The Pictorial Family Holy Bible Antique Book 1892 American Wringer Co New York O
This item has been shown 0 times.
The Pictorial Family Holy Bible Antique Book 1892 American Wringer Co New York O:
- The Holy Bible Antique Book - Pictorial Family Bible - Large Size
- Hardcover - Published by The American Wringer Co. in New York
- Copyright date is 1892 - However, the presentation page at the beginning of the book is stamped with the numbers "19__," in order for the date to be filled in - So this was probably published in the early 1900's
- Self-Pronouncing Edition in which all the proper names are divided, accented, and marked with the vowel sounds, showing how they should be pronounced - Containing the King James and the revised versions of the Old and New Testaments, arranged in parallel columns - The text conformable to that of the universities of Oxford and Cambridge with a complete concordance and the the Psalms of David in Metre - Copious marginal references, chronological tables, and many important and valuable aids to the study of the Holy scriptures
- Furthermore, contains a comprehensive and critical history of all the books of the Bible (including numerous maps); a comprehensive and critical description of The Israelitish Tabernacle and its sacred furniture; story of the old testament heroes, embracing the patriarchs, prophets and kings, with scenes and events in the lives of the principal characters of the Holy scriptures; natural history of the bible containing descriptions of the animals, birds, insects and reptiles that are mentioned in the holy scriptures; illustrations and descriptions of ancient money; captivating Bible stories for the young; dictionary of the Bible; gallery of scripture illustrations and more!
- The "Birth/Death/Marriage" section in the middle of the book is largely unfilled - There are no marriage dates written, 1 death date written without a name, and 6 birth dates written, all belonging to the "Hartline" family, from the late 1800's to the early 1900's
- Profusely illustrated in both black & white and color
- A section is included in the back of the book for family photographs - However, no photographs are included
- A few pieces of papers and flowers/leaves/plants have been tucked between the pages of the book by a previous owner as mementos
- The top and bottom edges of the covers are gilded in gold color
- The covers are made of leather, and are heavily embossed and ornate - They are heavily decorated with intricate and detailed scenes from the Bible, and are gilded in gold color
- The metal locks are complete and unbroken
- 12 1/2" Tall x 10 3/4" Wide x 4 7/8" Thick
- Used.Some light scratches, scuffs & tiny discoloration spots on the covers
- Binding is mostly strong & intact - no pages seem to be missing - However, the front cover is starting to become a little separated from the rest of the book - Furthermore, two pages are torn from the binding in the back appendix section of the book, which prints the psalms in order - These pages are included and are not missing from the book
- General surface and edge wear to the leather covers, from age and handling
- The seam where the front cover is attached to the spine is split 1 1/4" from the top and 3 1/2" from the bottom
- There is a 2 1/4" margin tear on the surface covering on the bottom edge of the spine
- Some light crimps on the pages from handling
- A few bends and folds on some of the pages
- A few mementos plants/flowers/leaves were tucked between the pages by a previous owner - This has caused some light discoloration on these pages
- Some small margin tears
- Some writing in the middle section of the book in pen
- Some light discoloration spots/browning/foxing on the pages from age
- The metal locks are complete and unbroken - Some very light tarnish from age
- Overall good condition
- We are happy to combine shipping on multiple purchases!
- Thank you! Stock #14lb3OOP25S15-160717
Auctiva Offers Free Image Hosting and Editing.
The complete Selling Solution.