Vintage Britains Set #224, Arabs Of The Desert, Prewar 1925-1941
This item has been shown 0 times.
Vintage Britains Set #224, Arabs Of The Desert, Prewar 1925-1941:
Vintage Britains Set #224, Arabs of the Desert, Prewar 1925-1941 Made in England, Set of 11, Camels, Horses & Palm Trees Live like Lawrence of Arabia with this beautiful Britains "Arabs of the Desert" Set No. 224. It can be yours if you are the lucky winning buyer! This is a set a genuine Britains LTD Proprietors Set #224 Arabs of the Desert. The set includes eleven (11) different pieces including two Arabs mounted on dromedary camels, two riders on brown and black Arabian horses, four Bedouin soldiers marching on foot with jezails(a name for a rifle used in British India or the Middle East in the early 20th century) and it also comes with one coconut palm tree and two date palm trees. In short, this is a true collector's item. IT IS A VERY RARE FIND. This would be a beautiful addition for any collector or a great item just to have for a home, office or as a gift. Please examine the gallery photos closely for details and please feel free to message us with any question you may have. DESCRIPTION:
- This Britains Set #224, the Arabs of the Desert was identified based on research and base on the manufacturer's mark on the underside of nearly every figure, it reads: BRITAINS LTD PROPRIETORS, MADE IN ENGLAND. There are no breaks or tears in the metal of any of the pieces. The paint on each of these figures has held up quite well but there is some minor wear which is to be expected. Each figure is made of hollow-cast lead, and according to Britains, this set is most likely prewar, made from circa1925-1941. Overall, the condition of this set is very good considering they are about 80 years old. Please examine the gallery photos closely to get an idea of the condition.
- THIS SET COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Two Dromedary Camels with Riders: The first mounted Arab on the camel is dressed in a light blue and white burnoose, a long cloak of wool fabric with a hood worn in the Middle East. He is armed with a jezail in his right arm and sits atop a one-humped camel in a saddle with leopard skin on top. The camel is painted a desert brown and has a bridle with red tassels. The second mounted Arab on the came is dressed in a red and white burnoose. He also sits atop a saddle with leopard skin and steers the camel with the jezail in his right hand and reins in his left hand. The arm with the jezail on both riders can move up and down. Each camel is 3 1/2 inches long and about 4 1/2 inches tall.
- Two Mounted Arab Riders: The first mounted Arab on the Arabian horse is wearing a green keffiyeh, an Arab headdress, with a green cloakand carries his jezail in his right hand. The horse is painted black and is depicted in full gallop. The second mounted Arab wears a bright red keffiyeh and cloak and carries a scimitar, a curved Arabian sword. The sword can be raised above his head. This horse is painted brown. Each mounted rider is 3 1/4 inches long and about 3 inches tall.
- Four Bedouin Soldiers on Foot: The Bedouin are an Arabian ethic group that lives primarily in the desert. All four soldiers are depicted as marching with a jezail. Two wear bright red, the third wears light blue and the fourth is clothed in a yellow garment. The soldiers on foot are 2 1/4 inches tall and about 3 1/4 inches tall if you count the jezail.
- Three Palm Trees, Two Date Palms, One Coconut Palm: Palms are found throughout the Arab world. The Coconut palm is quite large, 7 inches tall and about 4 inches wide. The date palms are 5 1/4 inches tall and 3 1/4 inches wide. They make for a beautiful background for an oasis scene.
- PayPal is the accepted means of payment. No personal checks accepted.
- Payment must be received with five (5) days after the close of sale (Unless other arrangements are made)
- Non-paying winners will be reported to
- All sales are final, please view photos closely
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE.
- Cost varies depending on country. Please wait for invoice before checkout if you are an international buyer.
- Shipping will be paid for by the buyer. The shipping and handling cost will be $7.50 for mailing within the United States.
- Items in the set will be packaged/bubble wrapped and mailed via USPS.
- Seller will only accept a return is an item is clearly misrepresented in the listing
- All items are sold “as is.” If there is a problem with your purchase please contact us immediately as we value your positive response