Vintage Blenko 1959 Art Glass Nile Green Decanter; Integral Spout 5921; Husted For Sale
We are selling an original 1959
Blenko art glass decanter and stopper, called Integral Spout Decanter & Stopper
#5921. This decanter is easily held, has
a lovely color, and has a great mid-century design.
We researched this decanter at an organization’s (org) website “blenkoarchive” (what a good reference!). Based on our review of the decanter and our research, we know the following:
- This decanter is hand-blown in a strong amorphous shape.
- The handle to the decanter is built into the design; it is grasped at the indent below the base of the neck and above the pouring spout. It is easy to hold.
- In the organization’s Blenko design gallery, this decanter is pictured and is called “5921 integral spout decanter”.
- In the organization’s copy of Blenko’s 1959 catalog, this design was pictured and had the number #5921.
- It is a lovely deep green that Blenko named “Nile”; 1959 is the only year that this color name was used.
- The decanter has its original stopper in the same color as the body (but it is quite thick and the green is harder to see). The stopper is ground to fit and is ground flat on its bottom. The neck of the decanter has also been ground a bit to ensure a proper fit for the stopper.
- The decanter body has a rough pontil mark on the base.
- Around the pontil, the base has been ground to allow the decanter to sit flat.
- The sandblasted Blenko mark is located on the ground base. The mark is a copyright symbol “C” over “Blenko” with a very faint hand underneath. According to the organization website we consulted, this sandblasted mark was only used from late 1958 to early 1961.
- This mark’s time period falls firmly into the Blenko design period of Wayne Husted (1952-1963) and agrees with our 1959 dating of this design.
- Without the stopper, the decanter body measures 11
inches tall; it measures approximately 14 ¼ inches tall. It is about 6-8 inches across depending
on where you measure.
This decanter and stopper are in very good vintage condition.
- The stopper has no chips, nicks, cracks, or repairs that we can find; the only condition issue we see is 2 light scuffs that are about 1/8 inch long.
- The body is in similar condition with a shallow scratch at the back; a few
scuffs; a 1mm chip at the very tip of the tiny spout (it is hard to see;
we found it with a fingernail); and some faint interior water staining on
one side and also some at the base.
With this litany, it sounds like it would be in bad condition, but
we had to look at it with a critical eye to see these issues. It is in remarkable condition for being
over 50 years old.
see the photos which augment our description.
We will be happy to provide more if there is something specific you want
have tried to describe it as accurately as possible. Please feel free to email any questions you
have prior to offerding.
Thank you for looking at our listings
We hope you find something you can use, sell, or treasure!
We are paring down to keep
our rafters from falling in, so we are selling all kinds of things here on . Our listings include books, jewelry,
glassware, china, and other interesting items we have found over the years (in our store, you can see the listings
sorted into categories which might make browsing easier). We describe each item as well as we can, and our
listings include photos we have taken of the actual item(s) you will
receive. And, if you are allergic, ours
is a non-smoking home; we do have a cat but she is not generally near the items
we are selling.
We are not professional
sellers, but we do have the following selling policies.
Please ask any questions you
have before offerding/buying – we will be happy to provide further descriptions
or additional photos. If you want to buy
multiple items, we do combine items for shipping unless you are buying extremely
fragile, heavy, or large items (each case is unique – ask us). Please ask for a combined shipping total from
us while shopping or any time before making payment (it is a pain to adjusting
shipping charges after we receive payment).
At this time, we do not ship outside the United States.
Although we would rather have immediate payment,
please pay us via PayPal within 3 business days. If not, we will attempt to work with you
before opening an unpaid item case with .
And, if you use PayPal’s e-check option, we will ship your item after the e-check
We ship via US Postal
Service unless the item’s size warrants a different method. After payment is received, we normally ship your
package (with delivery tracking) the next postal business day. The USPS delivery tracking number will be in
the listing and can be used to track your package’s progress. We normally include a $1 for handling costs
in our listings.
If you would rather we use a
different shipping method, please ask us before you buy or before you make
payment (we need to make revisions to the invoice before you pay). Of course, local pickup in Knoxville (without
a shipping cost) is fine with us (near West Town Mall).
Please contact us if your
item is damaged when received or it is lost in shipping. We will work with you and the post office to
resolve the issue.
Returns & Refunds:
We offer 14-day refunds provided
the item is in the condition pictured in the listing. We ask that you communicate with us before
returning your purchase and that it is returned to us within 14 days of receiving
the package. Only the purchase price
will be refunded – you are responsible for the return shipping costs.
We love positive response! Please contact us before leaving less-than-positive response; we will work with you to make it right.
Thank you much!
This item has been shown times.