Swiss Army Ranger Volcano Stove Mess Kit Canteen Cooker
This item has been shown 0 times.
Swiss Army Ranger Volcano Stove Mess Kit Canteen Cooker:
Swiss Army Issued Ranger Volcano Mess Kit
This vintage Swiss Ranger Volcano Stove Set, constructed of lightweight aluminum, weighting 15oz, includes an insulated bottle with cork lid, winged handle canteen cup and winged handle vented stove. Place a fuel source such as Trioxanne (MGR-826) or WetFire Tinder (CAMP-221) in the stove and heat the bottle or cup to warm liquids, MRE's, or soup. These are a must have for all emergency kits.
Canteen flask holds just short of 1 liter or about 32 fl oz., cup holds more than 16 fl. oz and fit ontop of stove for cooking, conveniently portable at 10.75" tall and 3.5" wide, this canteen cooker can be taken anywhere. This can be used as a canteen and a cooking stove with wind protection.
-New Unused Swiss army issue volcano stove/cooker, surplus condition grade II un-used*
- Use solid fuel, Hexi or Gel to run
- Lightweight aluminum mess kit for backpacking
- Corked flask fits into stove and cup snaps on top of kit to keep water from leaking
- Flask approx 1 litre
- Cup fits on top of stove for cooking
- Fold back handles on cup
- Height when packed 26cm approx
- Width 10cm at widest
- Great for non gas festival cooking, camping, fishing, Photos are for demo purposes.
Opening it up is to pull the wire handle down away from the cup (swiveling support on the handle fits into the little notch on the body of the stove);remove the cup and unfold the handle-halves on it;pull out the cork-stoppered canteen.
The cutout at the bottom and the ventilation holes create a stove known as a "volcano", "chimney", or "hobo" stove. You can use triox fuel tabs in it, or better yet, you can use sticks lying around to fuel it. The chimney effect makes fire quite well. The cup fits nicely into the opening at the top of the stove and making water-boiling or soup making a snap. Rolling up a gallon-sized ziplock bag and sticking it into the canteen makes water, pour an amount of the water into the cup. Boil it, and transfer the purified water to the canteen. Repeat until canteen is filled.
Surplus Condition Remarks
Grade I – like new to excellent condition.
Grade II – Used in good condition, may show minor use.
Grade III – Used in fair condition, will show normal wear and tear from daily use.
Generally, Fusion Gear accepts the following forms of bank credit card (visa/mastercard/debit bank transfers/direct deposit
- Free postage for order value over $200 (local OZ buyers Postage quoted is to be sent by registered mail inclusive of insurance (within OZ), unless express mail Do combine multi-item to save on postage, simply request for invoice once For all international buyers, insurance is highly recommended at cost. All uninsured orders will be shipped at your own risk that Fusion Gear is not responsible for any loss or damage in transition as such.
WARRANTY & RETURN
- FUSION GEAR endeavours to have replacement without charges in case where the goods arrive non-functional to the Buyer. The Buyer is obliged to notify FUSION GEAR of the intended replacement at first place. Fusion Gear will send the replacement to the Buyer within 7 days upon receipt of the faulty goods returned in good order that are not exhibited damage or non-functional as a result of use, which means no scratches, dents, chips, cracks or missing components. The Buyer shall ensure all items returned appropriately packed with original package in whole including all original components and accessories if any.
- More detailed information can be found at “Shipment/Return” at store front-page