Silver Butterfly Necklace Sterling Handcrafted 'monarch Migration' Novica Mexico
This item has been shown 2 times.
Silver Butterfly Necklace Sterling Handcrafted 'monarch Migration' Novica Mexico:
TL12 Sterling silver pendant necklace, 'Monarch Migration'
Frozen in time, these silver monarchs bring to mind their annual migration from Canada to Mexico. This gesture echoes in Oscar Figueroa's work and he has yet again captured it with a delicate and pleasing sterling silver necklace. .925 Sterling silver
Artist: Oscar Figueroa Escorcia
MORE FROM THIS ARTISTItem Details Size
Chain: 15.8 inches L
Chain width: 1.0 inches mm
Chain width: 2.0 inches L
Pendant: 2.3 inches L x 1.1 inches W x 0.1 inches DWeight 0.25 oz Materials Sterling silver Additional Info
Spring ring clasp
High polish finish
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE: US $137.95SUGGESTED RETAIL
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.Shipping Information SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $4.00 6 to 14 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $8.00 2 to 5 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $32.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $17.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $14.00 1 to 2.5 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$4.00 2.5 to 4 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $8.00 3 to 8 days United Kingdom $25.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our Mexico office: Shop more from Mexico
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Mexico.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
"My collections are based in the origin and traditions of our culture - some are entirely classic, while others also incorporate highly stylized elements."
"I was born in the city of Taxco on February 2, 1964. Growing up in a silversmith Environment, especially since my city is recognized worldwide for its silver jewelry, I decided to venture into this same craft. In 1983, at 19 years old, I began to make my own designs. It took me four years to prepare the design and elaboration of my own lines. Now I am proud to say my jewelry collections have been accepted in the US, Europe and South America. "I studied until secondary school here, but then I had to continue my studies in the state of Mexico. I went to university in Mexico City and later I finished a post-graduate degree. "After the design is complete, the process begins with the melting of pure silver that is purchased in small grains, forming an alloy with a minute amount of copper to give the metal a better consistency and to be able to work with it. That is why it is 0.925 silver. "Once the metal is melted and transformed into a sheet, it is passed through a laminator to make wires, cases, etc. When we have the metal and it is ready to be worked, the designs are placed on certain areas of the sheets. They are cut, then sanded on all sides. In the case of bracelets and necklaces, they are put together using wires already specific to the intended design - flat, triangular, square, etc. They are joined with silver welding using a gas welding torch and this is how they begin to take on shape whether it is flat, twisted, concave, etc. "The size and specifications of each product are double-checked to see if any corrections are necessary. Once joined, the pieces are submerged in nitric acid to clean the silver and leave it white. Afterward, if the design requires stones, the stones are set and adjusted according to the design. Finally, the pieces are polished by hand with cotton cloths over a polisher with a small motor using a special paste. It is in this step that the surface of the piece is given its smoothness and now it is ready to shine with a mirror finish. "To clean impurities from the piece, it is submerged in an ultrasound tub to pass the quality control test where they accept or reject pieces. "My collections are based in the origin and traditions of our culture - some are entirely classic, while others also incorporate highly stylized elements. When the designs are well thought out in the varied original materials of our country, it is easy to create jewelry lending beauty and elegance to the wearer."
MORE FROM THE ARTIST More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS