December 24th, 2014 Last day of Chanukah December 24th, 2014 Christmas Eve December 25th, 2014 Christmas Day December 26th, 2014 Kwanzaa December 31st, 2014 New Year's Eve January 1st, 2015 New Year's Day January 3rd, 2015 Prophet's Birthday January 6th, 2015 Epiphany January 7th, 2015 Orthodox Christmas Day January 13th, 2015 Stephen Foster Memorial Day January 14th, 2015 Orthodox New Year January 16th, 2015 Lee Jackson Day January 19th, 2015 Civil Rights Day January 19th, 2015 Idaho Human Rights Day January 19th, 2015 Confederate Memorial Day January 19th, 2015 Martin Luther King Day January 19th, 2015 Robert E Lee's Birthday
Rare 1895 Baby Cast Iron Toy Miniature Sewing Machine, Excellent As Found Cond. For Sale
This rare Machineis part of a larger collection of toy and miniature sewing machines that we acquired this past summerfrom a local estatehere in Eastern Connecticut.
*This machine was Made in the USAwith a cast iron frame and nickel plated parts
* The latest patent date listed on the cloth plate is August 13, 1895
* It is picturedin Glenda Thomas's first book TOY AND MINIATURE SEWING MACHINES,page 16, Plate 7
*The sewing machine weighs only 1.5 pounds and measures 6-1/2" highand 5-1/4" wide by 2-1/8" deep
* The cloth plate measures 1-5/8" by 2"
* Incisedon the front ofthe cloth plate in large letters is: BABY
* Also on the cloth plate
FEB. 28 - 82
JUL. 3 - 83
MAR. 27 - 94
AUG. 13 - 95
* The machine uses regular Willcox & Gibbs needles, one is in the machine now
*According to Thomas, the Montgomery Ward catalogs of 1896, 1897, and 1898 featured this machinewith it's patent finger protector making it impossible to get the fingers under the needle making it safe for children's use. The ad said "A child can operate it successfully and it will do practical sewing for ladies use."
machine is in excellent, as found condition. We olny cleaned the dust off. The original black japanning is 97% complete with only a few small scrapes
* A little cleaning and this machine is ready for a prominent place in any sewing machine collection, miniature or otherwise.
* There is NO
* There is NO HANDLING CHARGE!
Connecticut residents without a valid tax ID are subject to 6.35%Sales Tax on Purchase Price
* Buyer pays postage
* This item can be picked up here in Coventry, CT at no charge.
* Orit will be shipped within 1 businessdayafter receipt of payment via USPS Priority Mail
* Where possible, we will gladly combine purchases to save on shipping costs.
* 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!We want our customers to be happy! If the item is not as described we will refund purchase price and postageif it is returned within14 days of receipt and in the same condition.
* Please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional photos.
This item has been shown 0 times.
Rare 1895 Baby Cast Iron Toy Miniature Sewing Machine, Excellent As Found Cond. : $188