Russian World War Ii Hero Of The Soviet Union Gold Star Decoration Medal M50-10
This item has been shown 0 times.
Russian World War Ii Hero Of The Soviet Union Gold Star Decoration Medal M50-10:
International Buyers -- Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.Custom fees are normally charged by the shipping company or collected when you pick the item up. These fees are not additional shipping charges. We will not under-value merchandise or mark the item as a gift on customs forms. Doing that is against U.S. and international laws.
Russian World War II Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Decoration Medal
- The five pointed gold star itself measures 1 3/16 inches wide by 1 5/16 inches tall
- Piece is 23 Karat Gold
- The serial number is "5690"
- Was awarded to Nikolai Yakovitch Hodosov
- Hodosov was born October 21, 1913 to Russian parents and had a 5th grade education. He entered the army in 1937 and participated in the Great Patriotic War in June 1941
- He was awarded this Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star as a commander of a platoon that made a forced crossing of the Dnieper River in September of 1943. His platoon held their position for 7 days until reinforced and fought off 37 German counter attacks. His award was given on March 24, 1945, and he fought all the way to Berlin. He was also awarded an Order of Lenin, 2 Red Banners, 2 Gold Patriotic War 1st Classes, 1 Patriotic War 2nd Class and 2 Red Stars, location unknown.
- Includes the ribbon and suspension with a screw back post and marked nut
- This Gold Star was examined by noted author and Soviet Orders Expert Paul McDaniel at the SOS Show in Kentucky in March 2013, and he verified it to be an original World War II award.
- This medal shows wear on both sides of the star and ribbon and was probably worn every day in both military and civilian life by HSU Hodosov.
- Please see the photos for condition and appearance
- This was the USSR Soviet Union's highest decoration for gallantry in action above and beyond the call of duty. It was equivalent to the United States Medal of Honor
- EXTREMELY RARE !
- Cheers Comrade
- Very good plus condition
NOTE: THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED BY REGISTERED MAIL AND SHIPPING WILL BE CALCULATED UPON COMPLETION OF sale
- Thanks, Charlie
- PLEASE READ REGARDING OUR SHIPPING CHARGES: Domestic shipping
charges include fee for insurance and/or signature receipt, USPS
Priority Mail. This means that our shipping estimate will reflect these
costs. If you pay shipping costs which are in excess of actual
shipping costs, we will gladly refund the difference to you. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING will be done by USPS Express Mail only, thus shipping fees will be high due to this requirement of the seller/owner of this listed item. Our shipping fees are what the post office charges us. Our agreement with the seller/owner will not permit us to deviate from the shipping method policy.
I am a Trading Assistant - I can sell your stuff on !
On Aug-12-12 at 15:21:05 PDT, seller added the following information:
SHIPPING FEES EXPLAINED: I am an trading assistant listing this item for one of my clients. The seller / owner insists on certain shipping requirements which I must follow. Items sold for domestic destinations will be shipped USPS Priority Mail in a box with signature required for pickup. If you check what we charge for shipping against the USPS shipping rates you will see that we are only passing along the cost of shipping which we are charged. We do not desire to lose money on shipping, but we also do not desire to make money on shipping. If what a buyer pays for shipping is in excess of what we actually paid for shipping, we will refund the difference to you. If, however, the actual shipping fees exceed the amount we collect for shipping, we will absorb the difference. We think this shipping fee policy is very fair and equitable. Not everyone agrees with us, though, and we realize that we cannot please everyone.On Mar-26-13 at 08:13:54 PDT, seller added the following information:
Note: As requested, additional photos added