Rbt Stereo Realist 3-d Plastic Mounts & Other Sizes - For 3d Slide Mounting For SaleFor Accurate & Fast Stereo Slide Mounting RBT Stereo Slide Mounts
Box of 50 mounts, REALIST FORMAT as seen here:
(I can substitute Realist format for any other size, if you let me know with your order)
- They are a snap to use:
Separate the two halves.
Put a pair of pin bars (while little things) in place (usually for me this is the upper channel, same orientation).
Put the film chips in place.
Adjust the stereo window by sliding the chips horizontally while freeviewing the stereo pair. For a beginner, just center the film chips in the mount aperture openings.
Snap the two halves together - Done!
Finishing touches include writing with marker the title and other info in the front and putting a sticker with my name and address in the back.
- Adjustment of the stereo window is very easy since the film chips slide parallel, being supported by the pin bars.
- Vertical adjustment is precise, done in steps of 0.1mm (changing the orientation of the pin bars changes the vertical difference - details are in the enclosed instructions).
- No rotational errors! The system of pin bars assures that there is no possibility of rotational error when you do the vertical and horizontal adjustments. For me, this is the biggest advantage of these mounts, and that's the reason I recommend them to beginners.
- Their extra thickness and stiffness is a plus in stereo projection.
- Being made of plastic means that they do not have cardboard dust like some cardboard mounts, they do not have oils and will not scratch the film (like some metal mounts), and are reasonably maintenance-free (just store in a dark, dust-free place).
- They come in a large variety of aperture openings (plus a unique system for vertical cropping to either 20 or 15mm). A cropping system is also available,
- They are easy to label by writing on the light side with a marker. You can also easily reuse them: Open the mount, remove the film chips, done! I use rubbing alcohol to remove previous labels.
Note: The following sizes are available.
If you do not specify a size, I will mail
standard Realist 5p mounts
4p (Nimslo format, 16x21mm)
5p (Realist format, 21x23mm)
Realist close up (19.5 x 23mm) - not shown here ->
7p (European format, 28x23mm)
7+ (30x23mm) - not shown here ->
Also, this picture here shows all the available combinations
of the pin bars in the top or bottom channels of the mount.
I am a big proponent of these slide mounts and I recommend them for beginners or anyone who wants to project their stereo slides. The biggest advantage is that they eliminate rotational mounting errors (one film chip is rotated with respect to the other, a major problem in stereo projection).
Now, I use RBT mounts for my best slides and the ones I project. That's because I shoot a few thousand stereo slides a year. If I used RBT mounts for all of them, I would be in the poorhouse by now! But I know of many beginners or less prolific stereo shooters who use RBT mounts for all their slides, taking advantage of the convenience and precision of these mounts. The RBT mounts have become very popular with time. Quite a few of our stereo club members now use these.
If you are a beginner, I recommend trying these mounts. Also, do not forget the archival stereo slide storage pages and the slide storage boxes!
The final product looks like this:
Shipping weight is 1 lbs
Note: If buying more than one boxes and shipping appears to be excessively high, please wait for my invoice!
Use calculator for exact shipping costs
I welcome offers outside of the USA! - Half of my items leave the USA
Please see my other sales for similar items:
The fine print:
- Please use ' s checkout and go ahead with an electronic payment after the sale is over (please make one payment for combined purchases) or wait for me to send you an invoice using ' s check out system.
- I use the US Postal Service, I will ship anywhere in the world and I try to get you the lowest shipping rates. I will combine shipments too. For international customers, I am flexible in custom form declarations.
- I always leave positive response after payment, and usually without waiting for yours first, but sometimes I am late... If you have a problem with your purchase, please let me know as soon as possible (remember, I sell a lot of items on commission and I need to close these accounts). Contact me before leaving non-positive response. I will do my best to resolve any problems.I accept returns for most of the items that I sell, but I can only refund the selling price, not shipping.
- I appreciate your business and hope to see you back!
** DrT knows 3D **
I have been taking stereo pictures since 1988 and into the business since 1994 and I have plenty of satisfied customers. I specialize in stereo education through books, lectures, videos, CDs, Stereo Realist camera repair, stereo viewer repair, stereo photography supplies, and commission sales of photographic items.
Meet DrT in person in one of these stereoscopic gatherings
Any stereo club meeting in Cleveland OH (first Tuesday of each month Sep-Jun. Contact me for details)
Most National Stereoscopic Association (NSA) Conventions
Any 3D Stereoscopic Weekend in Cleveland OH (first weekend in May)
Thank you for looking!
This item has been shown 0 times.