True To Original Design Wwii Flying Tigers Avg Blood Chit Cbi Theater Insignia
This item has been shown times.
True To Original Design Wwii Flying Tigers Avg Blood Chit Cbi Theater Insignia :
Pin 'n Patch Military
DESCRIPTIONThis is a WWII US ARMY AIR FORCE USAAF AVG FLYING TIGERS CHINA BURMA INDIA CBI THEATER blood CHIT. CBI blood CHIt size: 7.75" (W) X 9.5" (H). Screen print on 100% cotton, with correct stamp andserial numbers (or you can customize your own four digit number, please ask for details.)Fine reproduction from the original design spec. Please see the original blood Chit from theperiod on the second scan and see the details.The original item was printed silk, the repo is made from 100% cotton. New item, sealed in poly bag.
WATCH OUT FOR CHEAP COPIES, THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS.
The “Flying Tigers” (Traditional Chinese: 飛虎隊; Simplified Chinese: 飞虎队; Pinyin: Fēi Hǔ Duì; Japanese: フライング・タイガース) was the nickname of the American Volunteer Group, a group of USAAF, USN and USMC pilots recruited under a secret Presidential sanction by Claire Chennault, that formed a fighter group with three squadrons that trained in China and defended the Burma supply line to China prior to the American entry into World War II to fight against Japanese forces.
The AVG did not see combat until December 20, 1941, thirteen days after Pearl Harbor. The Flying Tigers achieved notable success against the forces of Japan during the lowest period of the war for American forces, and gave hope to Americans that they would eventually succeed against the Japanese. The Flying Tigers were credited for destroying almost 300 aircraft with a loss of only twelve of their own in combat. After the dissolution of the AVG in mid-1942 and absorption into the USAAF, the name was applied to its successor military unit, the 23rd Fighter Group, and more broadly to the China Air Task Force and the U.S. 14th Air Force. The shark-faced fighters remain among the most recognizable of any individual combat unit of WWII, and they demonstrated innovative tactical victories when the news in the USA were filled with little more than stories of defeat after defeat at the hands of the Japanese forces at the start of WWII.
In the Second Sino-Japanese War prior to World War II, foreign volunteer pilots of Flying Tigers carried notices printed in Chinese that informed the locals that this foreign pilot was fighting for China and they were obliged to help them. A text from one such blood chit read as follows:
"I am an American airman. My plane is destroyed. I cannot speak your language. I am an enemy of the Japanese. Please give me food and take me to the nearest Allied military post. You will be rewarded."
When the USA officially joined the war in 1941, flight crew survival kits included blood chits printed in 50 different languages that sported a US Flag and promised a reward for a safe return of a pilot. The kit might also include gifts like gold coins, maps or sewing needles. Many US flight crews that flew over Asia had their "blood chit" sewn to the back of their flight jackets. Some units just added the blood chit to the flight suit when others gave the blood chit only for the specific flights in exchange of personal belongings.
US pilots have carried blood chits in the Korean and Vietnam Wars and in every armed conflict since. The modern version also includes some money
The item will make a great addition to yourAVG FLYING TIGERScollection. You find onlyBuy-it-Nowitems here Please CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE GREAT ITEMS. Most items have in my store.
- Visa, MasterCard via PayPal.
- US DOMESTIC SHIPPING: $2.99 S/H for the firstblood Chit, please add $0 for each additional patch you ordered from my storefor combined shipping. FREE shipping codeis not applicable.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: $3.99 S/H for the first blood Chit to Canada, Japan, and most European countries. Please ask questions beforeofferding.
- COMBINEDSHIPPING: Please ask for combined invoice so we can combine your orders from my store and save your S/H$. No combined shipping for 99c items.
- BUBBLE-MILLER is always used. All order shipped within 24-hrs after payment clears.
- INSURANCE is suggested, buyer pays $0.65, 1/2 the actual cost of $1.30 charged by the USPS. Any items lost in the mail or damaged will be the buyers responsibility if insurance is not purchased. The insurance also covers fraudulent charge-backs filed by dishonest buyers. It is the dishonest action of a few that adds cost to all others.
- YOUR offer: Your offer is a binding contract. Please understand that the S/H charge involves a lot more than just the postage.
- FEED BACKS: We work very hard to make a honest income on . Things happen and human error occurs, so we will work double time to correct any problem that may have happened. We will not stop working with you untill you are 100% satisfied. Please do contact us before you leave any permanent mark on our record.
- 7-day, no-question asked, returning policy.
- NO refund on the shipping charges.
- response done after customer is 100% satisfied, your response favor will be returned, 100%.
- Questions? please e-mail: Ask seller a question