Rare First Edition Wiener WeltbÜhne, I.jahrgang, 1932 "the Vienna World Stage" For Sale
Rare first edition WIENER WELTBÜHNE, I. JAHRGANG,
1932 (English: "The Vienna World Stage"), I.JAHGANG with author index
The World stage Vienna First Year (1932). Sept - December 1932 I-IV, First edition, with author index.
Among the authors are:
- The Russian revolutionary and marxist theoretician - Leon Trotsky
- The Austrian writer Hermann Broch,
- The German Jewish writer Lion Feuchtwanger,
- The German writer Erich Kästner,
- The German-Israeli psychologist and psychoanalyst Erich Neumann,
- The German Jewish Journalist and writer Kurt Tucholsky, as well as his pseudonyms Peter Panter and Kaspar Hauser.
Description: Original red linen cover (hardcover) 449 p.
Condition: Cover damaged, glued spine. The inner fold is split open front and back. The book block is slightly undulating; the side section stained and has two small lines of glue on. The pages have some foxing. No erasures scribble on the two papers intent, and in two places in the book.
Pages 447/448, 449/450 are corrupted. Edges on some pages are slightly torn.
On request we can send you more pictures.
World Stage: On September 29, 1932 branch of the Berlin
paper "The World Stage" was published in Vienna,
after the magazine had been banned in Germany. As head of the Vienna branch was the
journalist Willi Siegmund, a student of Karl Kraus and Leon
This item has been shown 103 times.