Vintage Haslam Dress Cutting X13 Collectors, Costume Makers Circa 30s-50s
This item has been shown times.
Vintage Haslam Dress Cutting X13 Collectors, Costume Makers Circa 30s-50s:
About this set of thirteen Miss Haslam Dress Cutting booklets
Miss Haslam was an amazing inspiration, do read more about her if you don't know who she was. This is a set of 13 of her illustrated Books of Draftings, some colour, some black and white. Many of these were not dated when printed so you'll need an expert to see how far back these go, where I can find a date I've put it. I bought them in good faith with an estimated age of 1930s-1950s, so I'm listing with the same date range I was given. I hope that helps people looking to narrow down the date. All have the most wonderful illustrations of the fashions of the day some in colour. When you look through you'll be thinking, did people really wear that to bed! I've taken some pictures of these for you to see inside, it's like a going through time thumbing through these wonderful illustrations. These are very collectable items so I have listed below each one and it's condition for anyone one looking for missing ones to complete a collection. You may be getting started so this would be a good set for you if you are. I'm only selling them as one listing here and can't split them I'm afraid. What's included is, in no particular order:
- No. 16 Spring and Summer (beach suit dress, Gor-Ray skirt, swagger coat) - pencil scribble on the font and a page 11 has a little writing on top in pencil, I like to leave these sort of things. Mixture of black and white an colour pages. Can't see a date.
- No. 4 Spring Supplement (tennis coats and frocks, a nice swagger coat with raglan sleeve) - a few pencil scribble on a couple of pages very easy to remove, I like to leave them. Black and white pages. Note inside reads - 'if your chart was issued prior to 1931...'
- No. 5 Springand Summer Supplement (Long coat, capes, afternoon frock, cape and cardigan coat and tennis frocks) - Black and white pages. Can't see a date on this one.
- No. 8 Lingerie, with blouses, skirts and accessories (couple of pages on maternity in this one and wonderful to seebed jackets, night gowns and capes not often worn now) Writing on front cover and page 15 in pen. Black and white copy.
- No. 10 Lingerie, Blouses, Skirts, Maternity Wear, Overalls and Men's Wear - (Men's wear is just one or two pages (poor us), house gown, night gown, dressing gown, dressing jacket, aprons) No writing in this one. Black and white with no visible dates.
- Unnumbered specially designed for fuller figures - (Dresses, coats and nightwear) not been written in and it is black and white. A wonderful line inside reads, 'several are suitable for the older matron of smaller build'. We don't say that now thank god.
- No. 11 Spring and Summer Supplement - (Coats, dresses and tennis frock) Not written in colour copy. No visible dates.
- No. 24 Autumn and Winter - (Mostly dresses, some coats and tiny bit on children's wear) no writing in this copy, writing in pencil on the front cover, date in brackets 1947 in pencil, should not be taken as a guarantee of the date of this item. Black and white.
- No. 9 Lingerie with Blouses, Skirts, Overalls and Maternity Wear - (title describes content well) no writing in this copy. Black and white with no visible date.
- No. 11 Book of Draftings - (Sleeves and collars, afternoon frock, business suit raglan style, evening coats, day and evening capes, girls and children's section) Page one and page 3 have somewritingin in pencil. Black and white with no visible dates.
- No. 14 Blue cover - Book of Draftings- (Blouse, Skirts, Dresses, Evening Dress, Dinner Gown, Evening Coat, Ladies Three Piece Suit, Sportswear, Girls and Children's section) Page 1, 3, 28 and 29 have writing in pencil. Black and white pages. Advert in back cover has dates of 1937-38
- No. 22 Spring and Summer - (Dresses, beach and tennis wear, suits and coats) Clean not written in some black and white pages, some colour. No visible dates.
- No. 14 Red and white cover - Spring and Summer - (Dresses, summer suit, coats, jigger coat and Jacket) - no writting in this one. Black and white with some colour pages. No visible dates.
Please note these are not ready cut patterns, they are a wonderful group of thirteen original booklets looking for a good home to love them while they mature into antiques of the | CraftbyStevie | Secondhand&Vintage Add to Favourite Shops | Sign up for Shop newsletterVintage & Retro SewingVintage & Retro KnittingVintage & Retro MacrameVintage & Retro Crochet