Vintage Atwater Kent Radiodyne Breadboard Tube Radio 1923 Super Rare Receiver
This item has been shown 0 times.
Vintage Atwater Kent Radiodyne Breadboard Tube Radio 1923 Super Rare Receiver:
Click on any image to enlarge! Please be patient while they download. (© Copyright 2012, by Peter Frei) (Item no. 8452)
The rarest of them all, the Atwater Kent RADIODYNE Bread Board radio in all original condition.
Fresh from an attic, this is the rarest, and most desirable Bread Board
Radio of them all; the Atwater Kent Radiodyne.
The Radiodyne is so rare because the name "Radiodyne" was already registered by another Radio Manufacturer, Western Coil in Racine, Wisconsin. Western Coil registered the name "Radiodyne" just one day in September of 1923 before Atwater Kent tried to register the name and had also claimed prior use of the name in August. See Radio Manufacturers of the 1920's by Alan Douglas, Vol.1, page 66. If you don't have a set of Alan Douglas' books I would strongly recommend his books. As Atwater Kent was unable to legally continue using the name "Radiodyne" and had to seize using the name, the few bread boards which were already built are highly sought after. The model was thereafter named the model 10 and the tags with the name "Radiodyne" disappeared.
This radio is all original and would probably still work if you would hook it up to a power supply, antenna, ground, and a set of headsets. The Bakelite is perfect without any repairs, cracks, chips or other imperfections. I cleaned a small area of the board to show you how it will look when it is cleaned, see picture #3-5. The three green painted metal cans of the tuning condensers are dirty but there is no rust to speak of, the can of the three tube island does have rusty spots, see picture #2 and 8. The coils are undamaged and intact, see picture #12-14. The labels underneath the board are there, see picture #21. All the tags with the name "Radiodyne" are intact, see picture # 17 and 18, and so are the screws and wires. The varnish on the wooden board is original and in good condition.
I took many pictures so you can see what you are offerding on.
This is the model 4340 Radiodyne built in 1923 and has the serial number A60191. The overall dimensions of this radio are, 31 x 6 x 10 inch or 787 x 152 x 254 mm. The matching five Cunningham UX201A tubes are included but not tested. For more information, click here!
I have many other interesting radios or wireless related items listed on right now. To see my other items on , click here!
AS ALWAYS! THIS ITEM WILL SELL AT ANY PRICE!
Terms and Conditions. Please read before you offer! (V.11.29.04) My pictures are twice as large !
- After the sale:
- In order to simplify and expedite transactions, here is my address and phone number: Peter Frei, 101 Maybrook Road, HOLLAND, MA 01521. Phone: 413 245 4660, (9:00 hours - 23:00 hours, Eastern Standard time). Do not hesitate to call me if you have a problem. Payment:
- If you are the successful buyer, your payment should be received by me within seven days. If you are living outside the 48 lower states, I will email you an invoice with the cost for shipping to your destination.
- Massachusetts residents are required to pay 6.25% sales tax unless you provide me with a signed copy of your "Sales Tax Resale Certificate," (Form ST-4).
- High-buyers without a PayPal account can mail me their payment.
- Non-paying buyers will get a warning after 7 days.
At the same time I will initiate the "Unpaid item Process"
with . If a "Non-paying buyer" fails to make payment in full
within 7 more days, I will open an "unpaid item case" will file a
request for a "Final Value Fee Credit" with in accordance with
's policies. To learn more about 's "Unpaid item Policy",
Shipping & Handling:
High buyer within the lower 48 states will pay actual shipping.
International High buyers and buyers outside the lower 48 states will pay actual shipping cost.
The measurements of this parcel are: 37" by 13" by 13", and weighs
You can calculate shipping using the cost-calculator of the United States Parcel Service. response:
- I guarantee to reciprocate the courtesy of posting response within ten days upon the successful buyer posting response. E-mail: English and German
- Response guaranteed if received no later than 24 hours before end of sale. E-mail me any time, if I am on-line I certainly will be glad to answer any question you may have.
- In fairness to all buyers, I also will not end any sale early (regardless of price offered). Therefore, I will disregard e-mail with this request or any other question already answered in the description or fine print of this listing, including inquiries about shipping cost, as all information you need to figure it out yourself is included in this listing. Return Policy:
- I offer an unconditional money-back refund on your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Items must be returned in the same package and in the same condition as they where shipped out, within 14 days upon receipt. Please notify me by e-mail before you return your item. If it is my fault, I will pay for shipping both ways. I will not accept any returns of packages shipped outside the US.
offer with confidence. I am a full-time professional antique dealer with 29 years of experience. My descriptions and my pictures are never designed to misrepresent or over-embellish my items. My response comments and rating attest to the quality, level and integrity of my customer service. My reputation is very important to me. I will try everything reasonable to make you happy! Please send e-mail if not totally satisfied, before leaving negative response. If should be down any time during the last two hours before the end of this sale, I will disregard all and any offers and declare this sale as void. In this case, I would re-list this item as soon as is up and running again. Good luck, and happy offerding!!
powered by yabeware