Vintage 1930s Ystad Metall Brass Vase Machine Age Art Deco Swedish Modern Design For SaleHERE’S A RARE ORIGINAL VINTAGE 1930S ART DECO / MACHINE AGE BRASS ”BALL & CYLINDER” VASE PRODUCED BY YSTAD METALL OF SWEDEN!
Measuring eight inches (8”) in height, three and an eighth inches (3 1/8”) inches across the top at its widest point, and two and a half inches (2 ½”) in diameter across the base, this rare original vintage nineteen thirties modernist brass vase is made from four segments that were hand-soldered to form the complete vase. To this end, the ball-shaped body is actually two sections hand-soldered at its midpoint, and then the top and base are separate segments that were hand-soldered to the body.
This Machine Age / Art Deco brass vase displays very clean and pure geometric lines, from the domed circular base to the spherical ball-shaped body to the flared tubular top – essentially a bold geometric form made up of conical cylinders and circles!
The vase is marked "THE-KONST YSTAD MADE IN SWEDEN" (see photos above).
Ystad Metall was a company located in Ystad, Sweden, that employed many important designers during the 1920s through the 1960s. Perhaps the most prolific Ystad Metall designer was Ivar Alenius-Bjork, whose more significant designs were created during the 1930s. Several of Alenius-Bjork’s designs for Ystad Metall can be seen in the book “Swedish Arts And Crafts: Swedish Modern – A Movement Towards Sanity In Design.” This book was published in conjunction with the 1939 New York World’s Fair where Ystad Metall displayed a wide selection of their modern brass and pewter objects.
Condition: This vase is in good toward very good and clean condition with its original patina. There is some variation to the patina as well as several small markings and minor surface scratches. And there are three (3) small shallow dents about midway on the spherical body. Overall, this is still a decent/very decent example of original vintage 1930s Scandinavian Functionalism / Swedish Machine Age / Art Deco Modernism.
Domestic buyer pays calculated shipping for secure packing and USPS priority within the United States.
Selected International buyer pays calculated shipping depending on country. (International shipping is “only” available to: United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Japan, Israel, and New Zealand. If you are "not located" in one of these countries, please do not offer without contacting me for approval. Thank you.)
!!! TERMS & CONDITIONS OF offerDING ON THIS sale !!!
1) COMMUNICATION FROM THE WINNING buyer IS ESSENTIAL -- PLEASE CONTACT ME WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THE sale, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLETE YOUR PAYMENT DURING THIS TIME PERIOD! THANK YOU!
2) THERE IS A SHIPPING COST STIPULATED IN THE sale DESCRIPTION FOR BOTH DOMESTIC WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING TO SELECTED COUNTRIES (PLEASE SEE ITEM #3).
3) BECAUSE OF TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OVERSEAS SHIPMENTS, I “ONLY” SHIP TO SELECTED INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES, WHICH INCLUDE: UNITED KINGDOM, CANADA, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, FRANCE, BELGIUM, NETHERLANDS, SWITZERLAND, SPAIN, DENMARK, SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY, JAPAN, ISRAEL, AND NEW ZEALAND. IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THESE COUNTRIES, PLEASE DO NOT offer WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FOR APPROVAL. THANK YOU.
4) ALL DOMESTIC PACKAGES ARE SHIPPED VIA “USPS” MEDIA MAIL / BOOKRATE WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION UNLESS ANOTHER SHIPPING METHOD IS REQUESTED.
5) ALL INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES ARE SHIPPED VIA “USPS” PRIORITY WITH PROOF OF DELIVERY RECEIPTS.
6) ***IMPORTANT*** THE "DELIVERY CONFIRMATION" RECEIPTS AND "PROOF OF MAILING" RECEIPTS ARE MY WAY OF PROVING THAT A PACKAGE HAS BEEN SHIPPED.
7) COMBINED SHIPPING: YES, I COMBINE ITEMS FOR SHIPMENT TO SAVE ON COSTS. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A COMBINED SHIPPING COST. THANK YOU.
8) IF USING PAYPAL, SUCCESSFUL buyer “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF sale UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
9) IF SENDING PAYMENT VIA REGULAR MAIL, SUCCESSFUL buyer “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF sale UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
10) CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS CAN ONLY BE MADE THROUGH PAYPAL.COM
11) IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 3 DAYS FOR PAYPAL OR 10 DAYS FOR REGULAR MAIL AND THE SUCCESSFUL buyer IS NOT RESPONDING TO THE SELLER'S E-MAIL MESSAGES, THE ITEM IS SUBJECT TO RELISTING OR ANOTHER SALE – AND A “NON-PAYING” buyer CLAIM WILL BE FILED.
12) PLEASE SEE ALL THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGES SHOWN ABOVE FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BOOK OR OTHER ITEM UP FOR sale!
13) AS OF MID-1999, AT THE REQUEST OF ADMINISTRATION, THE FOLLOWING CLARIFICATION HAS BEEN ADDED TO ALL OF MY sales: THE NAMES OF THE DESIGNERS, ARCHITECTS, ARTISTS, SCHOOLS, AND/OR ARTISTIC MOVEMENTS MENTIONED IN THIS sale ARE ALSO AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE BOOK, CATALOG, OR EPHEMERAL ITEM LISTED IN THIS sale!
IN THE EVENT THAT THE ITEM IS AN OBJECT, ALL SUCH NAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THE sale DESCRIPTION TO PROVIDE HISTORICAL AND/OR BIOGRAPHICAL CONTEXT FOR THE ITEM!
LASTLY, SHOULD THE WORD "EAMES" BE USED IN THE SEARCH TITLE, IT IS THERE FOR THE PURPOSE OF REFERENCING THE MID-CENTURY TIME PERIOD OF THE 1940S THROUGH THE 1970S.
14) THIS ITEM IS BEING OFFERED BY DESIGN REFERENCES -- ESTABLISHED BY A FORMER ART MUSEUM CURATOR TURNED BOOKSELLER SPECIALIZING in OUT-OF-PRINT and PERIOD MATERIALS on the PROGRESSIVE IDEAS of MODERNISM and POST-MODERNISM in DECORATIVE ARTS and ARCHITECTURE, INDUSTRIAL and STUDIO ARTS of the 19TH & 20TH CENTURIES.
15) PLEASE -- NO REQUESTS FOR PHOTOCOPIES OF THIS ITEM. I DO NOT MAKE PHOTOCOPIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
16) AGAIN, COMMUNICATION IS KEY! IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES INVOLVING YOUR PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL WORK WITH YOU -- THANKS!
17) LASTLY -- WHEN OBSTACLES AND PROBLEMS LOOM LARGE AND YOU SEEM TO BE AT A STAND STILL, REMEMBER THAT EVEN A FALTERING STEP FORWARD IS BETTER THAN NO STEP AT ALL.
This item has been shown 0 times.