Strong 18lb / 8kg Neodymium Testing Magnet Check Scrap Metal Gold Silver Bronze
This item has been shown 0 times.
Strong 18lb / 8kg Neodymium Testing Magnet Check Scrap Metal Gold Silver Bronze:
Metal Testing Magnet. Compact and very powerful, see the pictures. Rare Earth magnets are great, but they can be difficult to handle and fragile, not so good for industrial use. Not to mention, they are so small they are easily misplaced or lost. We have mounted a powerful 1/2" diameter x 1/2" cylinder N52 grade neodymium-iron-boron magnet in 6061 aluminum for industrial and hobby use, and attached it to a high-grade Delrin (UHMW) handle. It also has a removable vinyl cap to protect the magnet when not in use.
- Identify and sort steel grades and metal alloys that contain iron, nickel, or cobalt.
- Identify/sort chrome plated items from polished aluminum, silver, and non-magnetic grades of stainless steel
- Identify/sort solid brass and bronze from plated steel items (handy in the antique market and hardware store)
- Identify/sort some types of costume (fake) jewelry, which often use steel or nickel as the base material under the plating.
- Use as a very powerful magnetic pickup, not like those 1/2 pound jokes at the hardware store.
- Also handy for science experiments involving ferromagnetism
3/4" (19mm) diameter x 7/8" (22mm) tall head
6" (150mm) overall length
1" (25mm) diameter x 3.25" (80mm) handleThe aluminum casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking, and makes removing iron and steel shavings much easier. These are made in the USA.Bulk Purchase Information:
's system cannot calculate discounts, so we will process a refund for the discount when we ship your magnets (same or next business day)
- Buy 5-9, we will refund $3 per magnet
- Buy 10-24, we will refund $4 per magnet
- Buy >25, we will refund $5 per magnet
International Buyers – Please Note:
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.O