Rare Toshihide Migita Ukiyo-e Woodblock Print Triptych "women's Rituals" 1890 For Sale
RARE Toshihide Migita Ukiyo-E Woodblock Print Triptych "Pictures of Women's Rituals" 1890
Fresh Estate Find, this triptych print set was done by renowned Ukiyo-e artist, Toshihide Migita (1863-1925). It comes each individually lightly taped onto the original sheet it was sold on. At the bottom left is the notation "Toshihide 1890." This is a very rare work, only two sets have ever been seen online - one set not for sale!
We have five of these incredible early works listed, a Triptychby Toshihide Migita 1890, and an Important Very Early Hotei Figure!
- About Toshihide (Wikipedia):"Toshihide Migita(右田年英Migita Toshihide, 1862 - 1925), also known asOju aJapaneseartist, creating work in traditionalukiyo-eprints and painting in the Western syle. Migata was apprenticed toTsukioka Yoshitoshi. He also studied withKinisawa Shimburō(1847–1877), who was an artist who had trained in Britain. Starting in 1877, his work was published in newspapers and magazines. His portraits of Kabuki actors were well known. His war prints(戦争絵sensō-e), intriptychformat are considered to be important historical documents. This work documents Japan's participation in theFirst Sino-Japanese Warand theRusso-Japanese War."
- Each Panel 9 1/3" x 14" inches
- Total Triptych 28" x 14" inches
- We offer local pickup and combined shipping
- International buyers must contact us for exact shipping costs
- Be sure to view our other sales this week, including many other prints!
This item has been shown times.