Unusual 1800's Victorian Carved Coquilla Nut Flea Trap ~ No Reserve
This item has been shown 0 times.
Unusual 1800's Victorian Carved Coquilla Nut Flea Trap ~ No Reserve:
Unusual 1800's Victorian Carved Coquilla Nut Flea Trap ~
Offered for sale is this unusual, Victorian, intricately carved, Coquilla Nut, Flea Trap. Carved from Brazilian Coquilla Nut in approx 1870's.This flea trap is of bottle shape, and is of a reasonable size, so would probably have been used within the bed covers. In the 18th & 19th century, flea traps were often filled with a few drops of blood honey or resin, [depending on your wealth]. Supposedly fleas would be attracted by the blood, enter through the holes and get stuck in the honey or resin. Normally you see the egg shaped ones, this shape is quite unusual. Measures 4 inches in length approx. This is one ot two flea traps being listed this week. Unscrews for access, in reasonable order, there is some wear and cracking within the nut, which is normal for nut. There are several openings/splits, some nics and nibbles in places. Lovely Patin, a very unusual item.
Please see photos. Offered for Sale with !!
Please view photos carefully, if any clarification is needed please email. Photos are as acurate as possible, but please note the size is noted in the listing and the items are not the actual size as the photos. Also due to monitor resolutions, there may be variation in colour. Items are always securely packed and posted as soon as possible.
- Items will be well packed and posted promptly, where the value is greater than £50.00 a registered post will be required.
- Due to the weight of some items, these will be sent by courier. Details will be in the listing.
- ~ OVERSEAS BUYERS ~ IF POSTAGE COST IS NOT LISTED IN DESCRIPTION PLEASE EMAIL, PRIOR TO offerDING. Also please noteI CAN ONLY ACCEPT PAYMENT BY PAYPAL,OR IBAN BANK TRANSFERS [ON REQUEST], ALL PAYMENT MUST BE IN £'S STERLING.
- UK buyers, payment by paypal, cheque, or postal order.
- EMAIL CONTACT TO BE MADE IN 2 DAYS - PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM CLOSE OF sale. If not Automatic Non Paying buyer Forms Filed and GOODS MAY BE RELISTED