Stunning Large Early Art Nouveau Sterling Blotter Corners, Whiting, C1880-1900 For Sale
Stunning Large Early Art Nouveau Sterling Blotter Corners, Whiting, c1880-1900
Essential Reference - Company History (Encyclopedia of American Silver Manufactures)
The highly respected American firm of Whiting Manufacturing Company was originated by Albert T. Tift and William D. Whiting as Tift & Whiting in 1840 to manufacture jewelry. The firm later added ladies' silver combs and small hollowware. The company became Whiting Manufacturing Company in 1866.
In 1910 the company was moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut where a large plant was erected and a complete line of silverwares was produced. The company was purchased by Gorham in 1926 and was moved to Providence, Rhode Island.
- A superb, over-sized Whiting design
- Genuine and of the period (not reproductions)
- Marked sterling
- Maker's trademark symbol present
- Never monogrammed or dedicated
- Corners measure 7 1/2 by 5 1/4 inches
- Combined weight is a sturdy 133.3 grams (4.28 troy ounces)
- Heavy tarnish; some collectors prefer an undisturbed, natural patina
- One of the corners is missing a very small piece of decoration on its inside edge (please scroll to and study last picture)
- Otherwise in very fine original condition overall; no damage, dings, breaks, loss or repairs
- A perfect gift
Our terms & conditions are designed to build confidence, trust & satisfaction
- response: We presently enjoy over 7,000+ Positive responses and take great pride in our Service Excellence. However, we do occasionally make mistakes. If an oversight does occur, please allow us an opportunity to satisfy you prior to leaving response.
- Product Condition: Most worthwhile collectables have experienced some normal & gentle use over the years.Therefore, photographs often are the greatest testament to actual condition. Please study our pictures carefully and feel free to ask questions prior to offerding.
- Product Descriptions: If descriptions are significantly incorrect, we will refund your entire purchase price.
- Shipping: We are pleased to combine shipments to reduce costs. All items are carefully packed & shipped via USPS Domestic Mail or USPS Express Mail International. Customs fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
Please review our other listings featuring fine sterling & other fantastic designer items & collectibles
This item has been shown 0 times.