Superbly Detailed Late Victorian Edwardian Fancy Silver Handled Tea Cake Basket
This item has been shown 594 times.
Superbly Detailed Late Victorian Edwardian Fancy Silver Handled Tea Cake Basket:
FineThings4sale - Family parts with a few treasures... things we liked - - Stunning Top QualityAntique Kitchen wares - Old Copper Cookware - Sterling Holloware- Especially Nice Silverplate - OUR FAMILY ESTATE USED ITEMS / FINE OBJECTS D'ART/ COLLECTION OFFERED ON . You too, should invest in FineThings!
Check ourother items add us to your favorite sellers, as this year we mustemptya family storage locker of things. Many more Sterling and Silverplate items to be listed.
SUPERB HOST ITEM FROM A SERIOUS SILVER COLLECTOR -- LARGE TALL"TEA CAKE BASKET" FANCY SERVING TRAY with HANDLE - HIGHLY DETAILED - LATE VICTORIAN AGE SPLENDOR - CLASSICAL MOTIF -
PIERCED CLASSIC LATE VICTORIAN EDWARDIAN SILVER HANDLED TEA CAKE BASKET
Superb older (we're told Victorian age) Silver item bought in New York city - Post WWII- Older High Quality Silverplate. This piece is approx. 6 1/2” TALL and about 8" wide. Hallmarked as shown, silver shows minimal age/wear as depicted in listing pictures. Estate VICTORIAN AGE ANTIQUE. Hallmarked Silver.
View the exterior and interior pictures posted,this is a nice piece with another generation or three's worth of life. This was rarely used for thebig parties in my parent's home,used only for special events and shows some minimaluse evidence little to nounder metal bleeding, no significant dents/major dings ordeep scratches. Expect typical surface use scratches,sits right. This was a well-cared for item that was used for Sunday post Church tea table. No monograms / engravings. The classicstyle will work with just about any silver flatware pattern - from colonial Gorham Fairfax, to fancier Cinderella, King Albert, classic Etruscan, simple Dolly Madison, grand Francis I, English Gadroon to Old Master --- all and more can be paired with this classic vintageRevere Bowl style footed punch bowl and tray. Collector's item, yet eminently appropriate for contemporary use.
My grandparents collectedquality Sheffield items. They were serious about entertaining in a way I am not. My family invested in quality items for gracious living.
CONDITION: ESTATE USED GOOD ANTIQUE overall with wear and typical use marks etc. Silver will need to be polished. Review the posted pictures as we show wear and the outsiide at different angles. Super nice considering suspected age!
IMPORTANT: offer now, we will not be relisting at a lower price. We have a dealer who has made an offer on several of our lots should we not sell them on .
Lots of Really Great Stunning items toadd to your collection. Starting each lot at very reasonable prices.
Review picture(s) for condition etc. Not new, but Used Good Estate Condition with expected use on treasuredold items.Some hand washing/polishing needed! Vintage heirloom quality, these were used for 30+ years for entertaining, as the itemswere acquired post World War II. This is an outstanding, truly versatile,group/set of good weight/heft, elegant pattern. offer based on info above, but know these were from a very good collection of very fine household goods that were well taken care of.
Expectgeneral marks, spots, scratches,wear and patina commensurate with age and use of treasured serverware/flatware used for special meals/holidays.All thishas been stored away in the box for many years and a simple cleaning/polishing will make it look even more elegant on your table.Most or all hosts would feel quite comfortable using this when entertaining the most special guests in your home.
Please reviewother listings now & later... Silver - MoreGorhamChantilly (other family sets/collection) and very good quality estate things from Grandparent's cottage.
Check outother items and then add us to your favorite sellers, as this year we mustempty out a family storage locker of things. Sterling and Silverplate items listed.
You must include your full shipping address with your PayPal payment. Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, exclude weekends and holidays, and may vary with package origin and destination, particularly during peak We check my email every night for questions, so please email any questions and we'll be pleased to answer them.
2. All sales are final. No returns, refunds or adjustments. If in doubt, don't offer before getting answers from us.
3. We accept PayPal only. Really. If you offer please know, that through PayPal.com - you - can select to pay by check or credit card. We no longer accept mailed payments.
4. Complete payment is due upon receipt of notification of a successful offer. As the winning buyer, you are liable to pay for all items you won at sale. You must complete the payment immediately. Failure to do so within 3 days could result in cancellation of the sale and a negative posting to your account.
5. Shipping will be Priority Mail by United States Postal Service, excepting books (media mail) and extra large items (UPS or other carrier/service as selected by seller). We will ship within one week of the finish of the sale.
6. CONDITION: Every attempt is made to describe any damage or faults honestly & accurately. Please ask BEFORE offerding if you require further clarification. A offer will taken as an indication that the condition of the item understood & accepted.
7. If the item is damaged during shipping, the buyer must contact the shipper to resolve this matter. Seller will provide any necessary paperwork to help buyer with his/her claim. We pack carefully and this has never been an issue.
8. Any condition statement is a courtesy to a buyer, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a expert's statement of fact. We're sharing 'estate items' generally older antiques and we shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.