Raleigh Royale 10 - Vintage Mixte Road Bike 531, Velo Orange, Brooks Option
This item has been shown times.
Raleigh Royale 10 - Vintage Mixte Road Bike 531, Velo Orange, Brooks Option:
Raleigh Royale 10 speed vintage mixte bicycle (1982-83)Reynolds 531, many new parts including Velo Orange - Brooks saddle optionPLEASE NOTE: The Brooks leather saddle pictured in the main image is not included in the sale, but I can supply it as an option for an additional cost. It's a brand new women's Brooks Team Pro S in honey with copper rails. You will have the option to buy this for an additional cost of £96 (a 20% reduction on Brooks' RRP of £120). If you don't want to pay the extra for the Brooks saddle, the bike will come fitted with the white faux leather sprung saddle, at no additional cost.A classic lightweight Raleigh tourer / road bike made with Reynolds 531 steel tubing that gives a wonderful ride quality.This is a beautiful bike that I have spent a considerable amount of time and money on. I originally bought it second-hand for my wife and then went on and replaced and upgraded many parts. Unfortunately she (at 5'7" tall) has found the frame just a bit to large, so reluctantly we're selling it on. Size wise I think this 57cm/22½" framed cycle would suit someone at least 5'8" or taller (see below for more detailed measurements).I've spent over £200 on new parts for this bike, including new Velo Orange handlebars and cork grips, new Continental tyres, inner tubes, pedals, seat post, brake pads and cables, gear levers and cables, rear cassette and chain and a Problem Solvers cable clamp.The bike is in great condition for its age. The frame and forks show some scratches and chips as would be expected on a 30 year old machine. There is some pitting and small signs of rust on the chrome parts. The original alloy components (brake calipers, chainset, rear derailleur etc) are top quality and in very good condition. The condition of the wheels is the one thing that lets the bike down slightly. They seem to be the original alloy Rigida rims and Normandy large-flange hubs. They ride fine, but there is some play in the rear hub and the finish is not great. A new or reconditioned wheelset would really finish this bike off nicely. Equally, it would make the ideal bike for a fixed wheel conversion.The bike has mudguard and pannier eyelets front and rear which makes for a versatile machine for commuting or touring duties.As I've mentioned there are many new parts which are still virtually brand new, the bike having only been ridden a few times, in the dry, since it was built up.Here's a full list of specifications for you:
- Colour: Raleigh called it caramel. It's a lovely metallic finish, and rather hard to describe - somewhere between peach or salmon pink?
- Speeds: 10
- Frame Size: 57cm / 22½" (measured from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube)
- Distance from top centre of seat post to top centre of head tube is 55cm / 21½"
- Frame & forks: Main frame and fork are of Reynolds 531 tubing, lateral tubes and stays are of Raleigh high-tensile steel with SunTour forged ends
- Stem: Alloy quill stem (brand new - cost £20 from Tokyo Fixed)
- Handlebars: Velo Orange Milan bars (brand new - cost £17.50)
- Grips: Velo Orange cork grips (brand new - cost £10.50)
- Saddle: White faux leather sprung (or new Brooks Team Pro S in honey with copper rails for an extra £96)
- Seatpost: Alloy Push (brand new - cost (with new seatpost clamp bolt) £22)
- Brakes: Weinmann alloy centre pull (with brand new brake pads - cost £8)
- Brake Levers: Shimano XT (these are top quality levers. Used, but originally cost £50)
- Crankset: Original Sakae Ringyo custom alloy with five-pin detachable chain rings - 52 / 42 teeth - made in Japan
- Pedals: Alloy with non-slip rubber inserts (brand new - cost £15)
- Wheels: Original Rigida 27 x 1 1/4 rims with Normandy quick release hubs (front quick release mechanism has been replaced with a Shimano XT)
- Tires: Continental Duraskin Ultra Gatorskin 27 x 1 1/4 (brand new - cost (with new tubes) £50)
- Shifters: Sunrace bar-mounted thumb shifters (brand new - cost £10)
- Rear Derailleur: Original Raleigh-badged alloy Suntour
- Front Derailleur: Original Suntour
- Cassette: 5-speed (brand new - cost £12)
- Chain: Sram PC870 (brand new - cost £14)
If you have any questions, just let me know.Viewings welcome. I'm located in Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3RX - just 5 minutes from junction 23 on the M1. Please email me to arrange a time (I work from home so am flexible with times).Would prefer buyer to collect in person, but can send by courier (carefully packaged in bike box, with minimal assembly required).Delivery by courier to most UK destinations will be £25I will consider sending internationally, but please contact me before offerding so I can get a quote on delivery and insurance.Payment by PayPal (or cash if collecting in person) preferred.Will also accept UK cheque or postal order (will wait until funds have cleared before despatching).
Thanks for viewing - good luck if you decide to offer!