Usb Four(4) Relay Module,board For Home Automation
This item has been shown 47342 times.
Usb Four(4) Relay Module,board For Home Automation:
USB Four Channel Relay Board for your Project
This is USB controlled relay board with 4 SPDT relays. You may use it for simple ON/OFF switching electrical devices - home lights, DC motors, solenoids and others. It may help you building projects like robotics and home automation. Each such relay board requires one USB port. The more USB ports you have the more Relay boards you may connect. You may use it with our software - DRM (universal software for all our relay boards) or control with simple commands from command line promt. If you are software developer and need software example, please contact with us.
- High quality
- 4 SPDT Relay channels:
- RAS-05-15 (10A / 250VAC, 15A / 120VAC, 15A / 24VDC)
- PCB parameters: FR4 / 1.5mm / two layers / metalized holes / HAL / white stamp / solder mask / еxtra PCB openings for better voltage isolation / doubled high voltage tracks
- Power supply: from USB port
- Current consumption: 400 mA
- Chip: FT245RL. Datasheet - here
- Power led: Yes
- Relay leds: Yes
- Size: 77mm x 56mm x 17mm
- Supported by DRM software (Windows and Linux): Yes
- Supported by Denkovi Command line tool (Windows, Linux): Yes
- Android software available (low cost but very useful): Yes - New
- Software examples - here
- Documentation: here
The sale includes
- 1 x USB Four Channel Relay Board
- DRM Software - Denkovi Relay Manager Software. CD is not included in the package but the software is available for download from this link
- Home automation
- Open doors and windows via PC
- Aquariums applications
- High quality
- Low cost
- No extra power supply
- Free software with many functions
- Control electrical devices according weekday/date/time
- Create timers or pulses with our software
- Software examples
This is relay board with 4 SPDT Relays controlled from USB port of your computer. The main purpouse of this USB relay module is to help you building projects regarding robotics and home automation (domotic). You may control differenet electrical devices like home lights, DC motors, pneumatic cylinders, lasers and so on. Each such board requires one USB port. The more USB ports you have the more such relay units you may connect and control.
Each such usb relay board is shown as separate virtual com port (VCP) on your PC. The relay module outputs are controlled by FT245RL. It has 8 bit data output register (this device use only 4 of them). When data is sent to the register the outputs are set. If you are software developer - be sure "Synchronous Bit-Bang Mode" is selected! FTDI provides Bit-Bang Mode documentation. See this. The usb relay card can not be controlled directly via COM port - you need to download our DRM Software to control the device. The usb relay unit can not work without PC. Only one such device can be supplied from single USB port. If you want to supply many such devices you need USB HUB with extra power supply.
Denkovi Relay Manager (DRM) is multiplatform software for easy controlling all kinds of Denkovi relay boards (USB,SNMP,TCP/IP)
CAUTION! Using of Denkovi Relay Manager (DRM) Software with devices which are not manufactured by Denkovi Assembly Electronics LTD is not allowed!
The item is supported by DRM Software. DRM Software will hep you to save money for expensive software and time in programming. It allows you to switch ON/OFF your devices at particular date and time, turn ON/OFF the relays with pulses or control them via specific sequence. If you have ordered at least one of our relay boards from this list you may turn your PC in powerful automation tool.
- Multiplatform software: supported by Windows/Linux (ver. 2.0)
- Control up to 32 relay boards
- User-friendly intuitive interface
- Save/Load file
- Control mode: single and multiple setting of the relays
- Single pulse with adjustable delay from the control mode (ver. 2.0)
- Timer mode: create timer playlist for the relays
- Weekly mode: each relay may be turned ON/OFF on each day of the week
- Calendar mode: each relay may be turned ON/OFF on particular date at particular time
- Pulse mode: each relay may work in pulse mode by setting duration for ON and duration for OFF. Adjustable number of pulses (ver. 2.0)
- Each relay from each relay board can work independently in some of the five modes
- Each relay board and each relay can be named by the user
- Indicator panel
- Auto load function - the last working file is loaded when DRM is started
- Auto connect function - when the relay board is disconnected DRM will keep trying to find and when this is done, the relay board will be connected again
- Auto start function - DRM software starts when the OS starts (currently this is not available for Windows 8 and Linux)
- Auto set function - DRM will set the relays automatically when the relay board is connected
- Possibility of DRM to starts when PC boots and continues to work from the last saved point
- For more information about DRM Software, screen-shots, detailed description and download - here
Denkovi Relay Command Line Tool
The main goal of this project is to help you to use our USB relay boards easily and without any specific knowledge how do they work. This tool is actually shell for all our USB relay boards and it does not matter which is the relay board, the command is the same. Just type one command and the the tool will set, get relay status or even will take temperature value from the board sensor (if any). It can be integrated in other software and you don't need to know much about how the USB relay board protocol. With this tool it is like a "game" and it takes literaly minutes to create for example PHP script and control the USB relay board from smartphone browser.
