Uss Wisconsin Bb 64 Cruise Book Log Wwii Cd Rare For Sale
USSWisconsin BB 64
1943 - 1947
World War II (First Cruise Book)
(Very Rare Find)
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
Agreatpart of Naval history. (Most Sailors consider the cruise book one of their most valued treasures)
You would be purchasingthe USSWisconsin BB 64 cruise book during theWorld War IIera and shortly after. Each pagehas been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CDcomesin a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell forhundreds of dollarswhen buying the actual hard copy if you canfind one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members tohave a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of theitems in this book are as follows:
- Divisional Group Photos
- Flag and Commanding Officers
- Underway from Philadelphia Navy Yard
- Panama Canal Crossing
- War Operations andEngagements
- Copy of the Victory Dinner Menu
- Inspections, Recreation and Sports
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- South American Cruise (October 1946)
- Crossing the Equator Ceremony
- Plus much more
Over251 photos and the ships story told on97 pages.
Once you view this CD you willknow what life was like onthisBattleship during the World War II era.
- Several Additional Images of theUSS WisconsinBB 64 (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio"American Radio Mobilizes the Homefront" WWII (National Archives)
- 22 Minute Audio "Allied Turncoats Broadcast for the Axis Powers" WWII (National Archives)
- Audio - "Announcement of the Attack on Pearl Harbor" WWII (National Archives)
- Audio - "Japanese Surrender Victory Celebration WWII (National Archives)
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
- 25Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
Why aCD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch aslide show. (You set the timing options)
- Back groundpatriotic music and Navysoundscan be turned on or off.
- Viewing options aredescribed in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better thana hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewingslide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
The cruise book CD is a great inexpensive way of preserving historical family heritage for yourself, children or grand children especially if you or a loved one has served aboard the ship. It is a way to get connected with the past especially if you no longer have the human connection.
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. It's a nice way to show them that you care about their past and appreciate the sacrifice they and many others made for you and the FREEDOM of our country. Would also be great for school research projects or just self interest in Navy Ship documentation.
We never knew what life was like for a sailor in World War II untilwe started taking an interest in these great books. We found pictures which we never knew existed of a relative who served on the USS Essex CV 9 during World War II. He passed away at a very young age and we never got a chance to hear many of his stories. Somehow by viewing his cruise book which we never saw until recently has reconnected the family with his legacy and Naval heritage. Even if we did not find the pictures in the cruise book it was a great way to see what life was like for him. We now consider these to be family treasures. His children, grand children and great grand children can always be connected to him in some smallway which they can be proud of. This is what motivates and drivesus to do the research and development of these great cruise books. I hope you can experience the same thing for your family.
If you have any questionsplease send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.
Buyer pays shipping and handling. Shipping chargesoutside the US will vary by location.
Checkour response.Customers who have purchased these CD's have been very pleased with the product.
Be sure to addus to your favorites list!
Thank Youfor your Interest!
This CD is for your personal use only
Copyright © 2003-2010Great Naval Images LLC.All rights reserved.
This item has been shown 1073 times.