Studio Light Bar - Twin Camera -flash Bar For Stereo 3d For SaleFor the Active Stereo Photographer Studio Light bar - Twin camera / flash bar for Stereo 3D
It is not often that I get excited about a product for stereo (3D) Photography
But when I first saw this product, I immediately thought about stereo. I bought one, tried it, and was so happy that I got 100 more for resale.
This is a "Studio Light Bar", so officially it is used to hold flashes for studio work.
The bar features 4 standard (1/4x20) posts to hold lights, but it can also hold cameras!
Here are some of the things that you can do with this product:
Support two cameras (for stereo photography)
Support 4 cameras (for lenticular work)
Support two cameras, and two flash units or one flash and one LED light.
Support one stereo camera, two flash units one LED light.
The bar has 4 separate channels so you cannot slide a pair of cameras all the way from touching to maximum separation. To get the smallest possible separation, you have to start with the cameras in the inner channels. To get the maximum separation you have to put the cameras in the outer channels.
Maximum separation with cameras at the very end of the bar is 14.5 inches (about 37cm), as seen below. This configuration is perfect for hyperstereo. The bar is lightweight so you can easily carry it around. It is perfect for the lighter digital cameras (for example, Canon cameras connected with StereoData Maker, SDM).
The camera has a post at the center, which can be used as a handle (not very comfortable since it has screws protruding but works OK)
At the very bottom there is a reversible cylinder that provides either standard 1/4x20 threads or 3/8 threads. This way you can attach this in standard tripods with or without tripod head.
Bellow I am showing the bar using the 1/4 threads to attach a handle (not included) or attach it to a standard tripod.
But my favorite application is to attach the bar to my photo-stick (very long monopod) for "pole 3d photography". In this configuration I utilize the 3/8 socket. I do not need a tripod head with this bar because serves at a tripod head. It has one degree of freedom, it can tilt in one direction. This is perfect for stereo. There is really no need for sideways tilting.
Another application for this bar is to attach the macrobox (a stereo camera for macro photography) and two flash units. One unit is attached to the camera, the other is on slave mode. A LED light is also attached. This helps so that the digital cameras can focus in dim light.
Note: To attach flash units with standard flash shoe, you must have an item like the one below (one side has a 1/4x20 thread, the other is standard flash shoe). This is not included with the bar but you can find them very inexpensively in ).
I hope I have given you an idea of how versatile this camera/flash bar is!
Shipping weight is 2 lbs
I welcome offers outside of the USA! - Half of my items leave the USA
Please see my other sales for similar items:
The fine print:
- Please use ' s checkout and go ahead with an electronic payment after the sale is over (please make one payment for combined purchases) or wait for me to send you an invoice. I would like to hear from you within 3 days from the day the invoice was issued. If you cannot pay within 3 days, or if you are waiting for other items to close, please let me know, otherwise I will file an "unpaid item case" with the 4th day.It is nothing personal, but I like things to move without delays.
- I acknowledge all paypal payments. Make sure that your paypal email is working and not going to a "Spam" folder.
- I use the US Postal Service or FedEx, I will ship anywhere in the world and I try to get you the lowest shipping rates. I will combine shipments too. For international customers, I am flexible in custom form declarations. Expect to receive an email from stamps.com to your paypal/ email when your package is shipped. This is a delivery confirmation and not tracking in most cases.
- If you have a problem with your purchase, please let me know as soon as possible (remember, I sell a lot of items on commission and I need to close these accounts). Contact me before leaving non-positive response (including neutral) or anything less than 5 star rating. I will do my best to resolve any problems.I accept returns for most of the items that I sell, but I can only refund the selling price, not shipping, unless if there is an error in the listing. I always leave positive response.
- I appreciate your business and I hope to see you back!
** DrT knows 3D **
I have been into photography and, specifically, stereo (3D) photography since 1988 and into the stereo photography business since 1994 and I have plenty of satisfied customers. I specialize in stereo education through books, lectures, videos, CDs, Stereo Realist camera repair, stereo viewer repair, stereo photography supplies, and commission sales of photographic items.I still shoot film (stereo slides) and have great fun doing so! Starting in 2009, I am also involved in digital stereo.
Meet DrT in person in one of these stereoscopic gatherings
Any stereo club meeting in Cleveland OH (first Tuesday of each month Sep-Jun. Contact me for details or visit our web site ohio3d.com)
Most National Stereoscopic Association (NSA) Conventions
Thank you for looking!
This item has been shown 0 times.