Stunning Glass Insulator Pendant Light~color Choices~steampunk Light Fixture
This item has been shown 40137 times.
Stunning Glass Insulator Pendant Light~color Choices~steampunk Light Fixture:
*UNIQUE* Handcrafted Single Pendant Ceiling Light made from Reclaimed Antique TELEGRAPH Glass Insulators
- All new UL approved lamp/lighting parts & wiring wereused to create this pendant light.
- Dress pieces may be a little smaller than pictured-come in antique brass-Black available UPON REQUEST!
- NEW E12 porcelain candelabra sockets
- Comes with 1-15W smaller sized bulb
- We recommend only using small size, low wattage bulbs to prevent shattering
- We have available several types/color variations of glass insulators-PLEASE REQUEST at checkout.
- 1st pic is of Hemingray 42 Aqua Blue
- 2ndpic is of Hemingray 42 Green
- 3rdpic is of Hemingray 42 Clear
- 4th & 5th pic is of Hemingray 40 Aqua Blue/Aqua Green
- 6th & 7th pic is of a BEEHIVE aqua blue/aqua green
- Colors come in slight variations-we match as closely as possible UPON REQUEST!
- The insulators measure approx.~4"-4 1/4"H x 3 1/4"- 33/4"W.
- We pick out & use the ones that look & matchthe absolute best -may have minorflea bites.
- COMES w/5" blackmetal ceiling plate-Steel/Brushed Nickel & Antique Oil Bronze available UPON REQUEST
- COMES with Smooth Black wire-as pictured measures 50" down from ceiling-wire can be easily adjusted.
- Black, Brown or Steel gray Twisted Wire is available--UPON REQUEST.
- Your pendant will arrive all ready tobe wired into a preparedelectrical box
- Please have a professional install your new light fixture.
- We are not responsible for any installation or modifications needed for installation of your new fixture.
- Our sockets may be rated at 660W MAX, but we recommend only using very small compact low wattage bulbs in this fixture.
- If you want more wattage we would recommend using what we use in our fixtures: BULBRITE KX2000 20W or 40W frosted (dimmable)
- If you choose to use higher wattage or too large of bulb, we will not be responsible for any breakage.
- Please view all pics provided as they are an important part of the description.
Beautiful addition to your home/business to enjoy for many years to come.
Made from reclaimed and re-purposed insulators
Glass insulators are no longer manufactured. Some glass insulators are over 100 years old. Each one is unique.
Glass insulators are relics of an old technology found mostly along old rail and abandoned telegraph lines,
they have a historical significance to the telecom industry worldwide. The oldest insulators pre-date the Civil War and were produced until the 1970's.
are many variations in all insulator colors & we pick out & use
the ones that look the absolute best we have on hand. May vary slightly
We are not responsible for breakage done by putting too hot or too largeof bulbs into the lights or from any unseen character flaws in these very old pieces of history.
PLEASE READ BELOW
Be aware of those trying to sell glass insulator pendants saying they can use higher wattage.
Our sockets are rated at a MAX 75W-but the old glass insulators cannot handle high wattage-they WILL shatter.
Its all about the size & wattage since the space is so narrow inside the glass.
Just know its taking a HUGE risk by using high wattage--some sellers are just trying to appease the buyer
but not taking into account their safety or the longevity of the product.
We strive for excellent service. Please consider leaving response.
Anything less than a 5~star rating hurts our business so if there
is a problem please contact us first to try to resolve it.
We sell items that may be repurposed or newly created, some of these items have electrical wiring involved.
Please be advised if the item has been newly wired or rewired we will make sure to include this information in the listing.
We always use UL approved hardware & we ask you to please follow our suggestions.
We assemble & test all our lamps/fixtures properly. We don't sell/resellwithout knowing its in excellent working condition.
Craftsmanship and artisans manufacturingon a small scale need not accredited certification, but we take prideinbuilding your pieces as if they were getting certified. .
Any questions please ask. Thank You