Vtg Menu Segovia Regency Restaurant San Juan Puerto Rico Good Cond C1960s-1970s?
This item has been shown 16 times.
Vtg Menu Segovia Regency Restaurant San Juan Puerto Rico Good Cond C1960s-1970s?:
Up forsale is a vintage menu from a presumably long-gone restaurant in San Juan, Puerto Rico: the Segovia Regency Restaurant, as it reads on the front of the double-folded card menu. No location or date appears anywhere on the menu, which measures 5-1/2 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high when closed. On the back of the menu -- which has glossy (treated) paper onthe front and back -- is an orange-tinted view of, as it reads, "CIUDAD DE SEGOVIA, ESPAÑA ("City of Segovia, Spain").
The two-page menu is intended for English speakers, though a number of the dishes, which range in price from 50 cents for coffeebeverages (American Coffee, Sanka Coffee, andCafé Expresso) to $12 for Maine lobster, are in Spanish, a few under the category called "Spanish and Caribbean Cookery."
I wasn't able to find anything out about this restaurant: where it was located, how long it was around, who owned it, etc., but I'm thinking it might have been the house restaurantin a hotel called the Segovia Regency, as there's still a hotel of that name in Mexico City. If someone out there remembers this hotel or restaurant, I'd appreciate finding out more about it, so I can, if possible, add the information to this paltry description. My guess is it's from the 1960s or 1970s, but I can't be certain of the sections the menu is divided into are:
- Appetizers (including Caviar Noir Teheran and Foie Gras of Strasbourg, each for $6)
- From Our Sea Food Bar (including Fresh Louisiana Oysters on Half Shells and Fresh Shrimp Cocktail, each for $2.50)
- Cold Dishes (including Chef Salad Plate for $4.50 and Lobster Salad Segovia Special for $8.50)
- Soups (including Potage Du Jour, Minestrone, Consommé Madrileño, and Cold Vichyssoise for 95 cents and Black Beans, Onion, and Broto di Galina Pastina for $1.25 each)
- Fish and Sea Food (including Genuine Dover Soule Saute Meuniere for $6.95 and Frog Leg Saute, Garlic Sauce for $7.50)
- Spanish and Caribbean Cookery (including Filete de Lenguado Relleno con Jueyes de Alaska, a la Segoviaand Zarzuela de Mariscos a la Newburg, both for $6.95 each and Asopao de Langosta and Asopao Fruta de Mar, each for $7.50)
- French Specialties (including Broiled Whole CornishGame Hen, Guava Jelly for $6.50, Canard Flambe a l'Orange for $8.50,and Tournedos Rossini for $9.50)
- Italian Specialties (including Spaghetti a la Von Gole for $3.95, Veal Cutlet Parmegiana for $5.50, and Egg-Noodles with Langostinos a la Genovesa for $8.50)
- Charcoal Broiler(including Shrimps Brochette with Spanish Rice for $6.95, Filet Mignon (8 oz.) for $8.50, and Broiled Whole Lobster Tail for $10.50)
- Salads (including Mixed Green Salad, Sliced Tomatoes or Heart of Lettuce for $1 and Caesar Salad for $2.25)
- Desserts (Tembleque (home made), Guava Shells with Cheese, Flan al Caramelo, and Delicia Napolitana for $1;Meringue Glassé, Apple Pie a la Mode, Bisquit Tortoni, Natilla (home made),Coupe Helen, Diplomat Pudding, and Plombiere aux Marronsfor $1.25; and for $8 you can havethe "Atomic Bomb for 4 persons")
- Beverages (besides the three aforementioned coffees, you can get an Irish Coffee for $2.75)
Thisold menu for the Segovia Regency Restaurant in San Juan, Puerto Rico,isbeing soldAS IS,AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND PICTURED WITHIN. I am setting what I feel isa very reasonable starting price for what appears to be quite a rare (though not necessarily collectible) piece of San Juanephemera, which I sourced at a central Connecticut flea market,and there is .I am also including a Buy It Now andhandling for the menu: $3 to U.S. addresses (via Media Mail) and $11 to Canada and $15 to Europe, Japan, Australia, South America, and elsewhere in the world (the latter two via First Class Mail it happens thatI have underestimated the shipping price -- this happens rarely, but I want to cover all the bases --I hope you will not be averse to my increasing it the required amount, once I get the menu all packed and ready for shipping. Likewise, if I've overestimated the cost for shipping,I will issue you a refund via PayPal (but for no more than $3, which I think is fair but which is negotiable).
Note that due to 's strictpolicy, I ACCEPT PAYPAL ONLY FROM ALL BUYERS, both in the U.S. and abroad. Ifyou want the menu sent morequicklyto you (e.g., viaExpress or Global Express Mail), youmust request this asap after winningit (or beforehand, if possible), and I will adjust the amount accordingly.
I will do my best to send the item out to you no more than 2-3 business days following receipt of payment(that is, when PayPal informs me that your payment has been posted to or otherwise cleared in my you are the winnerof this menu, PAYMENT IS EXPECTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS (14 DAYS) FROM THE PURCHASE DATE.If youcannot pay within this time frame, please contact me asap so we can work something out. I'm very flexible and understanding, but I would appreciate communication from you one way or another.
If for some reason you are not satisfiedwith your purchase, either because I have erred in describing it oroverlooked some damage or the like, please contact me WITHIN 30 DAYS with an explanation and I will refund your money -- less shipping and handling and my and PayPal fees -- or negotiate an exchange once themenu is backin my possession and IS IN THE SAME CONDITION IN WHICH IT WAS SENT TO for looking, and please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions or comments about this old menu from San NOTE THAT I WILL HAPPILY ADJUST SHIPPING CHARGES FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES!!!!
ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT, IF APPLICABLE, WILL ADD THE APPROPRIATE STATE SALES TAX TO THE INVOICE.