St. Helena & Ascension 1/2 Penny 1821 East India Company Au For SaleSummary:1/2 Penny, Issued by St. Helena, 1821
Minted by Soho Mint, BirminghamStatement Of Significance:The East India Company initiated this coinage with an order to the Soho Mint, Birmingham on 27 March 1821. At that time the Island of St. Helena was the prison of Napoleon. The coins were needed not so much for the people of the island as for the large force of British soldiers acting as guards. Napoleon died on 5 May 1821, the coins shipped on 5 June in 44 casks weighing over 6 tons. Most were not needed but were held, still in the casks until 1831 when over 5 tons were shipped back to England and sold as copper back to the Soho Mint.Acquisition Information:Transfer from Melbourne Branch of Royal Mint, 1978 Discipline: Numismatics Dimensions: 29 mm (Diameter) Weight: 9.386 g (Weight)
2.90$ standard international worldwide up to 150$ sellers shipping risk, above 150$ its buyers shipping risk for which I offer registered secured against loss worldwide for $25 at my risk.
- Pictures taken with daylight lamp and halogen lamp
- 100 % guaranteed Genuine
- PAYPAL required
- Payment required within 5 days after purchase
- We do combine shipping please contact
- If you are not satisfied for any reason. please contact me to find a solution
- If you wish to return please contact me within14 days of receiving your items. returns must be in original and same conditions as shipped.
- Refund 100% of the purchases price of the items, shipping and handling not refunded
- International buyer, coin will be shipped in white neutral envelop, please check with your country's custum policies, these charges are the buyer's responsibility.
This item has been shown 0 times.