Seth Thomas Westminster Chime Rare Moonphase 8 Day Mantle Shelf Clock Vtg For Sale
Seth Thomas Moon Dial Mantle Clock w/ Westminster Strike & Chime Movement #1219Seth Thomas Moon Dial Mantle Clock Westminster #1219
Franz Hermle Movement
· Clock is functional but will need to be adjusted to keep accurate time. I do not have the expertise to do this.
· The chimes are strong and vibrant.
· Cat number is 1219; Name is Wharton Model # 1219
· It is an 8-day clock with Westminster chimes and a moon phase indicator.
· The movement is stamped " Two (2) Jewels Uadjusted Made in Germany 401-004"
· The top of the carriage clock has a brass carry handle.
· Clock is heavy due to its complex movement which is solid brass. face is superb!! It is hammered brass and nickel with trimmed accents. Victorian style.
· The glass is in great condition with no cracks or chips.
The —German made— eight day movement is clean.It chimes —a relaxing, melodious tone— every 15 minutes on the 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and on the hour, after which it strikes the appropriate hour and it is keeping time. The movement also features a locking lever that you can engage to shut off the chimes if you wish
The clock is finely crafted from dark walnut.
· The wood has a beautiful veneer with some minor nicks consistent with age and the nature of fine wood.
· Both back and front doors open and close securely.
· Moonphase is 31 day and adjustable.
· Chimes can be turned off by lowering the hold down bar. This clock measures 14" high x 9.75" wide.
· A fine timepiece for any mantle, vanity, shelf, etc.
· Made in the circa 1970's. Do not let this one pass you by
· A beautiful timepiece to adorn a beautiful home.
· We have taken many photos to showcase the beauty of this fine item.
This item has been shown 0 times.