Large Antique Great Falls Montana - Advertising Plate - Compliments P.j. Regan
This item has been shown 520 times.
Large Antique Great Falls Montana - Advertising Plate - Compliments P.j. Regan:
A LARGE 10 1/4" wide antiquechina advertising plate from GREAT FALLS MONTANA. This is a very early China antique plate, dating back a good 100 years old probably older.
- Back of plate reads: "COMPLIMENTS OF / P. J. REGAN, / GREAT FALLS, MONTANA."
- Backside of plate maker's mark:: "SEMI PORCELAIN", with Bow and Arrow motif.
- Condition: Plate is is in nice condition. It has typical wear and glaze crazing/crackling (age checks in glaze, surface only = no harm), otherwise it is in good condition with NO cracks, chips, dings, damage, etc. (See picture for overall condition).
- Age: A TRUE ANTIQUE plate, ca. late 1800's - early 1900's.
- Shipping: All DOMESTIC shipping charges include insurance. We have enjoyed shipping our items all over the world and are happy to offer most of our items to international buyers. Yet insuring International parcels is very expensive so we do NOT insure International orders unless winning buyer specifically requests this and we are able to provide an insurance quote. We ship twice a week and send payment acknowledgments and shipping confirmations. Your prompt payment will assure a very quick turn-around time.
It is rare to find an antique anything from old GREAT FALLS, MONTANA. Old advertising china pieces like this are very collectible as 1) they have advertising on them, 2) have colorful scenes, pictures, designs, logos on them, 3) are easy to authenticate when they have the mark stamped on back. There is no indication what P. J. Regan's business was in Great Falls, but if a person went to the local library and studied some of the early Great Falls Polk City Directories from this time periods (early 1900) you would be able to find him, what his business was, where it was located, where he lived, when the business started and ended, and when he checked out. In the process you would document and date this piece and gain some insight into it. What is super nice about this plate is it is from old Great Falls, an old western town, the "Falls" in the name refers to five large waterfalls along a ten mile stretch of the upper Missouri River basin where Great Falls is located (dammed today). All of this together make for a great old relic from Great Falls Montana of 100 years ago, check it out!
Terms of Sale: Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We put our 30+ years of experience in antiques to use in describing every item we list. Items are sold in a store front format and your purchase is a binding contract. We find that communication is the key to successful transactions so PLEASE completely read the item description AND ask questions before purchasing. Thank you!