Serviced Vintage Elna Lotus Zig Zag Portable Sewing Machine Attachments C-video
This item has been shown 0 times.
Serviced Vintage Elna Lotus Zig Zag Portable Sewing Machine Attachments C-video:
This is a Serviced Vintage Elna Lotus Portable Sewing Machine.
Serial number F511819. In the video I accidentally said F511813. The machine is from the 1970's
Please read the steps that I perform on each machine sold as a "Serviced" machine. Then watch the video of it in action. You don't want to risk buying a "used" machine because there is a risk of exposed electrical wires that can exist in blind spots like under the power connector or in the motor housing. These machines are all metal construction which means they easily conduct electricity if a short is present. The insulation on the old wires do not hold up in most cases of long periods of time. They can become gummy or brittle. All of the machines I sell get inspected for hazardous risks and the wires replaced if necessary.
The following steps were taken when rebuilding the motor:
- brushes cleaned, inspected and replaced if necessary
- commutator contacts cleaned and polished
- motor wires inspected and replaced to the coil, if necessary
- shafts lubricated
- 10 minute full load burn in test - ensures motor runs strong and does not emit odors or excessive heat
- tested sewing3 layers of denim
This light duty machine hasbeen properly cleaned and oiled. The timing was checked and it sews very well, please see the picture of the stitch. The wires are original and in very good condition. They wereinspected and passed the "flex" test. I also opened all connectors to ensure all electric connections are goodand do not pose any risk.It was tested on 3 layers of denim and sewed with ease forward and reverse and zig zag. I could onlyfit 3 layers of denim under the foot.The stitch is equal on both sides. Here is an HDvideo I made of this actual machine sewing.
Overall, the machine is in good condition. There are lightscratches and scuffs on the outside.Thechrome pieces arein good. The balance wheel has some wear. The rubber feet on the machine and pedalarea little hard but still good. The light works. The bobbin removal tool is good. The machines has a faint chug noise from a very small flat spot on the internal rubber drive wheel.I have labeled a picture with showing what each position on the operating selector switch does. Alway put it in the off/storage position when not in use. This will prevent a flat spot from happening on the rubber drive wheel. There is supposed to be a clip that holds the gray nose plate in a locked position. It is missing, but the plate sits upright fairly well on its own.
It comes with 3 bobbins and atachments. They store in the top of the machine. Lift the front tab up to open the lid. The attachments are not Elna, only the feed dog cover and bobbins are. The rest are compatible replacements. The is no manual. The attachments are all clean and ingood condition with minor signs of use.The bobbin winder works.
The machine runs on 120 volts.
The machine measures 12-1/4" x 4-7/8" ans is 9-1/4" tall when closed. It measures 17-1/2" x 18-1/2" when opened.
Here is how I package othersewing machine heads for shipping. This will, of course, be packaged differently but with as much care.
Don't forget to follow "The Treasure Cellar" on facebook! I make "helper" videos and show off some rare machines I get. Plus I let you know what's in the funnel for my items!
Feel free to ask questions.
Important things you should know:
- PA residents must pay 6% sales tax on all taxable merchandise.
- International buyers are responsible for all import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.
- There is a 25% restocking fee applied to the cost of the item only on all returns to account for unrecoverable , PayPal and Shipping fees. This only applies to items purchased in error by the buyer. There is no refund on original shipping charges and the buyer is responsible for the return shipping costs. "Warranty" and "Not as Described" returns are handled per the Return Policy below.
- International buyers should check the shipping charges before offerding. Heavier items tend to be costly.
- I provide a tracking number for all domestic shipments and whenever possible on international shipments. You will receive a notice the day your item ships.
- I only respond to messages sent through . My email address is used as a secondary source so there will be delays if you do not respond through .
- At end of sale the buyer has 5 days to initiate payment or make appropriate arrangements or an unpaid claim will be files via and the item will be resold.
- Buyer must send notification of payment within 5 days of end of sale.
- I will only attempt to contact the buyer once by day 5 if I have not received any response about payment.
- Please do not place a offer if you have no intentions on buying this product.
- Please verify you have a correct shipping address in your and PayPal accounts. This is what I use to ship to and I am not responsible for your errors. If a package is returned because of an address error taken from your account, you will be credited your order less return shipping charges and restocking fees and the item will be re-saleed.
- All national and international shipping prices are final.
Customer satisfaction is our goal!
- We will only accept returns if the items are incorrectly described.
- We do not issue partial credits.
- We try our hardest to provide very honest descriptions. Please review our responses as proof.
- All “Used” items are sold “As-Is” and have no warranty against manufacturer defects.
- We must be contacted within 14 days of receipt of item to initiate a return.
- We will attempt to resolve the situation via emails or phone calls. Only after the issue has been verified will we accept a return.
- All returns must use US Postal Service and have delivery confirmation. If you do not do this we cannot guarantee receipt of the return and will not issue any credit.
- We will pay for return shipping, as long as we are at fault, and will credit those costs not to exceed the original shipping costs.
- We will issue a credit after we have received the item and verified the issue.
- Return payment will be issued in the same manner as it was received.
- We will not accept any returns unless all previous mentioned steps have been taken.
- Leaving a positive response completes the transaction and is acknowledgement that the purchased items are "as described".