Vintage Custom Paint Superglide Chopper Tank Old Rare Harley Shovelhead Panhead For Sale
Click Here. Double your traffic. Get Vendio Gallery - Now FREE!
Up for grabs is another genuine piece ofchopper history: CUSTOM PAINTED HARLEY SUPERGLIDE CHOPPER TANK.
This is the ultimate shop/garage hanger conversation piece or a tank that will truly make thatold schoolchopper build one of a kind!
Please look at all of the supersized pictures and use the zoom feature tomake your own finaljudgement, I have tried to highlight theitem from all angles. Here is the condition as I see it:
-Tank is in overall good shape for its age and for being a survivor that was on somebody's old chopper.
-Steel body is inexcellent shape with only a small 1" diameter ding on the top left (see photos 2, 8, 9), and possible repars? on the bottomnear the petcock area(see photo 12)
- Inside is fairly clean but does have slight rust andwhat looks to beold gas varnish residue that should be cleaned out and/or sealed.
- The custom painthas some chips, scratches, cracksand a heavy tape line on thegreen stripethat can be seen in pictures 1-12. This is a true old school psychadelic backyard 70's chopper job.
- The most major"flaws" or "patina" (however you want to look at them)in the paint that will be visible when mounted arethe large chipped off paint from the dingon the top left side (see photos 8, 9), the paint imerfection on the bottom front right (see photo 6), and the heavytape line in the paint from when it was masked off to lay down the green flake(see photos 1-4, 8, 9... can likely be sanded and cleared over).
-No gas cap or petcocks areincluded.
- This is a standard Harley DavidsonSuperglide tank with the stockmounts to be fitted to any olderBig Twin frame with the stock Fat Bob tank mountswith the proper superglidemounting hardware kit (available through V-Twin).
- Please verify fitment on your end before purchasewith your model year/frame, or that you are comfortable with custom fitting to your application.
- I am more than happy to assist withmeasurements or additional pictures ifneeded.
- My shipping price alwaysincludes the cost of FULL VALUE INSURANCE andfor items over $250 also includes SIGNATURE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION (this requiresUSPS Express, UPS, or FedExdelivery for International)this is not an option due to the value/rarity of the items I sell and policy. Cost also takes into account and PayPal fees as well as packaging, materials, and time to make sure your item is professionally packaged and shipped within 1 business day and arrives to you safe and as pictured. If you have any questions/issues please feel free to ask, I am also open to working with you to save $ anywhere I can within reason but when working through I will always follow rules/regulations/policies, this is not an option when transacting business on .
*Please look at all of the pictures carefully and message me with any questions or if you would like any additional photos or description of the item. Please also do your own research if you are looking to make sure your restoration is 100% model year correct as I do my best to research and confirm the exact year(s) for all parts as best I can but make no guarantees. I also do my best to describe each item in detail and take as many photos as possible, if you are ever unsatisfied with any item and feel anything was misrepresented please let me know and I will do what I can to make you happy. In the end I'm just another poor guy supporting his own motorcycle addiction*
**Foreign Buyer / Overseas Buyer Services- YOUR COMPANY is the buyer to which I am responsible for delivery of the item to, and YOUR COMPANY is responsible to inspect and accept/reject the item as the buyer I am selling it to. By offerding/purchasing this item on behalf of another buyer you agree that all liability after item reaches your facility is on YOUR COMPANY as a 3rd party buyer service and that once the item is forwarded on from your location to a 3rd party I am released from all buyer protection liability, having completed my duty as the seller in safely delivering the item to the buyer listed on the transaction (YOUR COMPANY). By forwarding on the item from your location you are by default agreeing that the item was received in acceptable (as pictured/described condition). It is your job as the forwarding service to ensure the item is received at your location in acceptable condition and is forwarded on safely and reaches its final destination, I can not and will not be held liable for any shipping, damage, or item condition claims once the item has been forwarded on to a 3rd party buyer. Any issues arising after item has been forwarded to a 3rd party are solely between YOUR COMPANY and YOUR 3rd PARTY BUYER. BY offerDING/PURCHASING THIS ITEM YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THESE TERMS**
This item has been shown 118 times.
Vintage Custom Paint Superglide Chopper Tank Old Rare Harley Shovelhead Panhead: $300