Typical applications for this software are:
- Create desktop icons to turn particular relays
- Create BAT/BASH files to make more complex logic (like timers for example)
- The commands can be executed from PHP script
- Control our USB relay boards from Android / iPhone mobile devices
- The USB relays can be controlled from each software/platform which can run external executable files or commands in command line promt
LIST COMMAND - lists all devices connected to computer.
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar list
STATUS COMMAND - display relay(s) status(es).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar DAE0006K 4 2 status
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar DAE0006K 4 all status
SET COMMAND - set relay(s) state(s).
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar DAE0006K 4 2 1
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar DAE0006K 4 all 0
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar DAE0006K 4 turn 1110
TIMER COMMAND - exectues time-critical operations. Well known fact is that every time when we run the command line tool the jvm is runned and this takes significant time. Many users contacted us with requests to execute timer commands for time-critical operations. That's why we added such command. It can perform single pulse, many pulses and even cycles with more complex sequences of pulses and every pulse can be with different time (in miliseconds). Please note the state bits must be equal to the relay numer!
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar id=1 4 timer 1,1111,10,0000,50,1111,25 //makes all relays ON for 10ms, all OFF for 50ms and all ON for 25ms
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar id=1 8 timer 5,11111111,10,00000000,100 //makes all relays ON for 10ms and all OFF for 100ms - 5 times
java -jar DenkoviRelayCommandLineTool.jar id=1 16 timer //makes first relay ON for 10ms and OFF for 1sec - 5 times
For more information - here
For download - here
Windows: tested on XP, Vista, 7 and 8
Linux: tested on Ubuntu and OpenSuse
DAE USB Relays for Android
This is a low cost but very useful android application developed by iSwicth, LLC. The device is supported by this app and at the moment you can control up to 5 devices at a time with a single phone. Please note that an additional USB hub is necessary.
- General links
- Product documentation - here
- FTDI web page - here
- FTDI drivers page - here
- FT245RL page - here
- FTDI official page with source code examples - here
- FT245RL documentation - here
- Programming guide for FT245RL - here
- FT245RL Bit Bang Mode - here
- How to control inductive loads with relay boards - here
- Software by Denkovi
- DRM Software - software for controlling relays - here
- USB 8 Relay Manager - USB8RelayManager.exe
- Denkovi JExtraPack - DenkoviJExtraPack.exe
- Denkovi Relay Command Line - here
- Third parity software
- DAE USB Relays app for Android - here
- Some of the source code demos are not public, and the download links will be sent to your email after purchase or by request.
- Delphi Lazarus - example how to set the status of the relays.
- QT C++ - windows example how to set and read the status of the relays.
- JAVA - Example how to set/get the relays and I/O status.
- VB 6 - Example how to set the relays
- .NET (Visual Basic, C#, C++) - Example how to set the relays
- LabVIEW 2011 (screen) - Example how to set and read the status of the relays. (The FTDI functions work on LabVIEW ver >7.0). For download please contact us.
- Freedomotic plugin source code for this device
- drcontrol - a command utility written in Python and uses the pylibftdi. Author: Sebastian Sjoholm (email@example.com)
- Python example soure code for Windows (Thanks Peter Bingham - p.bingham at camlintechnologies dot com)
- More software examples: here
Please read before buy!