Rare 1920’s Capitol Phono Lamp. Restoration Project For Sale
Rare Capitol Phono Lamp Made in the United States in the 1920s. Restoration projectThis curious article is a Capitol Phono Lamp made in the United States in the 1920s. It is a very special item that joins a lamp and a gramophone in a single object. The lamp and the reproductor is in working order but the gramophone works slowler that the speed it should. This piece keeps many original components though someone tried to repair it, but he/she used several not original pieces. I think that everything is photographed. The phonolamp is a real rarity in the field of music reproducers, perfect to become part of a complete collection of vintage gramophone and phonographs. The article boasts an attractive design and is in working order, although the motor is slightly slower than the usual. In other words: the engine works, but slowly. It doesn't reach 78 rpm. This device’s complete name is Capitol Combination Phonograph and Lamp (Phono Lamp) and it was the United States most popular phono-lamp design in the first decades of the 20th century. This model was designed and commercialized by the Burns-Pollock Electrical Mfg. Co., Indiana (EEUU) from 1919 to 1923. Six different models were produced, three Standard and three Junior. The gramophone’s motor is into de drum, under the plateau, and the sound comes out of the bottom part. The lamp is just a cap located by the turntable, equipped with a bulb and its corresponding wire, plug and switch. The top part can be lifted: it serves both as a speaker and a lamp’s shade. This classic vintage item’s design is very curious and undeniably attractive. The top shade is made of red satin, and under it the drum with the motor and the plateau is decorated with long fringes very much to the twenties style’s taste. The motor, the reproducer, the lamp and the foot are all original. The foot is a very remarkable piece: it is made of golden metal and has three realistic claw-shaped legs. In essence, this gramophone is a charming piece that will sure delight any lover of the most special antiques. This vintage gramophone with lamp is a highly interesting piece for collectors, perfect to decorate the most original home. Measurements (closed): Width: 510 mm. Height: 640 mm.
I think I left nothing in the description but if I forgot something, I'll be glad to answer any questions.
offer with confidence. We are professional antique dealers.
My name is José Pascual, and I am an antique dealer located in Zaragoza, Spain, which is a medium size city between Madrid and Barcelona. If you have any question, send me an email and I will gladly answer you. Enjoy my articles and I hope we keep in touch.
For any questions about this or any other article you can contact me through or by calling to our phone number +34 976 45 39 31. We are open from 9 am to 7 pm Madrid time.
Thanks for trusting me and enjoy !
Best wishes from Spain."
José Pascual AznarCLICK here to see my other items
BUY SAFELY WITH US
- As important is to win the sale as what happens afterwards. Our work is not complete until you receive your item safely in your home.
- We certify that our products are 100% originals. Otherwise we undertake to refund of the purchase.
- We certify that the description and dating of the article that we give is 100% accurate. Otherwise also, we pledge to refund of the purchase.
- This article will be perfectly packed so that it arrives in excellent condition. We pay full attention that you receive your article perfectly. We treat the article as if it were going to be sent to ourselves. Shipments are made with the best transport agencies worldwide, with the possibility of express delivery and insured. All shipments have tracking number via the Internet, so that at all times we know where your package is. Some articles as antique weapons, can not be sent by ordinary mail. We will contact you once the sale is ended, to specify the type of delivery.
Shipping performed in association with
WE GUARANTEE YOUR ACQUISITION
Investing in antiques is always a nice way to profitable your money. Many collectors have became millionairs. If you are starting a collection, follow these important tips:
- If you want to invest in antiques, always choose original pieces and avoid reproductions. A reproduction loses half of its value in the same minute that you are purchasing it, while an original antique gains value each passing day. This is an original antique and its value will continue growing tomorrow.
- Read and learn about for area of interest: swords, clocks, phonographs, antique photos, old silver, technical antiques, typewriters... Invest in books as much as in your collection and learn as much as you can. If you keep your collecction catalogued, you will increase its value.
- Keep yourself informed about the market prices in your area of interest. There are many sources but mainly, visit as many fairs as you can, research in the Internet and read the final sales prices in the traditional sale houses.
- Finally... Collect antiques, not junk. It is always better a small collection with excellent pieces than a huge collection of junk, rusty irons and broken machines. Select your pieces. There is not a goal to reach, so take the pleasure in in the process of your treasure hunting. A collection should be something to enjoy, and there is many interesting pieces out there and very few time to enjoy them, so be selective with your choices.
If you follow these simple steps you will be in the correct direction to develop an excellent collection, whatever is your area of interest and, for me the most important of all, enjoying the process
Meanwhile, we are in touch.
WE ARE HERE
View Larger Map
This item has been shown 0 times.