Rolex Vintage Day Date President 1803 Sea Foam Green Enamel Stella Dial For Sale
ROLEX VINTAGE DAY DATE PRESIDENT 1803 SEA FOAM GREEN ENAMEL STELLA DIAL
The Day Date is Rolex's top of the line watch. Displaying the day of the week below 12 o'clock and the date at 3 o'clock, this model also became known as the President not only because its bracelet was named the President bracelet, but also because the watch was worn by numerous American Presidents.
Produced only in 18k gold and in platinum, the Day Date over the years has had some very interesting dials. Our favorite dial is the so called Stella dial, which is hard enamel, and usually a vivid color. Stella dials are extremely rare, and are particularly sought after and collected by watch dealers. No two dials are the same as the enamel paint is mixed by hand for each dial. Rolex made Stella dials for the Middle East market. Ironically, the Rolex dealers could not sell the watches with Stella dials and would actually replace the enamel dials with mundane dials. In fact, the majority of Stella dials were destroyed years ago by Rolex as being commercially unviable. Italian collectors, known for their keen eye for style, are nuts about Stella dials. We are pleased to present this watch with sea foam green original Stella dial.
Original 18k gold case features plastic crystal, solid gold fluted bezel, original screw down crown operating perfectly and massive 18k Oyster screw back. Case is in mint condition and measures 35.5mm diameter by 13.3mm.
Of course the highlight of this watch is the original untouched sea foam green Stella dial. Dial has pie-pan edge typical of 1803 dials, with applied golden hour markers and golden baton hand. Dial is in mint condition with crazing.
Original automatic winding Rolex Caliber 1556 with 26 jewels and adjusted to five positions and to temperature. Movement is a C.O.S.C. Certified Chronometer and is clean and running.
Watch is new brown suede strap with gold plated Rolex buckle.
This rare, important and beautiful wristwatch is in mint+ all-original condition.
If you have any questions about this watch, please call us at 1.818.707.7007 or click here.
Watch Specifics: Manufacturer Rolex Model Name
Day Date PresidentModel / Ref # 1803 Condition Mint+ Gender Mens Category Vintage Movement Automatic Case 18k yellow gold Case Dimensions 35.5mm wide by 13.3mm thick Crystal Acrylic Band Brown suede strap with gold plated Rolex buckle Dial Original sea foam green Stella dial Bezel Fluted Functions Day, date Additional Information
Current Retail Price
Starting offer Price USD $42,000.00 -- BUY IT NOW !!
OR MAKE US AN OFFER !!
ABOUT THE SELLER
Robert Maron is internationally recognized as a leading expert in the field of High Grade, Important Vintage and Collectible wristwatches. With years of experience as a worldwide watch trader, professional, financial and personal references can be provided from almost anywhere in the world. Complete collections bought and sold, discretion assured. Member IWJG and NAWCC. Lifetime warranty of 100% originality and authenticity on every sale.
Call 1.818.707.7007 for questions or click here. SHIPPING & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Buyer pays for shipping
- $50 domestic shipping by expedited FedEx Priority Overnight delivery with insurance and estimated $150 for international shipment by expedited FedEx Priority with insurance (exact amount depends on value of watch)
- Winning buyer needs to contact us within 48 hours of notification
- Payment must be received within 5 days of sale end
- Wires are our preferred payment method. Paypal gladly accepted for purchases up to $3,000.00. Contact us for further details
- California residents: we will add 9% sales tax. Other locations - you are responsible for your own duties and/or taxes.
- Returns accepted within 3 days if item is not as represented; buyer has to pay for return shipping costs and insurance. Item must be returned in same condition as received, including all material such as shipping box and manual
- We will refund your money within 24 hours after we receive the watch (subject to the watch being in the identical condition when sold, including all enclosures)
This item has been shown 0 times.