Vintage Original By Robert Jeweled Rocking Chair Powder Compact - Rare
This item has been shown 0 times.
Vintage Original By Robert Jeweled Rocking Chair Powder Compact - Rare:
Vintage Original by Robert Jeweled Rocking Chair Powder Compact - RARE
- Measures about 5 1/4" tall
- Designed to look like an intricately carved chair to sit on a dresser and hold a compact
- Here is some background information on Original by Robert:
- Robert Levey, David Jaffe, and Irving Landsman founded the Fashioncraft Jewelry Company NYC in 1942. Landsman left in 1951, and the company changed its name to Robert Originals, Inc.
- The company jewelry went by the name of Robert or Original by Robert.
- Their designs have natural and floral motifs with the use of faux pearls, colored glass, crystal beads, and high quality imported rhinestones set on gilded filigree open wire and openwork mountings.
- The company’s advertisement in the 1940s indicated that the jewelry was hand crafted with fine details that possibly expert jewelers could mistake the stones for genuine precious jewels. Because of its excellent design, workmanship and materials, the jewelry sold at a high price.
- The firm supplied jewelry to the motion picture industry.
- Levey retired in 1975. Mark: "Original by Robert" 1942-1979 with a copyright symbol after 1955
- This piece is in excellent condition with the puff and sifter - all look like they were never used
- A rare and beautiful piece to add to your collection
- Be sure and check out my other listings - I am happy to combine whenever I can to save on shipping
- I do not ship internationally
Please email me with any questions. Payment to be made within 3 days of end of sale. I do not ship internationally. Thank you for visiting - please check back often as I always have a wide variety of items for sale.
View My Other Items For Sale
Visit My store
Texture by backgroundcity