Very Rare 1st Pattern Raf Royal Air Force Other Ranks Shoulder Eagles - 1919
This item has been shown 92 times.
Very Rare 1st Pattern Raf Royal Air Force Other Ranks Shoulder Eagles - 1919:
BEFORE offerDING PLEASEREAD AND TAKE NOTE OF THE POINTS AT THE END OF THIS LISTING
A beautiful, and matched pair of rare 1st Pattern Royal Air Force shoulder eagles.
The Royal Air Force was established in April 1918, formed by the amalgamation of the Royal Flying Corps and Royal Naval Air Service. During the first 18 months or so there were many varieties of uniform worn, particularly by officers who were permitted to wear the uniform of their parent service to begin with. With other ranks, a new shoulder title in cloth 'Royal Air Force' was introduced, in the same style as the former 'Royal Flying Corps' shoulder title, but this only lasted about 6 months, and by the end of 1918 the shoulder eagle had been introduced for all ranks of Warrant Officer (2nd Class) and below. The same emblem, in one style or another continues to be worn to this day.
A very rare pair of 1st pattern Other Ranks shoulder eagle dating from the late 1918 to early 1920s period. Overall very good condition and fairly clean, they are a perfect match to each other. The three period photos showing them in use all date from 1918 to 1920.
1) If the final selling price on a lot (or combined lots) is under £20.00, you have two choices for postage,tracked and not tracked, which will be on your invoice. The item/s will be sent by standard post (both within the UK and overseas) as standard. However, ifyou wish the item to be tracked, please pay the appropriate postage, or let me know and I will send a revised invoice.
2) If the final selling priceof a single lot/combined lotsis over £20.00, they will be sent by Recorded Delivery as standard in the UK. If the final selling priceof a single lot, or combined lotsis over £100.00, they will be sent by SpecialDelivery as standard in the UK.For overseas buyers, If the final selling priceof a single lot, or combined lotsis over £20.00, they will be sent byTracked Postage as standard. In all cases applicable postage as advertised on the listing will be applied.
In this instance,WAIT FOR AN INVOICE!If you pay before receiving one (using the 'Pay Now' button or using the generated invoice), please make sure you pay the appropriate postage for Recorded Delivery, Special Delivery(UK) or Tracked (overseas) postage as advertised on the listing. IF THE POSTAGE IS UNDERPAID YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR THE DIFFERENCE AND YOUR ITEM WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL FULL PAYMENT FOR POSTAGE IS RECEIVED!
3) I am happy to combine postage on multiple lots. If you are offerding on several lots over more than one day please message me so I am aware and I'll be happy to send a combined invoice when you're finished.
4) Due totime wasters, if you have less than 10 response and want to offer, contact me BEFORE the sale or your offers MAY be cancelled.
5) If you are unable to pay within 48hours please contact
me BEFORE the sale, or an 'unpaid item' case will be opened and the sale may be cancelled.