Vtg 1930's Men's Barnstormer Horsehide Leather Jacket Gimbel's Rare Exc 42-44 For SaleUp for sale today is a vintage leather jacket. This is a 1930's era button up jacket in excellent condition, remarkable for it's age. Genuine front quarter horsehide made by Gimbel's, Barnstormer 3/4 length style.
- Brand: Gimbel's
- Size: L (42-44), based on estimate and measurement
- Measurements: 22.5" armpit to armpit measured on the outside, 22.5" across the back edge to edge at the waist (top of the belt loops), 31.5" length from the base of the collar seam to the bottom edge measured down the back, 19.5" shoulder seam to shoulder seam measured across the back on the outside, and 24" from shoulder seam to the end of the cuffs. 35" from the center seam at the back of the neck to the end of the cuff. I'm a 38 Long and it fits me large in the body and slightly long in the arms. I am assuming that would make it a proper 42 Regular, but that is only an assumption and I needn't tell you that if you are not intimately familiar with your own leather jacket measurements then you have no business buying a 4 digit vintage jacket until you do have all your measurements down pat. If you need more measurements please ask. There are no returns on this jacket, so ask if you need more information.
- Color: Black horsehide with a red plaid wool interior and gray green inner wool cuffs.
- Condition: This jacket is in excellent overall condition. The leather really shows very little wear and is supple. This jacket has been professionally saddle soaped and conditioned, and is just a great example overall. There are minor bits of wear, to the top of one shoulder and light wear on the center of the back. The heavy lining shows a couple minor holes, but is also in excellent condition. No particularly out of character wear you would normally see at the bottom edge and in the armpits from a jacket 80 years old. The bottom edge has some wrinkling typical from wear and scrunching while sitting, with a couple scuff spots and/or dings as pictured. The inner sleeve wool cuffs are in excellent shape, and still have great elasticity. The lamb collar has some minor spots of loss, not very noticeable as it is not extensive. The pictures should tell the full story, and whatever wear this jacket has is really truly minor. The only spot of major or moderate wear on the entire jacket is to the belt. The belt leather has edge wear especially to the tip, and the belt buckle has some significant wear.
- Features: Heavy plaid wool lining, wool inner cuffs. 3/4 length genuine horsehide barnstormer style. This jacket is pre-zipper button up.
This item has been shown 0 times.