Vintage Waterman 52 V Bchr Fountain Pen *flexible #2 Wet Noodle Ideal Nib For Sale
Vintage Waterman 52 v BCHR Fountain Pen *Flexible #2 Wet Noodle IDEAL Nib
This listing is for an excellentvintage Waterman's 52 v ring-top fountain pen in black chased hard rubber.
This pen has a wonderful flexible #2 nib
Made in U.S.A in the early 1920's. This pen is in excellent condition, and is a joy to write with.
This pen is in working condition and ready to write. Full detailed description below.
Please check out my Video Demonstration
Wet Noodle - XF-BBB; line variation (.22 mm-2.28 mm)
line variation refers to the distance the tines spread during flex
Important distinction: these two aspects (degree of flex and line variation) do not equal a 1 to 1 relationship, example:
- one pen may have a wet noodle nib with a line variation from .45mm to 1.2mm,
- another may have a semi-flex nib with a line variation from .18mm to 1.80mm.
- Important distinction: these two aspects (degree of flex and line variation) do not equal a 1 to 1 relationship, example:
- SuperFlex refers to the amount of pressure needed to achieve maximum line thickness
- line variation refers to the distance the tines spread during flex
- normal nib when not flexed, will write at any speed.
- ideal writing balance when pen is posted
- Pen case is exceptionally clean,
- lever filler (working condition)
- pen draws ink from well successfully (these pens take a smaller ink sac therefore ink availablilty is less)
Superbly responsive nib
- the ability of the nib tines to return to normal position following a flex
- clean pen overal
- 110.5 mm capped
- 143 mm posted
- 11.5 mm diameter at thickest part of the case
The Nib (Pen) :Wet Noodle | XF-BBB | .22 mm - 2.28mm
- clean tip, excellent alignment
- Very rare nib due to combination of huge line variation and degree of flex
- high responsivity, suitable for those who need precision and control
- suitable for professional writers who demand the best of their nibs
- "Waterman | IDEAL | New York" imprinted on nib
- very enjoyable vintage flex nib
- nib feels smooth on paper
- solid 14 karat gold
- will write at any speed when not flexed
- beautiful consistent hairlines
- excellent ink flow ( rhodia or other high-grade paper is recommended )
The Body (Case): Excellent | 8.5/10
- lettering has a little wear
- chasing has some wear
- minimal oxidation on lever filler
- no cracking
- very minor oxidation to hard rubber
- firm lever action
- no personalizations
Please See Writing Sample and Video for the Best Description
- With proper ink and paper (diamine and rhodia 80g) this pen will glide beautifully and leave desirable strokes
- with high maintenance ink and copy paper, do not expect favorable results
- INTERNATIONAL buyers please inquire for approval PRIOR to placing a offer, as I do not ship to all countries.
- PayPal payments are to be made within 3 days of sale's end (extensions are possible if pre-approved)
- We will only ship to your confirmed address that is registered with PayPal. They send us your address & we must ship to THAT address so please make sure this information is up to date with PayPal.
- Allpayments are to be in US funds ONLY.
BUYERS:Shipping rate is for lower 48 states only. (international/other buyers please inquire with me PRIOR to offer/purchase and I will do anything reasonable to meet your shipping needs).
I have made every endeavour to produce a fair and accurate description of this item. Photos shown are actual photos of the item taken just before it was listed. Some of my listings even include a video demonstration, and these have proven to be very beneficial to potential buyers. If you have any questions, please email me before you place your offer/purchase.
All items are sold ASIS. Returns are only accepted if the description fails to accurately describe the item. I will accept a return if the request is made within three days of receipt of your item. Item must be returned within 14 days of filing your return. Item must be returned in its original condition, damages during shipping are not seller's responsibility. Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges. All items are %100 authentic, and are in perfect working collect, repair, restore, and use fine vintage writing instruments. Over time, I have learned how to repair and restore a wide variety of high-quality vintage fountain pens, and occasionally I like to sale a few of them off. All of my items are of great quality and are ready to use. They have been pristinely cared for. My top shelf pens are available at www.vintageflex.net. Sometimes, I provide audio equipment and other odds and ends.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
FREE! Sellers: Add a FREE map to your listings. FREE!
This item has been shown 0 times.