Rare Important Antique Complete Ashkenazi Torah Scroll Parchment Germany Ca 1500 For Saletemplate Mouse Over the Images Below to Enlarge The pictures do not do justice to this magnificent item.
Rare Important Antique Complete Torah Scroll Of Ashkenazi Tradition On Parchment, Germany, Ca 1500.
A rare and important antique complete Torah scroll of Ashkenazi tradition on parchment, Germany, Ca 1500.
Square Ashkenazi script (Ari zal).
The bibliographic sources for the structure of the regular letters are the works of Yom Tov Lipmann Muhlhausen (XV sec.) and Samson ben Eliezer, author of the Barukh she-Amar (XIV) where are described the forms of square Ashkenazi letters.
These indications were transferred also in best known works of Yosef Caro Bet Yosef. Other Ashkenazi halakhists, such as Jacob Moelin (Maharil) and Jacob Landau (Sefer ha-Agur), Solomon Luria (Maharshal), and Elijah Shapira would incorporate Samson's teachings into their own works, the Halakhic mainstays of Ashkenazi Jewry.
The structure of the "Alef" and other letters seems to be similar to that of the 16th century.
The layout of the Song of the Sea is based on one of the ancient Ashkenazi traditions, with the last line full scripted that doesn’t open with the word “ha-yam”.
There are small double space between the verses.
Besides the regular tagin on the lettersשעטנז ג"ץ and on the letters בדק חי"ה The scroll has numerous letters with added tagin.
In addition figures many strange and unusual letters, spirals and wrapped.
The textual characteristics of this scroll, including the script itself, application of "strange letters" and Kabbalistic crowns, place the present scroll squarely between the modern and the end of medieval traditions of Torah Scroll creation, although the textual layout of the songs and section divisions does fit much more with the modern tradition than the previous period.
No Wawe’ amudim.
Very good condition, some letters are erased but whereas the antiquity of the scroll it is well preserved.
Petuchot and setumot according to Rambam.
Ashkenazi style wooden rollers of brown wood turned on tips and handles.The radiocarbon analysis, made on this scroll, testifies a reasonable adherence of the obtained results to the supposed date based on codicological and palaeographic available elements.
Parchment length: 71cm / 27.95in.
Text height: 59cm / 23.22in.
Weight: 7390gr / 237oz.Free shipping, handling and insurance.Highly sought after by collectors.
A superb Jewish, Judaica, Hebrew, Israel item.
Text height: 59cm / 23.22in.
- Weight : Condition : 7390gr / 237oz. See item description. Contact Us : We are happy to provide fast customer service over email, phone, or fax.
Click the "Ask Seller A Question" link at the top of this page.
Our number: 0099-7562
- We accept payment by PayPal
- Payment should be received within three working days from purchase.
- Israeli buyers to pay the current VAT, which is roughly 16%.
- We guarantee the items we sell are as described. Should we accidentally ship the wrong item, you may return that item.
- ALL returns must be authorized.
- Buyer must notify us within 48 hours of receipt that the item differs from its description. Refunds are given only if the item is not as represented, the return was authorized by us, and the item was shipped back within five days from authorization date.
- Item must be returned by registered insured mail and packed well, like we packed it.
- Item must be returned undamaged and in original condition.
- Refund will be for the actual amount paid including shipping and insurance cost. We do not take responsibility for any personal or third party losses.
- Worldwide shipping, handling and insurance are free of charge.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- All items are shipped from Israel within 5 business days after receiving your payment.
- All items are shipped by Express Mail Service (EMS), which usually takes 5-7 business days to arrive from shipping date, traceable on USPS website.
Free of charge - see above.
Our number: 0099-7562Unique template design, marketing, and strategy consulting from As Was®
This item has been shown 0 times.