Very Rare 1852 Frederick Douglass Newspaper North Star Slavery Slaves Abolition
This item has been shown 3664 times.
Very Rare 1852 Frederick Douglass Newspaper North Star Slavery Slaves Abolition:
Very Rare 1852 FREDERICK DOUGLASS NEWSPAPER North Star Slavery Slaves Abolition (Note: additional images are located below the description) Offered is an original, historic, & collectible old newspaper: FREDERICK DOUGLASS' PAPER, Rochester, New York, August 13, 1852
* Extremely rare title
We are pleased to offer this exceedingly rare--and highly desirable--newspaper by the famed Frederick Douglass. This weekly title is the continuation of his newspaper "North Star" which began in 1847.
Douglass was perhaps the most famous 19th century African-American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery lecturer, writer, and publisher.
Among the various articles in this issue are those headed "Cotton Divinity and Infidelity" "The Free Colored People's Convention" "Free Soil Convention" "Light In The South" "Second Anti-Slavery Festival" "Counterpart to Uncle Tom" & much more.
Complete in four pages, never bound nor trimmed, two folds with minimal wear at the fold juncture, minimal foxing at the folds. Generally nice condition.
A very fine and rare opportunity for one of the more sought-after titles of the 19th century.
Please Note: All of our offerings are 100% authentic! We do not offer reprints or reproductions of any kind. They are guaranteed to be original!
Shipping, Archival Storage Options, Certificates of Authenticity, About Us, and more...
- For this specific item, A U.S. winner pays $9.00 S&H. If multiple items are purchased and paid for simultaneously, the S&H will be calculated by using the highest item's S&H as the base cost, and then adding $1 for each additional newspaper. The per-item additional cost for folders, portfolios, and presentation cases vary.
- All U.S. orders include in-house insurance at no additional cost to the buyer.
- All U.S. bound orders include delivery confirmation (if sent by USPS) and/or tracking (if sent by UPS).
- Expedited shipping is available for all orders upon request. Every effort is made to ship all orders within 24 business hours of receiving payment.
- Some small items may be shipped 1st Class. We will still provide tracking and insure them at our expense.
If the automated checkout process does not properly combine shipping, we will refund overages automatically. If you prefer, contact us prior to payment to obtain a revised invoice. International Shipping Policy...
- Upon purchasing, international winners should contact us for an invoice which includes S&H to their location.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to offerding/buying. Note: We will not falsify customs declarations or mark an item as "gift" in order to avoid customs fees.
- If insurance is desired, be in touch for a quote. All insured orders are subject to customs, duties, & taxes for the amount insured and are subject to item 2 above.
- Large and/or brittle issues must be shipped flat and are required to be shipped by Priority Mail International (PMI), often at a weight of 3 pounds or more - quite expensive. Please contact us for a pre-purchase/pre-offerding S&H quote if you are concerned about the potential S&H cost.
- International purchasers are encouraged to take advantage of our combined shipping policy to lower the cost per item S&H.
We have been dealers in rare newspapers for over 43 years, serve as consultants to multiple museums, and are members of the American Antiquarian Society. offer with confidence knowing that every item we offer is guaranteed to be authentic.
More Information About Us
Timothy Hughes Rare Newspapers
P.O. Box 3636
Williamsport, PA 17701-8636
Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:00 EST
Click to view our additional offerings
"...desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things." Hebrews 13:18
If you would like to have either the Archival Storage Folder ($12.00, plus corresponding adjustment to the final S&H) or the Certificate of Authenticity ($3.00) included with the issue, please purchase these directly through using the links provided. These items are also available through our cross-promoted store offerings."Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." Thomas Jefferson