF DOULTON'S VARIED OUTPUT AND TODAY AN INTERNATIONAL COLLECTORS CLUB EXISTS TO CATER FOR THIS INTEREST- FULL DETAILS CAN BE FOUND BELOW.
UNITED STATES...Expedited 3 to 5 Days$FREE
Thank you for looking.
World Clock PayPal
On Jul-19-13 at 09:04:52 PDT, seller added the following information:
FREE! Sellers: Add a FREE map to your listings. FREE!
On Jul-20-13 at 00:26:36 PDT, seller added the following information:
Every buyer gets a MyStoreRewards invitation for cash back
This item has been shown 0 times.
Rare Royal Doulton Kingsware Daniel Mendoza Jewish Boxer Whisky Water Jug 1925 *: $1