Royal Doulton Wind In The Willows Preparations For The Boating Season Plate
This item has been shown 0 times.
Royal Doulton Wind In The Willows Preparations For The Boating Season Plate:
ROYAL DOULTON WIND IN THE WILLOWS PREPARATIONS FOR THE BOATING SEASON PLATE
Offered here is a lovely Bone China 8" Plate entitled ‘Preparations for the Boating Season’ which is the second plate from a series of four collectable Royal Doulton Wind in the Willows plates decorated with illustrations from original Wind in the Willows works by Christina Thwaites.
- In superb (as new & seemingly unused) condition without chips, cracks, crazing or restoration and with true colours and a fine glaze.
- Made in England.
- A first quality piece.
- The enchanting Wind in the Willows was written by Kenneth Grahame and was first published in 1908. Numerous adaptations in cinema, theatre, television and radio have made it hugely popular with young and old alike. The plates are beautifully finished with indented embossed scroll type rims and all are decorated with illustrations from the story. This plate, the second in the series is decorated with Ratty and Mole, two of the main characters in the story, busily making preparations for the opening of the boating season.
- Measuring approximately 8" in diameter.
- Bearing a ‘Royal Doulton Made in England’ lion & crown backstamp plus ‘Royal Doulton, The Wind in the Willows, Preparations For The Boating Season, One in a Series of Four Collector Plates from Original Works by Christina Thwaites (with her facsimile signature). © Royal Doulton Tableware Limited 1984’ backstamp.
I have the other three plates in this set listed separately and I do offer combined postage.
‘The Mole and the Water Rat had been up since dawn very busy on matters connected with boats and the opening of the boating season; painting and varnishing, mending paddles, repairing cushions, hunting for middi8ng boat-hooks, and so on……’
* * *Please note that I usually offer items that are used and sometimes vintage or antique. I do my best to describe any damage (chips/cracks etc) but each and every piece will reflect its age in some way.Such items are rarely found in a new and totally unused condition. Thank you for taking the time to look at this item and good luck with your offerding. OVERSEAS buyers PLEASE NOTE Regrettably I can only accept PayPal payments (in GBP) from overseas buyers.Thank you.
UK BUYERS: My preferred method of payment is PayPal but personal cheques or postal orders will also be accepted. Items will be sent to the address on the invoice so please ensure that it is correct. OVERSEAS BUYERS: PayPal only in GBP only accepted. Please wait for my invoice with the overseas postage prices before making payment.
Buyer to pay all postage costs, I calculate my postage prices by charging the EXACT Royal Mail price for the packed weight of the item and I then add a small amount for the substantial and high quality packaging materials which are necessary to protect the integrity of the fragile items I sell. Insurance up to a value of £20.00 is included in the standard postage rates. Postage discounts will be given for multiple purchases selling within three days of each other but please note that packages with a content value of over £40 will require enhanced insurance, the cost of which will depend on the value of the item/s. Prompt payment items will be despatched within one working day of payment receipt. Late payments will have to be fitted in where possible as prompt payments have to take priority and I can only cope with a certain amount of packing in one day. Breakable items are always packed in a strong cardboard box with plenty of bubblewrap and other packaging. The package is secured with strong brown sticky tape and clearly marked FRAGILE on all sides.100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. I am not an expert on the items I sell. is my hobby, although I do endeavour to be as accurate as possible in my descriptions. The photographs and description should be studied thoroughly. If dissatisfied with your purchase, please notify me within 24 hours of receipt after which the item must be returned in its original packaging and by the original postal method within seven days of receipt when a full refund (including the two way postage in the case of an inaccurate description only) will be given by the respective payment method. Payment must be received within three days of the sale end (unless alternaive arrangements are made) to prevent items being offered to the second highest buyer, or to prevent them being relisted. Postage costs are the responsibility of the buyer and are not refundable except in the case of dissatisfaction resulting from an inaccurate description. Insurance up to a value of £20 is included in the standard postage rates. Please note that in the event of loss (which is extremely rare), the postage charges are not refundable as the insurance does not cover those. I take great care with packing but I take no responsibility for loss or breakages within the postal system. A certificate of posting is always obtained and in the case of loss I will claim compensation on the buyer's behalf and make the appropriate refund by way of the original payment method.