March 26th, 2015 Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Day March 29th, 2015 Palm Sunday March 30th, 2015 Seward's Day March 31st, 2015 César Chávez Day April 2nd, 2015 World Autism Awareness Day April 2nd, 2015 Maundy Thursday April 2nd, 2015 Pascua Florida Day April 3rd, 2015 Good Friday April 4th, 2015 Holy Saturday April 4th, 2015 First day of Passover April 4th, 2015 United Nations' Mine Awareness Day April 5th, 2015 Easter Sunday April 6th, 2015 Easter Monday April 7th, 2015 United Nations' World Health Day April 7th, 2015 Day to Remember Rwanda Genocide Victims April 10th, 2015 Orthodox Good Friday April 11th, 2015 Last day of Passover April 11th, 2015 Orthodox Holy Saturday April 12th, 2015 Orthodox Easter April 12th, 2015 International Day of Human Space Flight April 13th, 2015 Orthodox Easter Monday April 15th, 2015 Tax Day April 15th, 2015 Father Damien Day April 16th, 2015 Emancipation Day April 16th, 2015 Yom HaShoah April 20th, 2015 Patriot's Day April 21st, 2015 San Jacinto Day April 22nd, 2015 Earth Day April 22nd, 2015 Oklahoma Day April 22nd, 2015 Administrative Professionals Day April 23rd, 2015 Yom HaAtzmaut April 23rd, 2015 World Book and Copyright Day April 24th, 2015 Arbor Day April 25th, 2015 World Malaria Day April 26th, 2015 World Intellectual Property Day April 27th, 2015 Confederate Memorial Day
Sweden. Royal Order Of Vasa. Solid 18 K Gold. Commander’s Cross. Circa 1900 For Sale
Royal Order of Vasa Made of Solid 18 K Gold. Commander’s Cross. Made in Sweden Circa 1900
This beautiful piece is the Royal Order of Vasa, Commander’s Cross. It is a Swedish Royal order of chivalry awarded to citizens for service to state and society especially in the fields of agriculture, mining and commerce. The one we can see in these images, in perfect condition, is made of solid 18-carat gold with parts enameled in white and dark red. We can see the hallmarks at the edge of one of the cross’s arms. The piece comes with the ribbon of the order, an original green silk ribbon. It dates from the early 20th century, having been made before 1912. It is a real jewel whose beauty can only be compared to its historic interest.
The Royal Order of Vasa has five classes, one of which is the cross we can see in these images. It has a central oval medal with a sheaf of stalks tied with a gold ribbon. This motive is surrounded by an oval frame with the inscription GUSTAF DEN III INST MDCCLXXII. This indicates that the order was instituted on 29 May 1772 by King Gustav III of Sweden, the date when he was crowned.
From the central oval emerge four symmetrical arms that make up a cross. The arms are made of white-enameled gold. Over the cross we can see the Royal Crown and there are four smaller crowns between the arms. The Order comes into its original case, outside covered by red felt and inside lined with white silk and red velvet. Inside the lid we can see the name of the jewelers with the Royal Crown over it. The whole inscription is printed in golden lettering.
This prestigious Order’s beauty and ancient age will turn it into the best collection’s starring piece.
Measurements: Width: 54 mm. Height: 80 mm.
I think I left nothing in the description but if I forgot something, I'll be glad to answer any questions.
offer with confidence. We are professional antique dealers.
My name is José Pascual, and I am an antique dealer located in Zaragoza, Spain, which is a medium size city between Madrid and Barcelona. If you have any question, send me an email and I will gladly answer you. Enjoy my articles and I hope we keep in touch.
For any questions about this or any other article you can contact me through or by calling to our phone number +34 976 45 39 31. We are open from 9 am to 7 pm Madrid time.
Thanks for trusting me and enjoy !
Best wishes from Spain."
José Pascual Aznar
CLICK here to see my other items
BUY SAFELY WITH US
As important is to win the sale as what happens afterwards. Our work is not complete until you receive your item safely in your home.
- We are a 5 Stars Seller, which means that , certify that we have achieved the highest standards of quality in the service we offer.
- We certify that our products are 100% originals. Otherwise we undertake to refund of the purchase.
- We certify that the description and dating of the article that we give is 100% accurate. Otherwise also, we pledge to refund of the purchase.
- This article will be perfectly packed so that it arrives in excellent condition. We pay full attention that you receive your article perfectly. We treat the article as if it were going to be sent to ourselves. Shipments are made with the best transport agencies worldwide, with the possibility of express delivery and insured. All shipments have tracking number via the Internet, so that at all times we know where your package is. Some articles as antique weapons, can not be sent by ordinary mail. We will contact you once the sale is ended, to specify the type of delivery.
Shipping performed in association with
WE GUARANTEE YOUR ACQUISITION
Investing in antiques is always a nice way to profitable your money. Many collectors have became millionairs. If you are starting a collection, follow these important tips:
- If you want to invest in antiques, always choose original pieces and avoid reproductions. A reproduction loses half of its value in the same minute that you are purchasing it, while an original antique gains value each passing day. This is an original antique and its value will continue growing tomorrow.
- Read and learn about for area of interest: swords, clocks, phonographs, antique photos, old silver, technical antiques, typewriters... Invest in books as much as in your collection and learn as much as you can. If you keep your collecction catalogued, you will increase its value.
- Keep yourself informed about the market prices in your area of interest. There are many sources but mainly, visit as many fairs as you can, research in the Internet and read the final sales prices in the traditional sale houses.
- Finally... Collect antiques, not junk. It is always better a small collection with excellent pieces than a huge collection of junk, rusty irons and broken machines. Select your pieces. There is not a goal to reach, so take the pleasure in in the process of your treasure hunting. A collection should be something to enjoy, and there is many interesting pieces out there and very few time to enjoy them, so be selective with your choices.
If you follow these simple steps you will be in the correct direction to develop an excellent collection, whatever is your area of interest and, for me the most important of all, enjoying the process
Meanwhile, we are in touch.
WE ARE HERE
View Larger Map
This item has been shown 0 times.
Sweden. Royal Order Of Vasa. Solid 18 K Gold. Commander’s Cross. Circa 1900: $1,347