Uss Kitty Hawk Cva 63 1961 First Cruise Book On Cd
This item has been shown 1549 times.
Uss Kitty Hawk Cva 63 1961 First Cruise Book On Cd:
USS Kitty Hawk CVA 64
29 April - 1 Nov 1961First Cruise Book
"Around the Horn"
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
Agreatpart of Naval history.
You would be purchasingthe USSKitty Hawk CVA 63 cruise book during this time period. Each pagehas been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CDcomesin a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell fora hundred dollarsor morewhen buying the actual hard copy if you canfind one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members tohave a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of theitems in this book are as follows:
- Some Ports of Call:Philadelphia, Norfolk, Guantanamo, Trinidad, Rio de Janeiro, Chile, Peru, San Diego and San Francisco.
- Carrier Air Group 11 - VAH13, VA113, VA15, Attack squadron 115, VF142, VFP63 and HU1
- Equator Crossing Ceremonies
- Commissioning the Ship
- Flight Operations
- Dependents Day Cruise
- Many Shipboard Crew Activity Photos
- Plus Much
Over447Photos onApproximately212 Pages.
Once you view thisbook you willknow what life was like onthisAircraft Carrierduring this time period.
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Why aCD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch aslide show. (You set the timing options)
- Back groundpatriotic music and Navysoundscan be turned on or off.
- Viewing options aredescribed in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better thana hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewingslide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
The cruise book CD is a great inexpensive way of preserving historical family heritage for yourself, children or grand children especially if you or a loved one has served aboard the ship. It is a way to get connected with the past especially if you no longer have the human connection.
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. It's a nice way to show them that you care about their past and appreciate the sacrifice they and many others made for you and the FREEDOM of our country. Would also be great for school research projects or just self interest in World War II documentation.
We never knew what life was like for a sailor in World War II untilwe started taking an interest in these great books. We found pictures which we never knew existed of a relative who served on the USS Essex CV 9 during World War II. He passed away at a very young age and we never got a chance to hear many of his stories. Somehow by viewing his cruise book which we never saw until recently has reconnected the family with his legacy and Naval heritage. Even if we did not find the pictures in the cruise book it was a great way to see what life was like for him. We now consider these to be family treasures. His children, grand children and great grand children can always be connected to him in some smallway which they can be proud of. This is what motivates and drivesus to do the research and development of these great cruise books. I hope you can experience the same thing for your family.
If you have any questionsplease send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.
Buyer pays shipping and handling. Shipping chargesoutside the US will vary by location.
Checkour response.Customers who have purchased these CD's have been very pleased with the product.
Be sure to addus to your favorites list!
Thanks for your Interest!
This CD is for your personal use only
Copyright © 2003-2010Great Naval Images LLC.All rights reserved.