Vintage 1960's Blue Tag Converse Chuck Taylor 11 Mens Low Top Shoes All Star Usa For Sale
Vintage 1960's BLUE TAG Converse Chuck Taylor 11 Mens Low Top Shoes All Star USA
Thanks for looking at my sales this week. I recently celebrated my 15th year on , and I now have over 2200 100% positive responses! I really try to describe items well and work with you if there's a problem, so please email me any questions and don't just leave negative response if there's an issue.
Please read these terms and details before offerding:
1) USA ONLY shipping. 7 day sale. No Buy It Now unless one is listed. I do not end sales early (it's not fair to people already watching or offerding on the item already), but please feel free to offer.
2) If you have zero or less than 10 response, email me *before* offerding. If you don't email me first I will blacklist you and cancel your offer. Sorry, far too many non-paying low-response buyers lately.
3) If this item is listed with FedEx shipping, then it will be insured for the full amount. Shipping to your work address is always preferred. Items worth over $100 or items going to apartments will require a signature. Call 1-800-go-fedex if you need to make arrangements. If this item is listed with USPS shipping, then tracking is now included with Priority and Flat Rate for free.
4) If you live close by or won multiple items, don't pay immediately! Email me first requesting a shipping adjustment and then I'll combine shipping or arrange a pickup for you.
5) I will say if an electronic item works or not, usually in great detail. If I say it is "untested" or "as-is," then there are no returns on that item no matter what. I am often selling vintage electronics on , so if this is one such sale, expect old capacitors and out-of-spec resistors to need replaced, bearings oiled, etc, even if I do say that the item works perfectly at the time of sale.
This sale is for a very rare and early pair of Converse All Star Chuck Taylor basketball shoes.
These shoes have the early and sought-after square tag on the heels, dating them back to the 1960's.
These are blue canvas low-tops, in a men's size 11. Their soles measure approximately 12" long by 4" wide at the widest part.
As you can see, these are in as-found condition. I made no attempt to clean them up (explained in next paragraph). They are pretty worn, and have a hole worn in the center of the one sole, and various wear here and there, but nonetheless amazing that they survived all these years! I pulled these out of a warehouse and saved them from the landfill.
While maybe too beat up to wear (?), these would certainly be cool to put in a museum exhibit that, say, for example, showcased sandlot sports history, what kids wore on the playground or in gym class, etc.
You don't see very many 50's - 60's square tag Chucks on , and when you do, they can fetch hundreds of dollars. Don't pass these up!
I have a lot of rare items up for sale each week, so please see my
Thanks for offerding on this item! Email me with any questions or if you need more pictures.
On Jul-29-13 at 11:01:49 PDT, seller added the following information:
I had an er message me stating that these are early 1970's and not 60's. I'm sure he knows better than I do. However, I did research these prior to listing them, and say several that looked identical in past sales and on other websites that were stated as 1960's. Regardless, they're old. offer accordingly. Thanks!
This item has been shown 401 times.
Vintage 1960's Blue Tag Converse Chuck Taylor 11 Mens Low Top Shoes All Star Usa: $42