Real Photo Whaling Station Leith Harbour South Georgia Falkland Islands For Sale
Real photo postcard vintage postcard showing the whaling station at Leith Harbour, South Georgia near the Falkland Islands.
Leith Harbour also known as Port Leith, was a whaling station up on the northeast coast of South Georgia, established and operated by Christian Salvesen Ltd, Edinburgh. The station was in operation from 1909 until 1965. It was the largest of seven whaling stations, situated near the mouth of Stromness Bay. It is named after Leith the harbour area of Edinburgh, Christian Salvesen's home town.
The postcard was published by the Norwegian company Chr. Wathne, looks to date from 1910-1920 period, and has not been posted.
This item has been shown 0 times.