Round Folding Table Hardwood+ Handtooled Leather Andean Birds Artist-made Novica
This item has been shown times.
Round Folding Table Hardwood+ Handtooled Leather Andean Birds Artist-made Novica:
nv86402 nv10402 nv20102 TL13 SL0 Mohena wood and leather folding table, 'Andean Birds'
With its novel folding shape, this accent table is beautiful and original. Abel Rios skillfully combines form and function, creating an unusual, handcrafted piece of furniture. The tabletop of polychrome leather is hand-tooled with elegant bird motifs. It is mounted on a frame of mohena wood, a fine Andean hardwood similar in grain to mahogany.
~A serviceable occasional table for a multitude of uses, the beauty of this piece makes it a work of art.
Artist: Abel Rios
MORE FROM THIS ARTISTItem Details Size
22.5 inches H x 19.0 inches Diam.Weight 8.05 pounds Materials Mohena wood and leather
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE: US $325.95SUGGESTED RETAIL
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.Shipping Information SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $11.00 7 to 16 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $58.00 3 to 6 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $73.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $48.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $73.00 2 to 4 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$11.00 2 to 4 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $58.00 3 to 8 business days United Kingdom $73.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our Andes office: Shop more from Andes
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Peru.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
"With my older brother's generous and providential offer, I learned the wondrous art of leather work – a trade that continues to fascinate me and consume most of my days."
"I have dedicated myself to crafting fine leather products since the age of 16. Initially, I began by helping my older brother Héctor in his leather workshop after he asked me to come to work for him. With my older brother's generous and providential offer, I learned the wondrous art of leather work – a trade that continues to fascinate me and consume most of my days. "When I was 23 years old I decided to become an independent artisan. I opened my own workshop in my house. Fortunately, my work has gained considerable popularity, and I greatly enjoy the responses that I continue to receive when people see my creations. "These days, my work consists of cutting, embossing and engraving fine leather with a distinct style and skill that you won't find in many workshops. I design many beautiful Inca and colonial motifs, and emboss those upon the leather. I sell some of my work locally to art shops, but am especially happy and proud that my products are being sold all over the world now through Novica. "Before I began to work with Novica, I had my workshop in the back patio of my home, with no floor, surrounded by the chickens we raised to feed our family. I didn't have the necessary tools. I am proud of what I have achieved during these recent years, all thanks to Novica. "Since joining Novica eight years ago, I have become a prosperous businessman, and my children are now educated professionals who work with me. Eight years go, I brought my work to Novica, and, little by little, began to sell more and to extend my line of designs. This permitted me to better care for my family, and to invest in my workshop. "In time, I was able to rent a house nearby, where I moved my furniture crafting business. I bought equipment and my workshop began to grow. With more orders and customers, I was able to hire helpers, improve my designs, research new techniques, and use better raw materials, always working hand-in-hand with Novica. Eventually I bought the house I had been renting. Three years ago, I bought the land next door, where I built a new three-story workshop. "My son is now 25, with a degree in business administration. My daughter Daisy is 21, and is finishing a degree in accounting. They both help me now. I began my art at the age of 16, and am now 50."
MORE FROM THE ARTIST More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS