Stunning Glass Insulator Pendant Light~color Choices~steampunk Light Fixture
This item has been shown 38517 times.
Stunning Glass Insulator Pendant Light~color Choices~steampunk Light Fixture:
*UNIQUE* Handcrafted Single Pendant Ceiling Light made from Reclaimed Antique Glass Insulators
These make a BEAUTIFUL statement in any room.
- All new UL approved lamp/lighting parts & wiring wereused to create this pendant light.
- Dress pieces are a little smaller than pictured-come in antique brass-Black available UPON REQUEST!
- E12 porcelain candelabra sockets
- Comes with 1-15W smaller sized bulb
- We recommend only using small size, low wattage bulbs to prevent shattering
- We have available several types/color variations of glass insulators-PLEASE REQUEST at checkout.
- 1st pic is of Hemingray 42 Aqua Blue (about 12 available at this time)
- 2ndpic is of Hemingray 42 Green-(about 8 available at this time)
- 3rdpic is of Hemingray 42 Clear
- 4th & 5th pic is of Hemingray 40 Aqua Blue/Aqua Green
- 6th & 7th pic is of a BEEHIVE aqua blue/aqua green
- Colors come in slight variations-we match as closely as possible UPON REQUEST!
- The insulators measure approx.~4"-4 1/4"H x 3 1/4"- 33/4"W.
- We pick out & use the ones that look & matchthe absolute best -may have minorflea bites.
- Comes w/5" blackmetal ceiling plate - other choices UPON REQUEST & are Special order
- Smooth Black wire-measures 50" down from ceiling-wire can be easily adjusted.
- Twisted Wire is available at an extra cost--UPON REQUEST.
- Your pendant will arrive all ready tobe wired into a preparedelectrical box
- If you choose a bulb that is too high of wattage or too tight fitting we cannot be responsible for any breakage.
- Please view all pics provided as they are an important part of the description.
You will enjoy these in your home/business for many yrs to come.
These glass insulators are old and may have unforeseen flaws as with anything 70-90 yrs old
Glass insulators are no longer manufactured. Some glass insulators are over 100 years old.
Each one is unique.Glass insulators are relics of an old technology found mostly along old rail roads and abandoned telegraph lines, they have a historical significance to the telecom industry worldwide.
The oldest insulators pre-date the Civil War and were produced until the 1970's.
Made from reclaimed and re-purposed insulators .Due to the unique nature of this product, colors may vary - each piece of glass is old & unique.
PLEASE READ BELOW
Be aware of those trying to sell glass insulator pendants saying they can use higher wattage.
Our sockets are rated at a MAX 75W-but the old glass insulators cannot handle high wattages-they WILL shatter.
Its all about the size & wattage since the space is so narrow inside the glass.
Just know its taking a HUGE risk by using high wattage--some sellers are just trying to appease the buyer
but not taking into account their safety or the longevity of the product.
Insulators are VERY collectible & some are even a century or more old.
Anyone who collects anything to do with Railroad, Transportation, Linemen, Telephone /Telegraph Poles,, Trains, Antiques, Glass, Porcelain, Collectibles, Lamps
and even Art would LOVE to have insulators as a part of their collection
CHECK OUT OUR STORE for OTHER **UNIQUE** ITEMS CONTINUALLY BEING ADDED
We strive for excellent service. Please considerleaving response.
Anything less than a 5~star rating hurts our business so if there
is a problem please contact us first to try to resolve it.
We sell items that may be repurposed or newly created, some of these items have electrical wiring involved.
Please be advised if the item has been newly wired or rewired we will make sure to include this information in the listing.
We always use UL approved hardware & we ask you to please follow our suggestions.
We assemble & test all our lamps/fixtures properly. We don't sell/resellwithout knowing its in excellent working condition.
Craftsmanship and artisans manufacturingon a small scale need not accredited certification, but we take prideinbuilding your pieces as if they were getting certified. .
Any questions please ask. Thank You
International Buyers – Please Note: PLEASE check if our fixtures are compatible in your country before purchasing. Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding or buying.
If you are an INTERNATIONAL buyer be aware that we are NOT responsible for any extra fees/customs due. These will be the buyers responsibility. Thank You