Ultra Rare Franklin Delano Roosevelt Lithograph Litho 1933 Cc Beall 15x10.75" For Sale
For sale is an exquisite piece of American History...
direct from the Great Depression--
a wonderful lithograph of Franklin Delano Roosevelt
by renowned artist Cecil "CC" Beall
printed by Einson-Freeman Litho Co.Inc.
From my research, I have gathered that CC Beall was commissioned to create such a piece for Collier's Magazine, where it was featured on the front cover of their March, 1933 issue.
This particular piece was acquired from an estate where it was found in the rafters of a garage in the frame which I believe to be period-original. As you can see from the photos, the shape of the frame is not the best but it remains functional. The poster itself, which measures roughly 15x10.75,"shows some minor signs of wearbut colors appear vibrant(see pictures, ask questions and I will answer to the best of my ability, I am neither anart appraiser or expert). I have NOT attempted to remove the back of the frame. I don't know if there is anything behind the poster besides for what appears to be wallpaper (see the hole in the back of the wooden backing.) The frame measures approximately 18.75x14.75"
This lithograph will come in this frame, and I will not remove it at any point from the frame.
As I said, I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. If you are an art expert and/or appraiser and have any additional information, it would be greatly appreciated.
The lithograph features a fascimile of Franklin D. Roosevelt's signature in a banner,
Signed "© C.C. beall. '33"
Under the banner, it reads:
"BORN JANUARY 30, 1882. 32nd PRESDIENT OF THE UNITED STATES. INAGURATED MARCH 4, 1933.
Find WHAT ROOSEVELT MEANS TO THE U. S. A. in this Picture
1. ELIMINATION OF CHILD LABOR (see nose and 7. THE NEW DAWN (see his forehead).
2. RIGHTS OF LABOR (see his right 8. CONSERVATION OF WATER SUPPLY (see his left forehead).
3. OPPORTUNITY FOR FARMER (see his right 9. REVIVAL OF INDUSTRY (see his left temple).
4. OLD AGE PENSIONS (see his right 10. INCREASED PURCHASING POWER (see his left eye).
5. BIGGER NAVY AND REFORESTATION (see hair on right side of his head). 11. BETTER INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (see Flags under his chin).
6. WOUNDED VETERAN RELIEF (see his right ear). 12. RENEWED PROSPERITY (see horn of plenty).
13. THE FORGOTTEN MAN (see his right shoulder).
LITHO IN U.S.A. EINSON-FREEMAN CO. INC. L. I. CITY N. Y."
Sorry, but we cannot ship outside the United States.
Please ask any questions you may have prior to offerding.
Thanks for offerding and have a great day!
Posted with Mobile
This item has been shown 0 times.