The Franklin Mint Miniature Clock Set Of 12 Mini Clocks For Sale<div style="text-decoration:none" target="_blank"><img height="23px" valign="middle" align="center"><font face="arial"
The Franklin Mint Miniature Clock Set of 12 Mini Clocks
ESTATE FIND: This is a set of 12 miniature clocks made by The Franklin Mint. I purchased these at an estate sale and I know nothing about these. 10 of the clocks are in perfect, mint condition. The Grandfather clock has a piece missing from the top and the Gothic clock -in the 4th picture- has come apart and I don't know how it goes together. There was also a package of 22 button batteries that I will include with the clocks. Since I don't know anything about these, I looked up the information below:
A COMPLETE SET OF 1988 FRANKLIN MINT"COLLECTOR'S TREASURY OF CLOCKS" 12 MINIATURE CLOCKS TOTAL.
THIS IS THE FIRST COLLECTION EVER PRESENTED BY THE INTERNATIONAL AUTHORITY ON THE ART AND HISTORY OF CLOCK MAKING. TWELVE PRECISION SCALE RE-CREATIONS THAT ACTUALLY WORK AS FUNCTIONAL TIMEPIECES AUTHENTICALLY HANDCRAFTED IN HARDWOOD AND BRASS, PORCELAIN AND GOLD.
EACH CLOCK IN THIS COLLECTION HAS BEEN SELECTED BY THE INTERNATIONALMUSEUM OF HOROLOGY IN SWITZERLAND, THE WORLD AUTHORITY ON THE ART AND HISTORY OF SIGNIFICANT TIMEPIECES. FOUNDED NEARLY A CENTURY AGO, THE MUSEUM IS WORLD-RENOWNED FOR ITS INCOMPARABLE COLLECTION COMPRISING THOUSANDS OF UNIQUE WATCHES AND CLOCKS. THE MUSEUM'S CURATORS HAVE ALSO AMASSED A WEALTH OF SCHOLARLY MATERIAL TRACING THE DEVELOPMENT OF CLOCK DESIGN THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND IN EVERY PERIOD OF MODERN HISTORY.
1. 17TH CENTURY ENGLISH LANTERN CLOCK-(BRASS HAND FINISHED PATINA)
2. 1875 VICTORIAN MANTEL CLOCK-(INTRICATELY SCULPTURED DETAILS)
3. 1750-1850 EMPIRE CARRIAGE CLOCK- (SOLID BRASS
4. 18TH CENTURY LOUIS XV LYRE CLOCK-(DELICATELY RE-CREATED IN PORCELAIN DECORATED IN 24 KARAT GOLD)
5. 1820-1870 FEDERAL BANJO CLOCK-(HAND FINISHED HARDWOOD CASE ENHANCED WITH PURE 24 KARAT GOLD)
6. 18TH CENTURY CHINOISERIE BRACKET CLOCK-(HAND DECORATED WOOD CASEIN CHINESE STYLE) HAND DECORATION
7. 1830-1870 GOTHIC STEEPLE CLOCK-(TURNED COLUMN DETAILS IN HAND FINISHED HARDWOOD)
8. 1750 FRENCHROCOCO CLOCK-(GRACEFUL DESIGN GILDED IN 24 KARAT GOLD)
9. PALLADIAN MANTEL CLOCK-(MARBLE-LIKE COLUMNS 24 KARAT GOLD ELECTROPLATE EMBELLISHING THE FEET, LIONS HEADS AND BEZEL ENCIRCLING THE CLOCK FACE)
10. 1750 COLONIAL GRANDFATHER CLOCK-(HAND FINISHED HARDWOOD CASE)
11. FEDERAL SHELF CLOCK - (PLANTATION SCENE AND TURNED COLUMN DETAIL AND HAND FINISHED HARDWOOD CASE)
12. LOUIS V CARTE (DELICATELY RECREATED IN PORCELAIN WITH 24 KARAT GOLD TRIM)
These weigh over 5 pounds in the box, so please check both listed methods of shipping to see which will cost you less in your area. Handling fee is for insurance.
Please see the pictures of this great collector find; you will love these! interesting lot!!!Payment is due within 3 days of the end of the sale. I try to describe items as accurately as possible. Please ask questions before the end of the sale.
This item has been shown 0 times.