Vintage 1930's Carryman Selvedge Denim Chore Work Jacket Union Label
This item has been shown 0 times.
Vintage 1930's Carryman Selvedge Denim Chore Work Jacket Union Label:
Up for sale is a nice 1930s selvedge denim work wear jacket with union label. Photos 1 through 3 show the correct color of the jacket.
- Company Label: The company label has some fraying but appears to say Carryman (see photo 7).
- Union Label: The union label has some fading but you can make out the lines (see photo 7 and compare with image 8 of drawing of a 1930s union label). Picture 9 shows the bottom front of the jacket where the union label is located.
- Denim Weave: The denim has a nice slightly irregular shuttle weave (see picture 2 and picture 10 for the reverse side). It is a lighter weight than denim jeans from the same era. It appears to be washed very little. Two sides of the front of the jacket have a nice red-pink selvedge stripe (see photos 2, 3, and 4). The pockets also have one selvedge stripe each inside (see photo 5)
- Great Buttons: The buttons are in amazing condition. There are four buttons on the front and one on each cuff. The third button down on the front and the right sleeve button have a little bit of rust starting but really in remarkable shape (see photo 6).
- Stitching: The white cotton stitching appears to be done with a single needle in several places, indicating it could be older than 1930s. Very honest, straightforward stitching.
I will be posting some other great vintage items, so check my postings. Payment must be received within three (3) days of sale close. All sales are final. Good luck and happy offerding!