Sheaffer Targa Rollerball. Gold Electroplated Fluted Design. Good Condition.
This item has been shown times.
Sheaffer Targa Rollerball. Gold Electroplated Fluted Design. Good Condition.:
SHEAFFER TARGA ROLLERBALL
Originally to be named the Genesis, the cartridge/converter-filling Targa by Sheaffer was renamed, just before it’s launch in 1976, in honour of the Italian Targa Florio motor race. It is the most successful Sheaffer pen since the PFM and was in production until 1998. It is fitted with the inlaid nib and was produced in approx. seventy different lacquer and metal finishes. In 1982 the Slimline Targa was introduced, the original model then being known as the Classic. With the wide variety of finishes, the pen’s excellent writing characteristics and the broad range of nib sizes available, the Targa remains a popular pen with collectors and users alike.
This American Targa Rollerball, probably matching the 1005 pen, in a gold electroplated fluted finish with gold plated trim, was probably produced between 1976 and 1999. It is in good condition. It was produced as part of the emblem range of promotional pens.
- The push on cap is in good condition, without any dings. The gold plated clip is also in a good condition. The cap imprints are crisp. The cap screw carries a logo (see photo), and the clip a plaque for the Truck Parts Guild. The black panel carries the engraving MASTER.
- The section and barrel are also as above. The barrel has a tight fit with the cap.
- The pen will need a new rollerball cartridge.
- The closed length is 135mm.
This is a nice example of a collectable, attractive and very useable pen.
THE NIB UNITS OF MY FOUNTAIN PENS ARE CLEANED IN AN ULTRASONIC BATH, TESTED FOR WRITING AND ADJUSTED IF NECESSARY.
ALL ITEMS ARE CLEANED, CONSERVATIVELY RESTORED WHEN NEEDED, AND HAND POLISHED
Postage and packing
UK (First Class) £3.00
UK (Special Delivery Guaranteed) £6.95
Europe (Airmail) £3.50
Australia & NZ (Airmail) £4.70
Rest of the World (Airmail) £4.50
The Royal Mail International Signed For service is available for an additional £5.30.
- Postage is charged at cost. As items are packed at the time of sale, the postage charge shown on the listing can only be an estimate. If the actual postage cost is less than the amount paid by the buyer, the excess will be refunded through Paypal at the time of dispatch. Items will normally be dispatched on the first working day following receipt of payment. Where payment is by personal cheque, I reserve that right to delay dispatch until notified by my bank that the cheque has cleared. If an item hasn’t been received within a reasonable time after dispatch, please contact me in the first instance as a proof of posting is always obtained. I can then tell you when the Royal Mail will consider the item lost and so allow me to make a claim. A refund will not be made until that time.
- I'm happy to combine postage costs if more than oneitem is bought.
Unfortunately, due to its unreliability, I no longer offer Surface Mail to my overseas customers.Please offer only if you are happy to pay the Airmail costs.
Overseas buyers - please use Paypal only.
UK buyers - Paypal or personal cheque.
Please email with any questions, I'm always glad to help.