Rare 1940s White House Telephone Presidential Bakelite Dial Phone North Electric
This item has been shown 215 times.
Rare 1940s White House Telephone Presidential Bakelite Dial Phone North Electric:
Wisconsin estate sale find. I wasn't sure if this was the real thing when I acquired it, but after some research I believe to be legit. The logo for the White House --- where the phone number usually goes --- is the real thing. Further digging around revealed why these are floating around. Apparently when the President travels --- at least in the old days ---- they had to have phones hooked up and ready to go wherever he went. And they were logoed like this for White House only use. So, this could be from the White House itself or it could be one of the phone that were set up this way for traveling. Either way, it is a cool piece. And this is older than the Nixon and Kennedy era phones I've found sold online. This one dates to the 1940s-1950s. So Truman or Ike could have used it. Great creamy ivory color instead of the plain old black phones that were common at the time. Cord is intact, but I have not tested it. Mechanically it looks like it should be sound. Dial works perfectly.
Please give me a shout if you have questions.
THE FINE PRINT AND FAQS:
1. Carefully examine my studio-quality photographs. I do my best to document any flaws or issues. I tend to go overboard in showing flaws. I hate surprises when I buy on as much as you do. I also do my best to accurately describe the items I find. Some categories I know better than others. I will tell you what I know and what I have researched.After that you are on your own. Please ask questions and I will help out if I can. Some ers have been very generous helping me out with the nuances of certain categories. Feel free to help me out with your knowledge. I welcome your expertise and enjoy learning about new stuff.
2. I would like payment with 48 hours of your sale win. If for some reason you can not meet that time frame, please let me know within that 48 hours and I will work with you. If you can not meet this requirement, please do not offer.
3. I basically sell "As Is." That said, I will accept returns if I have been negligent in my listing information. This includes outright mistakes, misrepresentations, or any errors on my part. I do not know everything about everything (don't tell my kids that please). If you are not sure about something and want to "try it out" at home before having "Buyer's remorse," please do not offer. Every sale or estate sale I go to is "as is." I do better than that with my return policy. I mess up once in a while and I have honored all returns. Please respect this policy.
4. I do not end sales early unless you are offering to pay off my mortgage -- both 1st and 2nd. I am not going to end an sale early for a lower-than-opening offer. If an item does not sell in sale I will typically relist as a Buy Now It with a small price bump --- sometimes with an offer option. In that case, feel free to offer away.
5. I will combine shipping cost when possible. If you pay first after winning more than one lot, I will refund some of the shipping cost. Or wait until I send an invoice. Your choice.
6. Have fun. And keep communication lines open before and after the sale.