Rare Vintage Waterman 92 Black Celluloid Fountain Pen Flexible Ideal | 1930s 52 For Sale
Rare Vintage Waterman 92 Black Celluloid Fountain Pen Flexible IDEAL | 1930s 52
RareVintage Waterman's 92 fountain pen in BlackCelluloid with aflexible IDEAL nib
Made in U.S.A in the early 1930's.
This pen has a great looking celluloid composite, and is in great condition / ready to write
Full detailed description below.
Please check out my Video Demonstration
Superflex - XF-BBB; line variation (.27mm-2.02mm),
- Superflex refers to the amount of pressure needed to achieve maximum flex
line variation refers to the distance the tines spread during flex
Important distinction: these two aspects (degree of flex and line variation) do not equal a 1 to 1 relationship, example:
- one pen may have a wet noodle nib with a line variation from .45mm to 1.2mm,
- another may have a semi-flex nib with a line variation from .18mm to 1.80mm.
- Important distinction: these two aspects (degree of flex and line variation) do not equal a 1 to 1 relationship, example:
- normal nib when not flexed, will write at any speed.
- Pen case is exceptionally clean, small crack in threads which does not affect functionality
- lever filler (working condition)
- pen draws ink from well superbly
- clean pen overal
Dimensions: nice large pen!
- 126 mm capped
- 160 mm posted
- 11.5 mm diameter at thickest part of the case
The Nib:Superflex | .27mm - 2.02mm ( XF-BBB )
- "Waterman's IDEAL " imprinted on nib
- clean tip, decent alignment
- very enjoyablevintage flex nib
- excellent responsiveness
- solid 14 karat gold
- will write at any speed when not flexed
- very smooth on paper.
excellent ink flow
The Body: very good to excellent | Celluloid | 7/10
- firm lever action
- no cracks in the celluloid
- light to moderate micro scratches
- clear imprints on barrel
- beautiful black celluloid
- tiny mark just underneath (inferior to) the pocket clip, possibly a chemical mark, see video for best look
Please See Writing Sample and Video for the Best Description
- With proper ink and paper (diamine and rhodia 80g) this pen will glide beautifully and leave desirable strokes
- with high maintenance ink and copy paper, do not expect favorable results
- INTERNATIONAL buyers please inquire for approval PRIOR to placing a offer, as I do not ship to all countries.
- PayPal payments are to be made within 3 days of sale's end (extensions are possible if pre-approved)
- We will only ship to your confirmed address that is registered with PayPal. They send us your address & we must ship to THAT address so please make sure this information is up to date with PayPal.
- Allpayments are to be in US funds ONLY.
BUYERS:Shipping rate is for lower 48 states only. (international/other buyers please inquire with me PRIOR to offer/purchase and I will do anything reasonable to meet your shipping needs).
I have made every endeavour to produce a fair and accurate description of this item. Photos shown are actual photos of the item taken just before it was listed. Some of my listings even include a video demonstration, and these have proven to be very beneficial to potential buyers. If you have any questions, please email me before you place your offer/purchase.
All items are sold ASIS. Returns are only accepted if the description fails to accurately describe the item. I will accept a return if the request is made within three days of receipt of your item. Item must be returned within 14 days of filing your return. Item must be returned in its original condition, damages during shipping are not seller's responsibility. Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges. All items are %100 authentic, and are in perfect working collect, repair, restore, and use fine vintage writing instruments. Over time, I have learned how to repair and restore a wide variety of high-quality vintage fountain pens, and occasionally I like to sale a few of them off. All of my items are of great quality and are ready to use. They have been pristinely cared for. My top shelf pens are available at www.vintageflex.net. Sometimes, I provide audio equipment and other odds and ends.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
FREE! Sellers: Add a FREE map to your listings. FREE!
This item has been shown 0 times.